+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, that was weird!

Re: Well, that was weird!

I've read a lot of them although I haven't necessarily posted. They usually give their teams a LOT of support even when things aren't going well.
    It's obvious though that a supporters forum usually contains supporters

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We played 4-3-3 at Hull and had over 50% possession. Yesterday we reverted to 4-2-3-1 because Ralls was injured and had less than 30% possession. I don't think it's entirely coincidental.
    Missed Ralls with and without the ball yesterday.

I actually thought Bacuna was poor, but partly because Ralls wasn’t there constantly looking for the pass off him

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How so? TOBW merely points out that despite barely having the ball, City somehow won 3-0.
    It’s a widely held summation of the game and it’s his opinion that it wasn’t entertaining to watch.
    You have no right to infer that people such as him are somehow not behind the team and are not entitled to criticise.
    Not all of us are Warnock lemmings!
    I've got Ronnie Bird on ignore, but I read his message when you quoted it. Perhaps someone could tell him that I will not be able to do any work today on the Cardiff City book I'm writing as a follow up to the one I co wrote six years ago because I will be going down to Cardiff to watch the City's under 18s play Charlton (kick off 12.30 if anyone else is interested). It will be the fifth out of six home games for the Under 18s and Under 23s I've attended this season and my report on it will be on the Cardiff City blog I've been producing for the last ten years for anyone to read if they want to. I've just checked and there is a little bit of work I need to do in my purely voluntary role of joint membership secretary of the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust in their office at the Stadium which I'll get done before the game - just imagine what Cardiff City related stuff I'd be doing if I didn't hate them so much!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    And yet both England and Wales currently have squads filled with talented young footballers who are very comfortable on the ball. As I said previously, there's clearly a balance. The current system no doubt has its flaws, but it's producing some excellent players, so it's obviously not a complete waste of time.
    And Wales are far worse than they were a couple of years back when they didn’t have these ‘talented youngsters’ but workers like Edwards , Gunter and Ledley

Lawrence is a fraud for a start. Odd spectacular goal, but gets knocked off the ball like a 9-year old.

The basics of football is about knowing what to do without it as well as the pretty stuff and it seems to me this is being ignored by a lot of modern coaches

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I've read a lot of them although I haven't necessarily posted. They usually give their teams a LOT of support even when things aren't going well.
    It's obvious though that a supporters forum usually contains supporters
    I very often go on other club’s forums pre & post matches and I’ve very often read posts that have slaughtered their respective teams, forums tend to have a mix and match of all sorts, this one is no different.

Ignore him bob he’s logging into his second account to criticise because he’s too much of a snowflake to do it with his normal account.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This season the loans have tended to involve players who are still available for the Academy side going out to League of Wales sides and I think that is definitely better for the players concerned than playing for the under 23s. Goalkeeper George Ratcliffe is getting rave reviews at Barry who, every time I look, seem to be winning 1-0 and many of the older members of last season's league winning side appear to be playing every week in a league where the standard among the top sides is pretty high I reckon- I saw a video of Dan Griffiths scoring a good goal for Pen y Bont on here recently and Sion Spence was involved in the creation of a fine goal for Barry.

It'll be interesting to see what the club see as the next step for these players when they return. In the case of someone like Ratcliffe, I don't see why he couldn't become third choice at the club if one of our three senior keepers was to leave.
    I think the Ratcliffe loan is maybe an example where it might work, he’s getting plenty of practice st Barry in front of decent crowds and performing superbly, whilst being able to go home to his family every night.

Might be different for outfield players.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Ignore him bob he’s logging into his second account to criticise because he’s too much of a snowflake to do it with his normal account.
    I stopped posting for a while because of stuff like this.
    Let's stop being polite since we're talking about your little bullying clique driving people away from here and - if you had your way - the club. Also I've been polite and you don't understand it.

You are a liar, a coward and a troll. Address people's posts and don't try and marginalise them personally with your lies and dishonest tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm sure Neil Warnock said a few weeks back that Ciaron Brown is now seen as the left back cover in the squad. It was when he was asked about Brown's debut for Northern Ireland.

He may turn out to be a star, but for now a player just out of the u23s who spent most of the last few years as a centre back is the cover and challenge to Joe Bennett. That doesn't shout squad depth!
    But isn't that the closest thing we have to Warnock bringing in youth players? We have a full international at LB cover and a player reportedly scouted by Man City at RB cover which is usually a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But isn't that the closest thing we have to Warnock bringing in youth players? We have a full international at LB cover and a player reportedly scouted by Man City at RB cover which is usually a good sign.
    I'm all for the club bringing through younger players from the u23s, and I was pleased to see Coxe on the bench against QPR (even if that was more to do with meeting the home-grown rule). But none of the 4 younger players who were involved in the North American pre-season have been eased into the team. There were chances last season to give a few some game time, and Coxe could have been brought on last time out when we were 3 up.

Despite what Neil Warnock said about Ciaron Brown we are likely to see Curtis Nelson as the sole defensive cover in the matchday squad once Ralls is back - with Coxe, Brown, Bolger, Waite or others kicking around in the u23s, maybe getting the odd friendly against a Welsh league team, and hoping for a few games when the FA Cup starts. Unless there are injuries or a ban for Bennett or Peltier (sadly Jazz is always likely to be injured), in which case maybe there will be a chance for one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    This season the loans have tended to involve players who are still available for the Academy side going out to League of Wales sides and I think that is definitely better for the players concerned than playing for the under 23s. Goalkeeper George Ratcliffe is getting rave reviews at Barry who, every time I look, seem to be winning 1-0 and many of the older members of last season's league winning side appear to be playing every week in a league where the standard among the top sides is pretty high I reckon- I saw a video of Dan Griffiths scoring a good goal for Pen y Bont on here recently and Sion Spence was involved in the creation of a fine goal for Barry.

It'll be interesting to see what the club see as the next step for these players when they return. In the case of someone like Ratcliffe, I don't see why he couldn't become third choice at the club if one of our three senior keepers was to leave.
    Four senior keepers!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I think the Ratcliffe loan is maybe an example where it might work, he’s getting plenty of practice st Barry in front of decent crowds and performing superbly, whilst being able to go home to his family every night.

Might be different for outfield players.
    Why? Aren't outfield players allowed to go home to their families at night? (sorry, only messing!)