Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: We miss Joe Ralls badly

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    and Jazz
    Which says an awful lot about the quality and ability of our current team

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Which says an awful lot about the quality and ability of our current team
    Or that Ralls is a really good player at this level?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Ralls is too one-paced. If he had a burst of speed about him he'd be very good at this level. As it is, I think he'd struggle to break into a lot of the top teams' midfields in this division. His passing needs to improve too. He has arguably been our best player so far this season, but in fairness, there's a lot of mediocrity in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Ralls is too one-paced. If he had a burst of speed about him he'd be very good at this level. As it is, I think he'd struggle to break into a lot of the top teams' midfields in this division. His passing needs to improve too. He has arguably been our best player so far this season, but in fairness, there's a lot of mediocrity in the team.
    Agreed.

Sadly pace isn’t something that Warnock values. I’m not just talking about going forward but also at the back... we are such a slow team... and it looks like players who have a little pace are playing with lead weights in their boots

He's got a great engine, breaks up play and links up well. He's got his flaws but he's at this level for a reason. I don't understand the Joe Ralls hate. Every season Joe Ralls gets injured, everything goes tits up.

He's got a great engine, breaks up play and links up well. He's got his flaws but he's at this level for a reason. I don't understand the Joe Ralls hate. Every season Joe Ralls gets injured, everything goes tits up.
    Where are you getting the "hate" thingy from? Hate is too strong a word, I'm trying to be objective.

Where are you getting the "hate" thingy from? Hate is too strong a word, I'm trying to be objective.
    He gets an incredible amount of stick, especially considering he's greatly missed whenever he's absent. There were posts recently saying "we'll never get promoted with Ralls in CM", despite the fact he was our best CM when we got up last time. It's not directed at yourself but it's odd.

But I very much doubt he would be an automatic starter in any of the top 6 sides.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    But I very much doubt he would be an automatic starter in any of the top 6 sides.
    He was a starter in the team that finished second with 90 points 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    He was a starter in the team that finished second with 90 points 2 years ago.
    Whatever happened to them?