+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qpr message board

Qpr message board

Re: Qpr message board

"Horrible horrible club. We all worship Sir Neil and he shouldn't be at such a club."

"Hey Gareth, you are probably one of the few decent Cardiff fans most of us have come across."

"Cardiff are so bad, a draw would feel like a loss."

"I’m actually really p.issed off because Cardiff are W.ank"

Its good to be back

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    "Horrible horrible club. We all worship Sir Neil and he shouldn't be at such a club."

"Hey Gareth, you are probably one of the few decent Cardiff fans most of us have come across."

"Cardiff are so bad, a draw would feel like a loss."

"I’m actually really p.issed off because Cardiff are W.ank"

Its good to be back

And those were just the friendly comments!

I'll never tire of opposing fans looking at their possession stats against us; then look at our goals scored stats against them; scratch their heads in confusion as they struggle to understand that possession does not equal goals does not equal points.

"Weird game. Supposedly Cardiff are amongst the promotion favourites. Play like that and we would beat them 7 times out of 10- if of course you ignore the shambolic first two goals"

Unfortunately for this poster, in football goals are rather important

Warnock out.

It’s like the bloke who buys a girl her drinks all night, dances with her all night but she goes home with the bloke she fancies. You can do your best, flatter her etc but the best fella will win, QPR flattered to deceive.

3 goals to nil. 7 games unbeaten. Certain players improving game by game. Bamba to come back after the international break. Things aren't perfect but I'm content where we are after 10 games and confident that we will only get better with the know-how we have.

Better that than being a QPR fan having to travel home after seeing a team with 78% possession lose 3-0.

I actually thought they were pretty good, and we were lucky. They passed it well, but with purpose.
    Mistake playing Hughill who was snuffed our by our twin lighthouses, but they gave us the run around until it got to him.
    They’ve got a couple of very good players there. Defensively they were shite though, we could have scored a couple more and dominated the ball in the air.

We were also odds on to win that brawl at the end 😂

If both sides had taken the chances presented then it would have finished 4-4. From about 70 minutes onwards I was extremely confident that City would win because QPR's finishing gave the impression that they didn't want any points.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    If both sides had taken the chances presented then it would have finished 4-4. From about 70 minutes onwards I was extremely confident that City would win because QPR's finishing gave the impression that they didn't want any points.
    In fairness, there was some really good last-ditch defending from City.

[QUOTE=Lawnmower;5009385]I actually thought they were pretty good, and we were lucky. They passed it well, but with purpose.
    Mistake playing Hughill who was snuffed our by our twin lighthouses, but they gave us the run around until it got to him.
    They’ve got a couple of very good players there. Defensively they were shite though, we could have scored a couple more and dominated the ball in the air.

We were also odds on to win that brawl at the end ��[/QUOTE
    There’s more than one way to skin a cat Tim, and we skinned them. It’s annoying me a bit now, the criticism we’re getting over possession percentages etc, a 3-0 win against a team who were one of the early front runners in the division will do me. Analysts & pundits in the past used to drool over sides who soaked up pressure yet clinically took their few chances to put a game to bed, I’d rather be a City fan tonight than a fan of the wonderful passing yet toothless outfit QPR were tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s like the bloke who buys a girl her drinks all night, dances with her all night but she goes home with the bloke she fancies. You can do your best, flatter her etc but the best fella will win, QPR flattered to deceive.
    Swiss Tony..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Swiss Tony..

Even with 2 minutes to go QPR were passing the ball around their 18 yard box 3 or 4 times before playing it out. Someone near me shouted "That'll push your possession stats up Warburton"

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Even with 2 minutes to go QPR were passing the ball around their 18 yard box 3 or 4 times before playing it out. Someone near me shouted "That'll push your possession stats up Warburton"
    It’s getting obscene, maybe the players think it makes them look like Barcelona if they pass it about? Neil must love it, I can almost here him saying let them get on with it, wait until they try and come through us......do they break down the possession stats into sections of the pitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I actually thought they were pretty good, and we were lucky. They passed it well, but with NOpurpose.

We were also odds on to win that brawl at the end ��
    Fixed your post

I actually thought they were pretty good, and we were lucky. They passed it well, but with purpose.

We were also odds on to win that brawl at the end ��
    Totally agree,they posed little direct shot on goals ,you could argue the hitting of the posts were shots just going wide ,they did hve possession but not what I call damaging possession.

And we will win a fist fight against anyone.

Can’t be many instances where the opposing team’s MB don’t have too many complaints yet ours has people falling over themselves to praise a mediocre QPR performance. Funny old game.

They were very poor & clueless. Very similar to Luton. Sideways, sideways, back, sideways, back. 78% possession. 60% in their own half, 18% in the attacking half. Move on!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Totally agree,they posed little direct shot on goals ,you could argue the hitting of the posts were shots just going wide ,they did hve possession but not what I call damaging possession.

And we will win a fist fight against anyone.
    Positive that Smithies saved the 2nd one that hit the post (My boy thinks I'm imagining things though). Other than that I agree with everything else.

I hate all this possession talk crap. The aim of the game is to win, to win you need to score goals (more than your opponent obviously), to score goals you need to have attempts at goal. We do that. We were up the top end of the shots at goal stats a couple of games ago by playing direct football.

Would people be direct and more shots on goal or 70% possession (50% in your own half) and less shots at goal. We haven't been critical in terms of scoring from a lot of shots, so our 'goals for' would be less than we have now.

Saying that I would like to see Flint/Morrison bring a ball down once in a while, they persist to head or lump forward any ball in the air, whether being pressured or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    They were very poor & clueless. Very similar to Luton. Sideways, sideways, back, sideways, back. 78% possession. 60% in their own half, 18% in the attacking half. Move on!
    I disagree that they were very poor. They passed well, had good movement and opened us up far too easily at times. They hit the post twice and I liked the look of their number 10 (Eze). They just weren't streetwise enough.

We were also odds on to win that brawl at the end 😂
    I agree with that.

They got behind us more often then not down the wing with their play. If it wasn't on they'd come back inside and start again. They found so much space in middle and whilst not always a direct threat once you start turning teams like that it'll open up more often than not. On another day it could have been us losing 3-0 or we could have had one or two more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I disagree that they were very poor. They passed well, had good movement and opened us up far too easily at times. They hit the post twice and I liked the look of their number 10 (Eze). They just weren't streetwise enough.
    Agreed about their no 10. But you can pass and twist and turn to your hearts content...no end product. Cheerio QPR fans. A good 3 points.