+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our next manager?

Our next manager?

I'll start with another plug for the excellent Elis James Feast of Football podcast. In this episode

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07q0dl9

Elis discusses who'll be the next Wrexham manager with Danny Gabbidon and Iwan Roberts whose suggestion of Craig Bellamy was deemed to be not as daft as it might at first seem. Gabbs mentioned two impressive young coaches who he felt could be ready to step into management now. The first was ex Leeds and Leicester player Matthew Jones who works at Swansea's Academy and the other was James Rowberry who, apparently, is still working at City.

Rowberry was mentioned as a possible successor to Russell Slade three years ago

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-11322613

and you would think that if he was a candidate then, he would have to be one now given that the club are still employing him. On the face of it, he would tick a few boxes in that he has experience of working at the club's academy and also with the first team squad, so he may be better placed to oversee any gradual transition away from the type of football we now play.

Re: Our next manager?

Not enough of a dinosaur.

I cannot see City employing a manager with no senior experience unless that person was high profile, like Bellamy who was clearly in the frame until the bullying allegations. (Were they ever substantiated).

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Not enough of a dinosaur.
    With the players we have to be successful, it’s got to be a Big Sam or Tony Pullis otherwise we need try to sell most of our squad and buy at least 10 top Footballers?

Bamba and or Andy Legg

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    With the players we have to be successful, it’s got to be a Big Sam or Tony Pullis otherwise we need try to sell most of our squad and buy at least 10 top Footballers?
    I don't agree. We have plenty good enough players for this division, most or even all are capable of passing the football which is why they are at this level, most have played at a higher level.

Two or three key acquisitions and a good pre season for a new manager and we could play pretty much any style (not going to be man City level or Swansea but that takes time). Would we average 70 % possession? Probably not but I don't think we would need to be that possession orientated to please the fans and be successful.