+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: WEST BROM 4 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: WEST BROMWICH ALBION v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Danny Danny ward
    Danny Danny ward
    3-1

Murphy on for Whyte...who has done nothing... HA! Zohore on for Austin...

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Feel sorry for anyone who’s travelled
    My mates seem to be loving their day out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The goals column just might
    Yeah well they might.
    Buit after the last game no one wanted to talk about the goals only the stats, and these stats are far better.
    On paper.....................and that's all stats are.

3-2

Danny Ward again.

C'mon City

Fair play what a second half

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Yeah well they might.
    Buit after the last game no one wanted to talk about the goals only the stats, and these stats are far better.
    On paper.....................and that's all stats are.
    Agree.
    3-2 now, reinforces it
    *Correction ward

Come on just 1 more please

As an aside

Stoke just gone 2-1 up in the 90th min at the Liberty.

Game started top v bottom.

4-2 bollox

F*ck

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    4-2 bollox
    Sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    My mates seem to be loving their day out.
    Yeah, football rarely ruins an away day, maybe Rudy should try it sometime instead of making the away trip a modern daycrusafe

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I am watching the match on Ifollow, team and tactics were all spot on, they just have better players than us. not much can be done to be fair
    hat could be done is make much be wetter use of the big budget, by our standards, that Neil Warnock was given this summer - it sounds like we were being taken apart by a team of footballers (including one we practically gave away). We go into every away game we play, and quite a few of our home ones, with the mentality of a little club facing a "giant" in a cup tie and the majority of our summer signings reflect this - we've reached a stage now where we should be better than that.

Re: FT: WEST BROM 4 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Yeah, football rarely ruins an away day, maybe Rudy should try it sometime instead of making the away trip a modern daycrusafe
    I’ve done hundreds of away games including Preston 6 Cardiff 1 and I know it doesn’t ruin the day, but it’s still not great is it. All I said was I felt sorry for people watching a shit first half

No big deal losing by 2 goals to a team at the top of the league, but somehow things dont feel right. Away form is awful, we look off the pace with quicker more skilfully players running rings round us.
    I think to some extent we have been found out and it looks to me if Warnock's buys in the summer are not proving great value.
    Our defence is vulnerable, Flint and Morrie arguably too similar, midfield looking better but up top Glaxo is hardly pulling up trees.
    We are relying on our home form but it just needs a couple of bad results and any hope of the playoffs will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    hat could be done is make much be wetter use of the big budget, by our standards, that Neil Warnock was given this summer - it sounds like we were being taken apart by a team of footballers (including one we practically gave away). We go into every away game we play, and quite a few of our home ones, with the mentality of a little club facing a "giant" in a cup tie and the majority of our summer signings reflect this - we've reached a stage now where we should be better than that.
    Which one of our footballers did we ‘practically give away’ then ? I hope you are not referring to Zohore. He was on the pitch for 10 mins today, did nothing and is not exactly setting the place on fire or Mr Popular at West Brom is he. Nor did he here, apart from a six month period two years ago. We were lucky to get £8m for him and made about £7.5m profit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, I thought with a year of Premier league money (and we spent cautiously that summer) and parachute payments for the next couple of years we could have invested a bit more in some quality. Our best signing this summer seems to have come in the final hour of the transfer window. It seems we’re just always hoping to ‘get by’. As a side issue, does anyone know if we are paying any of Bobby Reid’s wages or was that money freed up when he left us on loan. A deal that should have been wrapped up sooner in the window to allow us time to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Which one of our footballers did we ‘practically give away’ then ? I hope you are not referring to Zohore. He was on the pitch for 10 mins today, did nothing and is not exactly setting the place on fire or Mr Popular at West Brom is he. Nor did he here, apart from a six month period two years ago. We were lucky to get £8m for him and made about £7.5m profit.
    Kadeem

Ajayi.

Semi Ajayi surely.

Dont want to overreact but I cant help feeling that we treading water under Neil. I think we need a change.

Listened to the game and we sounded very second best ,and the Baggies may well go up automatically, , City though brought it back so credit there , Ward to start in next game perhaps along with Tomlin, Bamba and Etheridge ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No big deal losing by 2 goals to a team at the top of the league, but somehow things dont feel right. Away form is awful, we look off the pace with quicker more skilfully players running rings round us.
    I think to some extent we have been found out and it looks to me if Warnock's buys in the summer are not proving great value.
    Our defence is vulnerable, Flint and Morrie arguably too similar, midfield looking better but up top Glaxo is hardly pulling up trees.
    We are relying on our home form but it just needs a couple of bad results and any hope of the playoffs will be gone.
    It's no big deal losing by two away from home to the leaders of the Championship if you're Luton, Barnsley and one or two others, but we were the eleventh best supported team in the Premier League last season as we averaged 31,000 - we've played eleven matches and have we looked anything like a top six side in any of them? Sorry, but that's not good enough for the sort of club we were on the last day of the 18/19 season.