+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: After much thought, I conclude that Glatzel is simply not up to it

Re: After much thought, I conclude that Glatzel is simply not up to it

In fairness to him I think he was onside for the goal that was disallowed against West Brom.

I think he was marginally onside and Morrison being very tight behind him may have forced the linesman/assistants hand a little.
    It seems silly to mention it too but I think our hi viz kit has worked against us a bit. Has the linesman looked across and seen our almost luminous shirts ahead of the defender as the ball is played and automatically raised the flag. I think the goal would have been given with VAR (although I hate it).

It doesn't change much of what is said above but 3 goals in very recent times would change the viewpoint of fans a little.

Has anybody got a link to his miss?

I've not seen it on the club short highlights or the Quest highlights?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leaving individuals aside for now, we aren't going to play two strikers, two wingers and a back four - something would have to give to get two strikers into the team. I've always believed the easiest way for us to do that is to play with three central defenders and wing backs, because then you can have three central midfielders as well.

What it would mean though is that Neil Warnock would have to shelve something that seems to be cast in stone with him - that two wingers have to be in the team with a couple of full backs behind them. It would probably mean no place in the team as a wing back for Lee Peltier, but I wonder if central defence might be his best position anyway now as he moves towards his mid thirties. Possible wing backs for us would include Patterson, Whyte and Coxe as well as Bennett and, maybe, Bacuna - it could be done and, with us leaking so many goals away from home, maybe it should be.
    It would also allow him to bring his favourite Bamba back into the side whilst not dropping either the captain or big money signing

It makes far too much sense for us to ever do it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We flog him for 75 minutes and bring him off as soon as the game opens up
    Absolutely this. I’ve seen him spend 90% of the time running around as our midfield are incapable of keeping possession of the ball

Our wingers (particularly Murphy) are so wasteful in attack and don’t just put the ball in the danger areas

Be interesting to see the stats on the amount of chances he has to conversion rate.

He can't get many per game at all.

Was the header on Saturday that bad?

Ward's goals to chances ratio has to be one of the best in the league given the goals he has got for us late on.
    I do stand by what I say though in that he will no be anywhere near as effective starting in a tighter game against fresher opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It would also allow him to bring his favourite Bamba back into the side whilst not dropping either the captain or big money signing

It makes far too much sense for us to ever do it
    Team would be
    Ward Glatzel
    Ralls Pack Bacuna
    Bennett Bamba Morrison Flint Peltier
    Smithies/Etheridge

And yes, he'd definitely play Peltier

An onside goal given as offside changes a lot from how we look at him.

His heading isn’t very good though.

We don’t get enough crosses in for him.

He’s got **** all support.

How can you call someone who is charged with running around like a headless chicken and gets **** all help shit?

Prime Ibra would struggle with Warnock tactics.

Drop a CM, get another striker on and use the wingers as L/RM.

FOR **** SAKE Neil. Do SOMETHING.