+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We miss Joe Ralls badly

Re: We miss Joe Ralls badly

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I wasn't a great fan of Ralls in our promotion season. I thought he was the least able of our centre midfield players, but that squad included Bryson, Grujic, Damour, and of course Gunnarson. This season I reckon he's our stand-out player, which says a lot about our current options. I'm not jumping on the 'isn't Marlon Pack great' bandwagon just yet..
    Agree about Pack. It just goes to show how starved of a player who can put there foot on the ball we've been over the last few years or so. Same with 30 minute Tomlin-He really is finished at this level.

I wasn't a great fan of Ralls in our promotion season. I thought he was the least able of our centre midfield players, but that squad included Bryson, Grujic, Damour, and of course Gunnarson. This season I reckon he's our stand-out player, which says a lot about our current options. I'm not jumping on the 'isn't Marlon Pack great' bandwagon just yet..
    There is little doubt that our midfield needs attention but I would prefer to continue through this season and let a new manager take a look.

I thought in our promotion season he was our best CM. Obviously Grujic is more talented. I thought he was better than Gunner but can see someones point of view he was better. But Bryson and Damour better than Ralls. Come off it. No way.

Both Ralls and Morrison seem to be underrated/get unfair stick from portions of our fanbase. Whenever they're missing we tend to fall apart

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Both Ralls and Morrison seem to be underrated/get unfair stick from portions of our fanbase. Whenever they're missing we tend to fall apart
    When Morrison was out last season we got on fine without him. I believe we would have stayed up if we continued with the Bamba/Manga pairing.

Ralls is needed in the middle though, I think he balances us out quite nicely with Bacuna and Pack next to him

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought in our promotion season he was our best CM. Obviously Grujic is more talented. I thought he was better than Gunner but can see someones point of view he was better. But Bryson and Damour better than Ralls. Come off it. No way.
    No, they weren't better than Ralls, but we had a much more creative midfeld in 17/18, even by Warnock's standards. We played much, much, more football because we had players who could, and Ralls was -for want of a better word - our enforcer. This season the quality immediately around him is in my opinion poor, and consequently he's stood out..

No, they weren't better than Ralls, but we had a much more creative midfeld in 17/18, even by Warnock's standards. We played much, much, more football because we had players who could, and Ralls was -for want of a better word - our enforcer. This season the quality immediately around him is in my opinion poor, and consequently he's stood out..
    The only one who was creative out of that lot was Grujic and he only played a small number of games and was a headless chicken for the first few.

In fact when he got on his game his link up with Ralls was the best we’d seen for a while.

Pity he got injured and was hardly seen.

The others played minor parts compared to Ralls who was far and away our best midfielder in our promotion season

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Given that midfielders such as Ralls are often needed to cover the back line then quickly turn defence into attack, then I’d have thought that pace would be important for them as well.
    So why do fast players always end up playing wing, full back or striker ?

By the way, over the sort of distances midfielders run Ralls is quicker than most at this level imho

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    This is true.

We fell apart when Morrison was our season before last and he started getting some credit.

Soon forgotten.

Seems odd that players like these 2 playing for a side which on paper is bang average particularly in the middle and up front seem to win such a high % of games they play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Very odd.

His record in our promotion season was superb.

He’s started this season well again and often has to play with injuries as he is so important to the team.

Even last season he had to play through the pain and struggled.

When he got fit and came back he did pretty well.

He’s an all rounder, so never likely to be everyone’s cup of tea, but there aren’t many like him around and every team ( at our level) needs one.
    There was also around a month or so when he came back into the team last season where he was our top performer.