+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Well, that was weird!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Well, that was weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Cunningham should never have been allowed to go on loan, last night he could have played and given Joe a rest
    I'm sure Neil Warnock said a few weeks back that Ciaron Brown is now seen as the left back cover in the squad. It was when he was asked about Brown's debut for Northern Ireland.

He may turn out to be a star, but for now a player just out of the u23s who spent most of the last few years as a centre back is the cover and challenge to Joe Bennett. That doesn't shout squad depth!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm sure Neil Warnock said a few weeks back that Ciaron Brown is now seen as the left back cover in the squad. It was when he was asked about Brown's debut for Northern Ireland.

He may turn out to be a star, but for now a player just out of the u23s who spent most of the last few years as a centre back is the cover and challenge to Joe Bennett. That doesn't shout squad depth!
    But isn't that the closest thing we have to Warnock bringing in youth players? We have a full international at LB cover and a player reportedly scouted by Man City at RB cover which is usually a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    But isn't that the closest thing we have to Warnock bringing in youth players? We have a full international at LB cover and a player reportedly scouted by Man City at RB cover which is usually a good sign.
    I'm all for the club bringing through younger players from the u23s, and I was pleased to see Coxe on the bench against QPR (even if that was more to do with meeting the home-grown rule). But none of the 4 younger players who were involved in the North American pre-season have been eased into the team. There were chances last season to give a few some game time, and Coxe could have been brought on last time out when we were 3 up.

Despite what Neil Warnock said about Ciaron Brown we are likely to see Curtis Nelson as the sole defensive cover in the matchday squad once Ralls is back - with Coxe, Brown, Bolger, Waite or others kicking around in the u23s, maybe getting the odd friendly against a Welsh league team, and hoping for a few games when the FA Cup starts. Unless there are injuries or a ban for Bennett or Peltier (sadly Jazz is always likely to be injured), in which case maybe there will be a chance for one of them.