+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks

Will Vaulks

Just popped in here to see whether there was anything posted about Will Vaulks.
    He seems to have disappeared from match days and the bench. Is he injured or what. ?

Re: Will Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    He seems to have disappeared from match days and the bench. Is he injured or what. ?
    🤔

Another Warnock signing turned into a non-person ?

I’d be looking to get out in January if I were him. Especially if he’s fit and isn’t getting chances. It’ll be a waste all round if he doesn’t.

needs bulking up..lightweight.
    Whyte gets away with it because he's quick..WV isn't

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    The manager would have known this at the time of signing him though.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Obviously did well enough at Rotherham to get in the Welsh squad. His bulk can’t have been too much of an issue then. We’ve already got enough chunkers to more than compensate I’d say. I thought BCN put to bed the chunk debate with the likes of Iñesta, Xavi et al.

Not fancied I reckon.

It just doesn’t seem to happen for Welsh internationals under Warnock.

There is something going on. Not a happy bunny.
    https://twitter.com/WillVaulks/statu...823590400?s=19

Not the greatest signing during one of our worst summer transfer periods ever.

He seems to have fallen way down the pecking order since the debacle at Reading. He couldn't even get in the team when Bacuna arrived back late from international duty.

He’s a bit of a nothing player isn’t he. Has a long throw and can pop up with the odd goal but what else does he offer that Pack/Bacuna/Ralls can’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    He’s a bit of a nothing player isn’t he. Has a long throw and can pop up with the odd goal but what else does he offer that Pack/Bacuna/Ralls can’t?
    He scored a lot of goals for Rotherham, but another player that Warnock signed but doesn’t play!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He scored a lot of goals for Rotherham, but another player that Warnock signed but doesn’t play!
    It wont be Warnocks fault though.

If signing a player makes others step up then that's fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    There is something going on. Not a happy bunny.
    https://twitter.com/WillVaulks/statu...823590400?s=19
    Might be the hangover and not reading it properly but it says “clowns ON HERE” and “deleting this app soon”

Points to it being about comments made to him rather than not being picked. At least that’s how I read it.

He actually didn't. It looks like he did in his highlights video, but if you look at the stats he scored 13 in 125 appearances. He's only played 4 games for us so we can't expect much.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He actually didn't. It looks like he did in his highlights video, but if you look at the stats he scored 13 in 125 appearances. He's only played 4 games for us so we can't expect much.

On that basis Only a further 5.6 games to go before we can expect to see his first goal

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

You read my mind I had the same thought , he was deemed a good buy , a good player at Rotherham , positive fans feedback , Welsh prospect , other teams had scouted him , very strange .

I suppose it can take players a while to climatise , the problem with certain positions like midfield and however our stuttering start hasn't helped him , and probably put him back a bit , you have to be very experienced like Pack to come into a team in midfield and hit the ground running . Lets hope he gets his head down and we seem him evolve ?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    How can you judge? We've hardly seen him play. Unless of course you watched him regularly at Rotherham or Falkirk?

I'm surprised he hasn't been given a proper chance it seems by Warnock yet. I thought when we signed him he was going to slot straight into our team as we looked very short in CM over the summer.

Clearly he's not showing enough in training.

Reid £10 million..gone..as good as
    Murphy £10 million..fading onto the bench
    Madine £6 million..not wanted and can't get rid
    Tomlin £? million..only played him when there were a lot of injuries
    Vaulks £3 million (?)..not wanted
    Sala £15 million..we'll never know

Quote Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
    How can you judge? We've hardly seen him play. Unless of course you watched him regularly at Rotherham or Falkirk?

I'm surprised he hasn't been given a proper chance it seems by Warnock yet. I thought when we signed him he was going to slot straight into our team as we looked very short in CM over the summer.

Clearly he's not showing enough in training.
    No you’re right, but I’ve seen him for Wales and going off of Rotherham fans opinions on him I am a little confused why he’s even here.

As soon as I saw Pack play I knew exactly what he’d bring to the side, with Vaulks I struggle to see what he offers, not a defensive mid neither great creatively. Has his long throw which has to be the reason we were the only side who seemed interested in him

Warnock was asked about Vaulks and Madine at the end of the pre WBA press conference this morning.

He said both had been good in training (that tends to be a stock response) and both were frustrated not playing, but were behind others in the squad. He said he had tried to get Madine out on loan but the club couldn't find a suitable deal, and that Vaulks has been kept out of the squad because of Bacuna's performances.

There were a lot of culprits for the Reading debacle, but Will Vaulks had a mare and I suspect that like Omar Bogle with his red card against Bristol City 2 years ago he has put a major doubt in the manager's mind. There is a way back from that but it takes a lot of hard work and an exemplary attitude. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    He actually scored 8 goals for Rotherham last season, more than any of our Strikers!

He actually scored 8 goals for Rotherham last season, more than any of our Strikers!

...doubtful he would've scored 8 in the Premier though