+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: City to appeal FIFA's Sala ruling...

Re: City to appeal FIFA's Sala ruling...

Quote Originally Posted by Bothroyd's Diving Coach View Post
    I cannot believe the sheer ignorance. What has it got to do with taking a moral high ground? To think having that point of view is anything to do with trying to be seen as an all mighty, morally sound bloke to everybody on a message board is lunacy!

The scenario is unfortunately a young man near enough my age has sadly lost his life on the way to start his first training session at CCFC. To not even have a shred of empathy for the lads family who have to deal with this being brought back up in the media again and again is ignorant. This should not have played out like this and should have been resolved in private.
    Why should it be resolved in private? There are victims of crime up and down the land who have to stand up to scrutiny in court and through the media, as horrifying as this situation is, why should it be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The tragedy is the young man's death. It's not like a foreseeable contract dispute can make it any worse. It's possible to empathize with the man's family without all the faux outrage about two football clubs squabbling about money.
    A lot of people are compelled to engage in moral outrage, as it makes them feel good about themselves, and it is not just confined to events of a tragic nature. You will find this type of behaviour in many environments, especially on topics such as politics and the weather, etc. Many people aren't even aware that they are doing it, as it happens at the subconscious level and is brought about by social conditioning. The media play a big part in it, as they like nothing more than telling people how to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The legal process does not take personal feelings into account. It is the duty of a lawyer to apply the rule of law on behalf of their client. As mentioned above this dispute has nothing to do with the family, it is a contract law case between two football clubs.
    I have never disputed the fact that they are separate. Neither am I disputing the fact that the family have any bearing on the legality of the case. What I am saying however is that this could have and should have been resolved between the clubs a long time ago. Whether the family have anything to do with the outcome does not change the fact it is them being forced to live through this nightmare everyday.

This whole 'faux outrage' perception truly baffles me. Apologies for reacting in a way with enough empathy to be able to understand how I would feel if it were a close family member of my own.

I 'understand' the fact that we do not have £15 million to just give away over an 'asset' that we unfortunately never got to see a return on. That doesn't change the fact that it could've been handled in a better way (by all parties involved not just the City).

I have never disputed the fact that they are separate. Neither am I disputing the fact that the family have any bearing on the legality of the case. What I am saying however is that this could have and should have been resolved between the clubs a long time ago. Whether the family have anything to do with the outcome does not change the fact it is them being forced to live through this nightmare everyday.
    It is being resolved through the legal process, and these things take time. They had to wait for the air accident investigators to finish their report, along with any police inquiries that would have determined culpability. There are also insurance companies involved, plus 3rd parties such as the plane owner, Henderson and McKay, etc. There was never going to be a quick conclusion to all of this. Regarding the family themselves, I'd imagine they would be more interested in finding out about the cause of the accident, and who was responsible for the tragic events that took place.

A lot of people are compelled to engage in moral outrage, as it makes them feel good about themselves, and it is not just confined to events of a tragic nature. You will find this type of behaviour in many environments, especially on topics such as politics and the weather, etc. Many people aren't even aware that they are doing it, as it happens at the subconscious level and is brought about by social conditioning. The media play a big part in it, as they like nothing more than telling people how to think.
    I don't think that there is any Moral Outrage in this thread, just compassion for Sala's family, which is fine by me. Moral outrage usually has nothing to do with the subject matter and more to do with attacking the person who has a different view point, it's usually a distraction tactic. You talk about the media playing a big part in telling people how to think but is that really true? Are you saying that people need to challenge their own assumptions and biases? You seem very sure of what you believe, does the same apply to you?

I cannot believe the sheer ignorance. What has it got to do with taking a moral high ground? To think having that point of view is anything to do with trying to be seen as an all mighty, morally sound bloke to everybody on a message board is lunacy!

The scenario is unfortunately a young man near enough my age has sadly lost his life on the way to start his first training session at CCFC. To not even have a shred of empathy for the lads family who have to deal with this being brought back up in the media again and again is ignorant. This should not have played out like this and should have been resolved in private.
    I didn’t say anyone did it to look that way.

I said that’s how they come across to me.

Christ.

I see empathy in here not moral outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I see empathy in here not moral outrage.
    Challenging others for not having the same view is not empathy, and before you have a go at me, I feel great empathy for the family, and the man himself. From world of football, Emiliano Sala and Gary Speed will never be forgotten in my lifetime. They both had so much more to give.

Challenging others for not having the same view is not empathy, and before you have a go at me, I feel great empathy for the family, and the man himself. From world of football, Emiliano Sala and Gary Speed will never be forgotten in my lifetime. They both had so much more to give.
    What the **** are you talking about?!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    What the **** are you talking about?!
    Empathy is when you understand or feel what another person is experiencing, it's not berating another person for not feeling what you feel, that is moral outrage.

Can’t tne people involved just get together ave day sala was worth 15m Cardiff pay half £7.5m and move on, tne poor mans family

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    Can’t tne people involved just get together ave day sala was worth 15m Cardiff pay half £7.5m and move on, tne poor mans family
    The family are represented Hickman & Rose in the City of London, and are also involved in some form of ongoing litigation.

City should not pay a penny until all the facts are known about this whole sorry affair.

Is this what we meant when singing "we will never let you go"?

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Is this what we meant when singing "we will never let you go"?
    No. So if you sang it, you probably shouldn't have. Unless you're never going to let him go.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I imagine the club would be keen to do something for the family financially but to do so at any stage of this process prior to resolution of this issue might be deemed to be an admission of liability.
    What are you basing all of that on?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Reading between the lines my best guess is he was our player- ie we had bought him from Nantes- but he wasn’t yet registered to play for us.

They are different things. I’m sure Leicester bought a player late in the transfer window who they couldn’t play.
    Of course he was a Cardiff player. The club were saying as much on the eve of the tragic accident.

it's not berating another person for not feeling what you feel, that is moral outrage.
    That’s not happening in this thread though. You’re seeing something that isn’t there because that’s what the internet has made you believe what people think empathy is.

“Snowflakes” thinking they are being berated because someone disagrees with them is what really happens on the internet.

Maybe I’m over simplifying this, but if Cardiff City had signed on the dotted line before the tragedy, then he was our player, and the club should pay what ever is due to Nantes. If not, then Nantes aren’t due anything?

That’s not happening in this thread though. You’re seeing something that isn’t there because that’s what the internet has made you believe what people think empathy is.

“Snowflakes” thinking they are being berated because someone disagrees with them is what really happens on the internet.
    Quite ironically, you are the best example of that.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Quite ironically, you are the best example of that.
    The irony is through the roof with you mate

The irony is through the roof with you mate
    Calm down. Take a break. I’m getting worried for you and I don’t even know you.

This is a fine example of moral outrage. Thank you.

Calm down. Take a break. I’m getting worried for you and I don’t even know you.
    I'm glad to see you are showing some empathy towards one of our more troubled posters, good on you mate

Maybe I’m over simplifying this, but if Cardiff City had signed on the dotted line before the tragedy, then he was our player, and the club should pay what ever is due to Nantes. If not, then Nantes aren’t due anything?
    They signed on the dotted line, but the contract may have been invalid, hence the legal dispute.