He’s not a 90 minute player!!!!!

Impact player only please Neil
    You're blaming a winger for that?

Re: Hoilett starts, we get stuffed again !!!! He’s:——

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You're blaming a winger for that?
    Partly

You're starting to show your age here, old man. If you actually think a winger, being Hoilett, or whoever our starting wingers are responsible for the utterly abysmal build up play, ball wasting and defending then you're clearly just showing your agenda. Hoilett is our best winger, not sure what's so hard to understand about that, old man.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You're starting to show your age here, old man. If you actually think a winger, being Hoilett, or whoever our starting wingers are responsible for the utterly abysmal build up play, ball wasting and defending then you're clearly just showing your agenda. Hoilett is our best winger, not sure what's so hard to understand about that, old man.
    Football is about opinions and it’s this “old man’s” opinion that old man Hoilett, is not up to the concentration levels required for this level of football.
    It’s strange how you say “build up play” , isn’t old man Hoilett supposed to be part of that build up ???

He’s a great asset, a great player, but these days only as an impact player.

As you point out, I’m an old man, don’t know what you are because you’re hiding, proud of that are you ??

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Football is about opinions and it’s this “old man’s” opinion that old man Hoilett, is not up to the concentration levels required for this level of football.
    It’s strange how you say “build up play” , isn’t old man Hoilett supposed to be part of that build up ???

He’s a great asset, a great player, but these days only as an impact player.

As you point out, I’m an old man, don’t know what you are because you’re hiding, proud of that are you ??
    Bit of a nibble that.

Yes, he should be involved in the build up play but not the first phase. It would be helpful if our full backs and centre mids, who all four were absolute pish yesterday could actually pass in straight lines and not put the other players under pressure via poor balls. So no, Hoilett didn't really get a fair crack at carrying that build up play yesterday. Himself, Whyte and Glatzel (despite his miss) are the only players who started who can leave that game with a bit of credibility.

By the way, and I'm assuming you went yesterday, Murphy and NML were garbage when they came on, so I'm not really sure who you suggest starts on the wings instead of him.

I’m a great believer in “attack”, is the best form of defence !

I’d start with a front 2, which means I would have started with Ward

This post is drivel.
    We were outplayed yesterday by a very good team.
    If you were there you would know for the first 11 minutes the ball was in West Brom box.
    First goal is everything and dont get me on our disallowed goal. I've not seen it again but I habe a strong gut feeling it was a shite refereeing lino decision.

My cunning plan would be to start with Murphy, take him off after three minutes and put Hoilett on.
    Murphy might get the message.....and Junior would have had a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    This post is drivel.
    If you were there you would know for the first 11 minutes the ball was in West Brom box.
    First goal is everything and dont get me on our disallowed goal. I've not seen it again but I habe a strong gut feeling it was a shite refereeing lino decision.
    Your first sentence sums it up .

Lots of folk including myself forecast the starting line up to include Paterson and Holiet as they are more defensive minded than Tomlin and Murphy , thats probaly why they came on against QPR.

I wasn't there on Saturday , but most like you
    epressed the same view, we were up against a better team ,and they have manager I'd love here.

WBA have done so well , as most Baggie fans must have gasped when they lost Rondon and
    Gayle and gained super Ken , a fading Austin, and kept in the aging Kanu ?

It sounded thier midfield was the key, and they had a class act in Pereira .

We need Ralls back ,along with Pack and Tomlin in a better midfield unit.

Why we can't go with one winger at times , switching flanks , allowing two forwards( ie Ward) up front supporting the German, is beyond me ??

To do this we would need a grafting midfield ie Day and Ralls .

Hoilett when moved into the number 10 role was pivotal in facilitating many of Cardiff's attacks from the hour mark onwards. Offered much more than Patterson who unfortunately for him was chasing lost causes up against an adept Bartley and Ajayi central defence partnership.

Hoilett prior to that change was completely isolated on the wing as was Whyte. Bilic had Cardiff nullified by initially doubling up on defending against the players out wide. There was no option, so how do you expect them to have an impact on the game. All too often the tried and tested tactic of Cardiff is to spread the ball up the wing hope the ball makes it to a winger and wait for them to individually make something happen. Patterson doesn't provide that pivot to play triangles in an effort to advance up the field. So any attempt to break West Brom down the wing was a thankless isolated task until Hoilett moved into the middle and provided that pivot.

So back to the original post as you suggest Hoilett can be used to great effect as an impact player from the bench. But to single him out on his 90 minute performance against one of the strongest teams in the league away from home is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    This post is drivel.
    20191006_140504.jpg

Looks like Mozza is offside but Glatzel is on for me.

I
    Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Hoilett when moved into the number 10 role was pivotal in facilitating many of Cardiff's attacks from the hour mark onwards. Offered much more than Patterson who unfortunately for him was chasing lost causes up against an adept Bartley and Ajayi central defence partnership.

Hoilett prior to that change was completely isolated on the wing as was Whyte. Bilic had Cardiff nullified by initially doubling up on defending against the players out wide. There was no option, so how do you expect them to have an impact on the game. All too often the tried and tested tactic of Cardiff is to spread the ball up the wing hope the ball makes it to a winger and wait for them to individually make something happen. Patterson doesn't provide that pivot to play triangles in an effort to advance up the field. So any attempt to break West Brom down the wing was a thankless isolated task until Hoilett moved into the middle and provided that pivot.

So back to the original post as you suggest Hoilett can be used to great effect as an impact player from the bench. But to single him out on his 90 minute performance against one of the strongest teams in the league away from home is ridiculous.

I’m not singling him out, I’m saying the manager has got to stop thinking he’s got the legs to be a 90 minute player !

He’s a wonderful professional and it’s a pleasure having him at our club

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I

I’m not singling him out, I’m saying the manager has got to stop thinking he’s got the legs to be a 90 minute player !

He’s a wonderful professional and it’s a pleasure having him at our club
    Can I ask a question, or in fairness a couple of questions.

Who would you replace Hoilett with? Considering we all know Warnock won't go two up top as you said you would like (as would I), so we keep the same set up, who do you replace him with?

Do you think any of the wingers at the club can actually offer more than him?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Can I ask a question, or in fairness a couple of questions.

Who would you replace Hoilett with? Considering we all know Warnock won't go two up top as you said you would like (as would I), so we keep the same set up, who do you replace him with?

Do you think any of the wingers at the club can actually offer more than him?
    No