+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rip Peter Sissons

Rip Peter Sissons

Died on Tuesday

Re: Rip Peter Sissons

Went to school with John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison apparently. I never knew Lennon and McCartney were in school together.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Died on Tuesday
    nice bloke, god bless.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Went to school with John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison apparently. I never knew Lennon and McCartney were in school together.
    Lennon and McCartney first met in a church fete in 1957.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Lennon and McCartney first met in a church fete in 1957.
    Heard a great story about John Lennon on the radio the other day.
    A woman was saying that many yrs ago, the Beatles were playing in a Theatre somewhere down south, and her Dad worked there as the handy man. He had to take something to their changing rooms, and the 4 of them were all watching a coloured TV.
    Her dad mentioned it was the 1st time he’d seen a coloured TV. Lennon told him to come back after the show, and when he did, John gave him the TV and told him to take it home for his family. What a guy!
    Anyway, RIP Peter. Another part of my youth sadly gone.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    A woman was saying that many yrs ago, the Beatles were playing in a Theatre somewhere down south, and her Dad worked there as the handy man. He had to take something to their changing rooms, and the 4 of them were all watching a coloured TV.
    Her dad mentioned it was the 1st time he’d seen a coloured TV. Lennon told him to come back after the show, and when he did, John gave him the TV and told him to take it home for his family. What a guy!
    The Beatles last UK concert was on the 12th December in Cardiff, which was before the first colour TV broadcast!

RIP Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    The Beatles last UK concert was on the 12th December in Cardiff, which was before the first colour TV broadcast!

RIP Peter.
    Incorrect. Their last UK concert was at Empire Pool Wembley.

Incorrect. Their last UK concert was at Empire Pool Wembley.
    Still no colour TV then mate

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    nice bloke, god bless.
    My favourite news presenter, never met him but he seemed like a very decent fella.

Ignore my post
    Last edited by fugsyphil; 02-10-19 at 22:10. Reason: Read initial post wrong so my response isn't accurate

I can still remember the night we got our first color TV. A family member delivered it. It was a Monday night and "Alias Smith and Jones" was on.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can still remember the night we got our first color TV. A family member delivered it. It was a Monday night and "Alias Smith and Jones" was on.
    Used to love Alias Smith & Jones.
    Real sad story about Pete Duel.
    It was never true same after they replaced him.