+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

International

Re: Boris accused of something that allegedly occurred 20 years ago.

[QUOTE=the other bob wilson;5009030]Let's face it, given the number of allegations and proven facts against Johnson during his public life, groping a woman's thigh is not going to turn his apologists and supporters against him is it?

One thing I'm in agreement with Donald Trump on is his contention that “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,”. For reasons I cannot begin to understand, some people on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean are prepared to believe anything a compulsive liar tells them and it's getting to the stage that the same thing is happening here.

I've remarked on here recently that it's quite amusing to see the knots ardent Leavers have had to tie themselves up in over the last few months as they try to defend the indefensible and, in the time since Johnson became PM, this has extended to those who still support the Conservative Party. Time was that the Conservative party conference offered an easy target for satirists who wanted to portray them as "the hang em/flog em" brigade when it came to, say, stealing bags of crisps, now they have to excuse all sorts of dodgy behaviour because they believe the man responsible is going to get them their Brexit.

My politics are completely different to Trump and Johnson's but my loathing of them has little really to do with that, it's entirely down to the sort of men they are. To illustrate what I mean, just look what Johnson's brother and sister have said and done about him in recent weeks - I know it's said that Brexit has divided families, but come on!

Just look what Max Hastings, his one time boss at the Daily Telegraph and hardly a Corbyn type red, had to say about Johnson;-

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-party-britain

In these times especially, there is a lot of turning arguments on their head and saying "ah yes, but the other lot would be just as bad or worse" (I quite often do it myself), but I don't think that is true in this particular instance. If Jeremy Corbyn was accused of groping a female journalist, then I think that would have serious implications for him as far as the degree of support he had in his party went - on the contrary, it seems the Conservatives are happy to back Johnson on this no matter what.

So many of those willing to give their wholehearted support to Johnson are of an age where they may not be around in twenty years time, but, if they are, and they look themselves in the mirror in 2039 and are absolutely honest with themselves, they may not regard what they did in 2019 as their finest hour.QUOTE]

Just a small alteration as it will be in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Once when I was coming out of the grange-end, some pervert grabbed me from behind and forced his hand up between my legs. I can’t remember what game it was or what date it was but it happened. I’ve never forgotten it, it was scary, painful and distressing. I was young, I did not report it or tell anyone at the time.

I could give you numerous occasions when men have touched me inappropriately over the years, I could tell you some of their names but I can’t remember the year it happened.

When you are a young woman, and a man touches you inappropriately it’s very difficult to speak out about it.

I have no doubt he did it, he has form.
    Only people of a certain age gets this thats why Saville and others got away with it for so long.Even someone like Janet Street Porter knew about Saville yet was too afraid to speak out because amongst other things knew it would have been the end of her career.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let's face it, given the number of allegations and proven facts against Johnson during his public life, groping a woman's thigh is not going to turn his apologists and supporters against him is it?

One thing I'm in agreement with Donald Trump on is his contention that “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,”. For reasons I cannot begin to understand, some people on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean are prepared to believe anything a compulsive liar tells them and it's getting to the stage that the same thing is happening here.

I've remarked on here recently that it's quite amusing to see the knots ardent Leavers have had to tie themselves up in over the last few months as they try to defend the indefensible and, in the time since Johnson became PM, this has extended to those who still support the Conservative Party. Time was that the Conservative party conference offered an easy target for satirists who wanted to portray them as "the hang em/flog em" brigade when it came to, say, stealing bags of crisps, now they have to excuse all sorts of dodgy behaviour because they believe the man responsible is going to get them their Brexit.

My politics are completely different to Trump and Johnson's but my loathing of them has little really to do with that, it's entirely down to the sort of men they are. To illustrate what I mean, just look what Johnson's brother and sister have said and done about him in recent weeks - I know it's said that Brexit has divided families, but come on!

Just look what Max Hastings, his one time boss at the Daily Telegraph and hardly a Corbyn type red, had to say about Johnson;-

In these times especially, there is a lot of turning arguments on their head and saying "ah yes, but the other lot would be just as bad or worse" (I quite often do it myself), but I don't think that is true in this particular instance. If Jeremy Corbyn was accused of groping a female journalist, then I think that would have serious implications for him as far as the degree of support he had in his party went - on the contrary, it seems the Conservatives are happy to back Johnson on this no matter what.

So many of those willing to give their wholehearted support to Johnson are of an age where they may not be around in twenty years time, but, if they are, and they look themselves in the mirror in 2039 and are absolutely honest with themselves, they will not regard what they did in 2019 as their finest hour.
    Wish I’d wrote this 👏👏
    I may not agree politically with the Tories and Republicans but at least with some of their previous leaders I respected them.

Those two sadly seem to be able to get away with anything due to a perceived victimhood from alt righters that crass boorish behaviour is actually freedom of speech.

Great post Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Once when I was coming out of the grange-end, some pervert grabbed me from behind and forced his hand up between my legs. I can’t remember what game it was or what date it was but it happened. I’ve never forgotten it, it was scary, painful and distressing. I was young, I did not report it or tell anyone at the time.

I could give you numerous occasions when men have touched me inappropriately over the years, I could tell you some of their names but I can’t remember the year it happened.

When you are a young woman, and a man touches you inappropriately it’s very difficult to speak out about it.

I have no doubt he did it, he has form.
    My wife has experienced the same thing, whether out with friends and once when she was with me. It's a disgrace that some men think that they can do this to women, it's threatening and abusive, well done on speaking up about it. I don't think that it's gone away, some men can't be educated.

ffs Some of you need to get out the stone age.
    Things have moved on geezers.
    Its not ok to shout sexual abuse at woman/men from your scaffold. Its not ok to think that a woman or man wants you to touch them.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Just to understand what you are saying as you seem to have moved on from "it happened a long time and why now"?

You speculate that the person who says she was groped by the current Prime Minister kept it quiet for twenty years because she actually liked the attention??

I wouldn't rule anything out.

I'd prefer not to believe the word of anyone who is making unsubstantiated claims about an event that allegedly occurred 20 or so years ago.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Just to understand what you are saying as you seem to have moved on from "it happened a long time and why now"?

You speculate that the person who says she was groped by the current Prime Minister kept it quiet for twenty years because she actually liked the attention??
    If this event came to court I would imagine Boris's defence lawyer would investigate all possible scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I'd prefer not to believe the word of anyone who is making unsubstantiated claims about an event that allegedly occurred 20 or so years ago.
    I’d prefer not to believe the word of anyone who travels around the country on a big red bus with a massive lie written on the side of it while attempting to deceive the public, but each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I’d prefer not to believe the word of anyone who travels around the country on a big red bus with a massive lie written on the side of it while attempting to deceive the public, but each to their own.
    Unbelievably some planks on another forum yesterday despite the picture evidence were trying to argue that the slogan wasnt actually saying 350m was going to the NHS.!!!!

This was with Boris standing in front of it..

Let's face it, given the number of allegations and proven facts against Johnson during his public life, groping a woman's thigh is not going to turn his apologists and supporters against him is it?

So many of those willing to give their wholehearted support to Johnson are of an age where they may not be around in twenty years time, but, if they are, and they look themselves in the mirror in 2039 and are absolutely honest with themselves, they will not regard what they did in 2019 as their finest hour.
    Corbyn may not have been accused of ‘groping a female journalist’ as you put it (unproven allegation anyway) over 20 years ago but there is plenty of actual evidence that he has supported terrorist groups in the past who have killed thousands of innocent people and also plenty of evidence that the party he leads is anti-semitic. These issues are conveniently glossed over by his supporters and accepted by his MP’s but I know which ones I think are the more serious and have greater implications over his suitability to lead his party, let alone the country. Johnson is just trying to implement the result of the referendum, as his party promised they would. Pity the other parties don't actually live up the same promises to the electorate they made in 2016 and 2017. Now that was telling lies to get votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    I wouldn't rule anything out.

Especially as it might serve a political narrative .

Back in the day I' I' ve seen worse than this of course its not right in this modern age of behaviours, I may have perhaps been involved in a risky peck on the cheek , or a hug that was too long ,even a slight touch on the opposite sex arm or leg in a night out enviromentwith way too mant beers involved , it was probaly a silly niave attempt to seek a positive reaction from the young lady , would I do it now knowing the vulnerability it can cause no , did I realise the impact at the time nope .

He touched her thigh ,nothing happened afterwards, lets move on , unless this also serves your personal political agenda as well as hers ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Corbyn may not have been accused of ‘groping a female journalist’ as you put it (unproven allegation anyway) over 20 years ago but there is plenty of actual evidence that he has supported terrorist groups in the past who have killed thousands of innocent people and also plenty of evidence that the party he leads is anti-semitic. These issues are conveniently glossed over by his supporters and accepted by his MP’s but I know which ones I think are the more serious and have greater implications over his suitability to lead his party, let alone the country. Johnson is just trying to implement the result of the referendum, as his party promised they would. Pity the other parties don't actually live up the same promises to the electorate they made in 2016 and 2017. Now that was telling lies to get votes.
    And the award for completely missing my point goes to....................

If Corbyn was accused of the same thing Johnson has, he would be getting a much rougher ride from his party members and supporters than the PM is - that's more of a comment on one of the differences between Labour and Conservative voters than on the two men involved.

You've proved there what I mean about Tory voters having to tie themselves up in knots to accommodate Johnson and Brexit. Yesterday there were speeches to "the law and order" party about increasing prison populations and keeping offenders in gaol longer while, at the same time, a blind eye is turned to the dubious behaviour of their leader.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Back in the day I' I' ve seen worse than this of course its not right in this modern age of behaviours, I may have perhaps been involved in a risky peck on the cheek , or a hug that was too long ,even a slight touch on the opposite sex arm or leg in a night out enviromentwith way too mant beers involved , it was probaly a silly niave attempt to seek a positive reaction from the young lady , would I do it now knowing the vulnerability it can cause no , did I realise the impact at the time nope .

He touched her thigh ,nothing happened afterwards, lets move on , unless this also serves your personal political agenda as well as hers ?
    It was hardly ‘back in the day’ was it in 1999?

I was 24 at the time, a single man who was interested in the opposite sex and was lucky enough to be a team manager of a team full of young women, a lot of whom where single too.

I knew that putting my hand on their thigh though was totally out of order. I may have been an archetypal 90s lad but I wasn’t some deviant like your beloved PM is.

Based on his sleazy behaviour I’ve no doubt he’s guilty of this. All your back in the day nonsense I’ve seen worse rhetoric to defend an immoral arsehole is laughable just because you back him and his party.

I’ve said the last line as let’s calls facts facts as you’re the first to defend him and his party on every thread.

If Corbyn was accused of the same thing Johnson has, he would be getting a much rougher ride from his party members and supporters than the PM is - that's more of a comment on one of the differences between Labour and Conservative voters than on the two men involved.

You've proved there what I mean about Tory voters having to tie themselves up in knots to accommodate Johnson and Brexit. Yesterday there were speeches to "the law and order" party about increasing prison populations and keeping offenders in gaol longer while, at the same time, a blind eye is turned to the dubious behaviour of their leader.
    There is a tacit acceptance that posh sounding rich men can and do take whatever they want, it almost feels like it's a celebrated piece of British culture. No one is surprised that Johnson is a pig with wandering hands and quite a sizable proportion appear to love him more for it.

Consecutive leaders of the opposition have been systematically destroyed by way of dredging up every minor detail of their past and twisting it to suit an agenda. Nobody cared then, the press take one warning shot at Johnson and ccmb goes into meltdown.

Agree that stuff like this is water off a ducks back for Boris in a way that it wouldn't be for others. He's built the persona of a scruffy loveable rogue who does silly things like have affairs; lose count of his children; lie (a lot); rugby tackle in charity football games; sexism. If his supporters are unfazed by his appalling behaviour, complete self-interest and lack of morals then more evidence that he is a sleazebag is hardly going to derail his shit-train of a government. That he's not resigned or been forced to after lying to the head of state makes me wonder just what it would take for him to realise that he's not fit to lead the country. But then look at the Twitter reaction to the supreme court decision - for the vast majority of his supporters it seemed to strengthen their belief that Boris was the good guy taking on the undemocratic machine hell-bent on preventing Brexit. Boris has tested (and exceeded) the limits of our Constitution since becoming PM and he clearly doesn't believe in the separation of powers that are a vital part of a democracy- he and his followers scream democracy until it goes against them.

I'm not really sure how we've ended up with a clown as a PM. His own family think he's doing a terrible job. Party politics aside I cannot fathom why he is still so popular.

Well done for proving I’d point mate. Nothing worse than a welsh Tory, you make me sick.

Yes indeed , and as some have put it in the case of Boris its about leadership responsibility ,that leadership responsibility has to extend to every politician and leader .

I am no fan of Boris, but is seems to me there is some looking the other way ,when it comes to some of the behaviors of Corbyn and his nasty hit squad , just look at some of the commentary coming out of the moderates, and how they are being treated Watson is astonishing .

Think there is some moral narcissism going on .

The usual teapot in search of a black kettle

Yes indeed , and as some have put it in the case of Boris its about leadership responsibility ,that leadership responsibility has to extend to every politician and leader .

I am no fan of Boris, but is seems to me there is some looking the other way ,when it comes to some of the behaviors of Corbyn and his nasty hit squad , just look at some of the commentary coming out of the moderates, and how they are being treated Watson is astonishing .

You are so predictable.

But who in here has said they support Corbyn or Labour? Does criticising Boris mean they are fans of Corbyn?

I am no fan of Boris, but

Not long ago I heard a phrase ‘everything before the word ‘but’ is bullshit

Couldn’t ring more true here.

The behaviour you describe was not acceptable at all in 1999.

Yet again, life on Mars, who complains about political point scoring, comes in trying to score political points.

The conversation is about Boris' behaviour.