+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WBA Fans

Re: WBA Fans

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Of all opposition fans West Brom are my favourites. Down to earth, decent supporters. Not big time johnnies with a sense of entitlement.
    agree with this. The Vine is the best pub in the division as well

Plenty of empty seats around me (must have been the curried beans!) right in front of the entrance as well

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Were we as bad as the commentators have it today ?
    We were second best, no doubt, Smithies, in hindsight, kept us in it, his first half save with his outstretched foot was world class in my opinion. But, and it’s a big but, Glatzel puts his sitter away, it’s 2-1 and you never know. As much as they dominated they were vulnerable as Ward proved, down to fine lines as most Championship games are. All credit to them I s’pose when we came back to within a goal of them but that’s the sign of a decent side, their arses didn’t go and they picked us off for a fourth. You’d have thought that Danny Ward has earned a starting spot now and rightly so, he knows where the net is.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The anti England stuff is boring and embarrassing
    And ironic when you consider how many english players we have . Why can't we just be proud of our identity and players, and work the songs and chants around that ?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    At times, yes. Baggies were better organised and had obviously practiced moves which paid off. Our high balls into the box were largely well dealt with. EVA were wuick to break, had some good/some poor shots but overall had the edge on us and played the ball around the skill and conviction. We were better when getting the ball into the box at ground level. We still need to offload the ball or shoot much more quickly.
    Good summary, we were pretty good for the first 15 and last 15 but awful in between.

WBA didn’t actually seem that good, a lot of ropey passing, but we seemed to have a massive hole in the middle giving them time and space. We desperately missed Ralls.

One positive was Danny Ward. He was excellent, winning headers and providing decent movement and runs. 2 superb finishes as well.

He’s got to start next up

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Good summary, we were pretty good for the first 15 and last 15 but awful in between.

WBA didn’t actually seem that good, a lot of ropey passing, but we seemed to have a massive hole in the middle giving them time and space. We desperately missed Ralls.

One positive was Danny Ward. He was excellent, winning headers and providing decent movement and runs. 2 superb finishes as well.

Ward was excellent, but I really can't help and think that he only looks so good as he benefits from players being tired and the game being stretched. He seems to be the definition of an impact player, albeit, a very good one yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post

EVA...? Thank you autocorrect. So, Mr Warnock, here's a few pointers that may help City fans come away from a match feeling less frustrated and with maybe a few more goals:
    Keep Murphy on the bench (ok his corner led,suprisingly, to a goal. I was reckoning on an overhit ending up somewhere in Halfords Lane...ish).
    Get Joe Ralls back in midfield soon as (bit obvious)
    Joe B/Pelts...drop off wide and look to bring the ball out quickly from the keeper rather than the tedious everyone wait until the opposition defence is organised resulting in head tennis which invariably we lose.
    Re head tennis....get the ball on the ground. Please.
    Glatzel isn't the answer to high balls. He's too soft to challenge in the air and is ineffective. On the ground with Danny Ward the target man to replace him. And he's more effective in the air.
    Support for guys running up the wings. Far too often they are a lone player. Baggies showed how it should be done. Expecting to get passed the two guys invariably defending then look for cross just doesn't work often enough....and if they do opposition defence knows what's coming.
    Work on some moves. I do wonder some times exactly what does happen in training. Baggies first was superbly manufactured. We just seem to try our luck and are nowhere near creative enough in front of goal.
    Quick throw ins please. Invariably too slow and lacking creativity. Too much time given for the opposition to get organised.
    Finally....we passed the ball around for about a minute yesterday, keeping possession. Tippy tappy all the time...no thanks...but a little more possession? Yes please.
    Right. Dai Huntesq rant over. Let's hope Kadeem doesn't show us why we needed to keep him, next match up.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Ward was excellent, but I really can't help and think that he only looks so good as he benefits from players being tired and the game being stretched. He seems to be the definition of an impact player, albeit, a very good one yesterday.
    Unless he gets some starts then we will never know

Smithies was the only reason it wasn't 5-0 at half time

Warnock is wedded to wingers and one up top so I can't see it happening, but once Bamba's back couldn't we try a 3-5-2 with Ward and Glarzel up front?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Absolutely. It's also ignorant. Our club is made up mainly of English players. We have an English manager and the club was founded by an Englishman.

Daft.
    It's not without irony that our opposition often have more Welsh players on the pitch than us.....