+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our away form this season .....

Our away form this season .....

We’ve conceded 15 in 6 away matches .... that’s way too many !
    Incidentally that is just 1 less than the total number of goals conceded in all our away fixtures of 2017/18 season

Re: Our away form this season .....

Erm, we've conceded 13 this season away from home, 10 goals less than the 2017/18 season.

Despite that, it made me think. We're 21st in the "away" league table. Pretty pathetic stuff for a side some still think have playoff hopes.

If we're to match our 2017/18 away form, we can only drop 16 points from our last 17 away matches. Could we win 11 of those 17? Not a chance. Interestingly, our goalscoring rate is almost the same as 2 seasons ago. When we won promotion we conceded an average of 1 goal a game and kept 8 clean sheets. This season we've conceded more than 2 goals a game and kept 1 clean sheet.

Perhaps our rubbish away form is down to playing some good sides? Er no. We've only played 1 away game to a side currently above us in the table. Considering we're roughly mid table, we can safely say that we haven't really had many stern tests away from home. It makes our away form all the more dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Erm, we've conceded 13 this season away from home, 10 goals less than the 2017/18 season.

Despite that, it made me think. We're 21st in the "away" league table. Pretty pathetic stuff for a side some still think have playoff hopes.

If we're to match our 2017/18 away form, we can only drop 16 points from our last 17 away matches. Could we win 11 of those 17? Not a chance. Interestingly, our goalscoring rate is almost the same as 2 seasons ago. When we won promotion we conceded an average of 1 goal a game and kept 8 clean sheets. This season we've conceded more than 2 goals a game and kept 1 clean sheet.

Perhaps our rubbish away form is down to playing some good sides? Er no. We've only played 1 away game to a side currently above us in the table. Considering we're roughly mid table, we can safely say that we haven't really had many stern tests away from home. It makes our away form all the more dreadful.
    Eric , I misread the table I saw ......16 conceded was at home that season ! But this season it is 15 conceded ! ,
    3 Wigan, 4 reading , 4 wba, 2 Hull , 1 Derby , 1 Blackburn

Not great I think we both agree on

Playing 1 in midfield today didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Eric , I misread the table I saw ......16 conceded was at home that season ! But this season it is 15 conceded ! ,

It was 3 at Reading and 0 at Blackburn.

Reading was 3, we kept a clean sheet at Blackburn.

However, we agree our away form is utter shite.

Good point ......: what a ‘mare I’m having hehe:
    Anyway , it doesn’t change the fact we’re re crap away this season with potentially a lot harder away trips to come !
    This certainly hasn’t been the season we were promised so far !

Good point ......: what a ‘mare I’m having hehe:
    Anyway , it doesn’t change the fact we’re re crap away this season with potentially a lot harder away trips to come !
    This certainly hasn’t been the season we were promised so far !
    lol

Absolutely. It's a worry. We're not going down but no chance of playoffs as far as I can see. Project Warnock coming to an end, rebuilding job when he leaves. Such fun....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    lol

Absolutely. It's a worry. We're not going down but no chance of playoffs as far as I can see. Project Warnock coming to an end, rebuilding job when he leaves. Such fun....
    I really think its time to end Project Warnock before it's too late. You say we are not going down but we may not be so lucky going forward as we were with QPR.

Time to change style with the squad we've got, then buy in to improve it where needed. A new manager would need to see if the talent we have can still play decent football. I'd rather change now than over the summer when the team isn't being tested.

If I was the board I certainly would not give Warnock any money to spend in January.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    If I was the board I certainly would not give Warnock any money to spend in January.
    Absolutely!

Agree, he’d only waste it, only allow him to acquire two loan players from Premier League clubs? That’s if we have a chance of promotion otherwise change Manager at Christmas?

Agree with this. It’s a waste, not because of where we may be but because he’s leaving a few months after!!

we dont need any more of these warnocked type players after he retires.