+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Questions/thoughts from a 6 year old

Questions/thoughts from a 6 year old

Yesterday my boy was talking Cardiff City. He had two questions.

Who is our player of the season so far? He reckoned Smithies or Ralls. I struggled to think of an obvious candidate, which may or may not be a good thing.

He also wondered who, of our new signings, would be good enough to play in the Premier league. Again, I struggled to come up with an obvious answer. He said Flint.

Re: Questions/thoughts from a 6 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Who is our player of the season so far? He reckoned Smithies or Ralls. I struggled to think of an obvious candidate, which may or may not be a good thing.

He also wondered who, of our new signings, would be good enough to play in the Premier league. Again, I struggled to come up with an obvious answer. He said Flint.
    Nice to see that you are starting early with the training for your son on how to be continually negative.

Bacuna or Ralls.

None of them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nice to see that you are starting early with the training for your son on how to be continually negative.
    That's some pretty rancid bait.

Better to be discerning than completely blind.

Picking on someone's kid is pretty low.

Sounds like he'd talk you under the table with regard football. He talks football all day, totally obsessed with it. He particularly likes formations.

He seems very astute for 6 year old. I was about 12 before I could comment on football constructively, mainly about whether Toshack or Clark would score the most goals.

Bacuna

Honestly, Flint? Pack, perhaps as he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He seems very astute for 6 year old. I was about 12 before I could comment on football constructively, mainly about whether Toshack or Clark would score the most goals.
    He is. When he was 5 he had a reading age of 11 and does maths sessions with last year of primary, which means he's probably ahead of me!

He's making his own leagues, creating league tables.

Ralls for me with the first one and although I've been critical of him at times, Gavin Whyte for the second one? Pack, Flint (who is better than I thought he was) and Glatzel maybe with the right players around them.

Excellent post

Flint has definitely got better so he could be right. Good players around you make you a better player.
    I do like the look of Glatzel although he seems to be taking a bit of stick.
    He would be another who, given the service and better players around him, coukd make the step up.

From the limited amount of minutes I have seen Smithies MVP so far, though he didnt look overly convincing on Wednesday, even though he did make a couple of important stops.

He is. When he was 5 he had a reading age of 11 and does maths sessions with last year of primary, which means he's probably ahead of me!

Can he put us at the top?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ralls for me with the first one and although I've been critical of him at times, Gavin Whyte for the second one? Pack, Flint (who is better than I thought he was) and Glatzel maybe with the right players around them.
    Whyte is probably the only one with a chance of improving enough to reach that level.

Flint and Morrison are quite similar players. Morrison really struggled in the Premier League and I doubt that Flint would do much better. Pack and Glatzel would probably be backup players at best.

Surprised no one has mentioned Hoilett so far. He may only be playing for 20 or 30 minutes each game but he's been excellent each time hes come on.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Can he put us at the top?
    He usually does

Sounds like he'd talk you under the table with regard football. He talks football all day, totally obsessed with it. He particularly likes formations.
    I love it when kids engage in stuff like that must make you proud, and hey well done dad for bringing on another Bluebird for life 👍

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I love it when kids engage in stuff like that must make you proud, and hey well done dad for bringing on another Bluebird for life ��
    To be honest, it sometimes gets a bit much. Those wonderful times when he wakes you at 6am to ask whether Camarasa or Reid could play as a second striker.

His 'finest' moment has to be after the Everton game last season. He was shattered and so we left with about 20 minutes to go, game clearly over. I asked him what he thought of it. He said it was a load of f**king shit. I asked him where he heard that. He told me that I'd quietly said it after they made it 3-0......

This time next year you will be asking him the questions

Sounds weird Eric, I always assumed you were over 70

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Sounds weird Eric, I always assumed you were over 70
    I feel it after a day of being run ragged by a 6 year old!!

Hopefully your boy has an open mind too and is happy to question and challenge what he sees on the pitch, unlike certain individuals on here

My son is 13 but has been a regular since he was 6. Most days in the house he'll tell me what he thinks the team should be for the next game. He's not a fan of Murphy ("he just runs and runs, Dad"), Paterson ("he's terrible") or Glatzel ("he's awful and only picked because he cost £5m") and is fed up of Warnock's "boring" team selections. Hard to argue with most of that.

He's won the PL and Champions League on both FIFA and PES with City (always City) and has regularly asked me why he's the only City fan in his school (Rhymney Valley), when all the other boys support Liverpool, Man Utd etc. He now understand the meaning of the word "support", in that context. Like you, I love going down the City with my son and think that the two of them could educate a few on here

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    My son is 13 but has been a regular since he was 6. Most days in the house he'll tell me what he thinks the team should be for the next game. He's not a fan of Murphy ("he just runs and runs, Dad"), Paterson ("he's terrible") or Glatzel ("he's awful and only picked because he cost £5m") and is fed up of Warnock's "boring" team selections. Hard to argue with most of that.

He's won the PL and Champions League on both FIFA and PES with City (always City) and has regularly asked me why he's the only City fan in his school (Rhymney Valley), when all the other boys support Liverpool, Man Utd etc. He now understand the meaning of the word "support", in that context. Like you, I love going down the City with my son and think that the two of them could educate a few on here
    *school year

This thread has made me really jealous. We moved down West when my daughter was very young, now I have a grandson who has just turned 5 and I would dearly love to take him down the City with me shortly, like my dad did with me. Unfortunately his parents are not keen and because of the distance its difficult for me to argue. I will keep buying him the City shirts and hopefully one day he will make his own mind up(before I'm dead!)

Took my young ‘un to West Brom Saturday, he loved it, the coach trip, the pub before the game, Ward’s two goals, being in a big crowd etc etc. He’s 38 mind👍