+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff Half Marathon

Cardiff Half Marathon

With seemingly very little interest in athletics these days, re World Athletics Championships in Qatar, I am quite enjoying this on BBC1.

Course record just broken by the men and both men and women had excellent duels at the finish.

It seems to be growing in popularity and the coverage shows off all the Cardiff sights.

Re: Cardiff Half Marathon

Watched a bit, decent coverage. Shame its only on BBC Wales but is on red button elsewhere and will be on iplayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Watched a bit, decent coverage. Shame its only on BBC Wales but is on red button elsewhere and will be on iplayer.
    It's on BBC2 elsewhere 👍

Would be better if John Rawling had done some research beforehand about our fine City instead of asking Tanni GT all the time.
    Last edited by The Bloop; 06-10-19 at 10:41. Reason: .

What's that big red building?

Drives me mental. This City is cut in half, four or five times a year, so some people can run or cycle around for a few hours. Can't they do it somewhere else? Isn't that what stadium's are for? Really gets on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    With seemingly very little interest in athletics these days, re World Athletics Championships in Qatar, I am quite enjoying this on BBC1.

Course record just broken by the men and both men and women had excellent duels at the finish.

It seems to be growing in popularity and the coverage shows off all the Cardiff sights.
    Cardiff looking fine in the sunshine, nice helicopter views across the city.....well lucky with weather.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Drives me mental. This City is cut in half, four or five times a year, so some people can run or cycle around for a few hours. Can't they do it somewhere else? Isn't that what stadium's are for? Really gets on my nerves.

Amazed it doesn’t affect more areas really, hardly anything to the north or east or west.....they don’t even use the castle grounds....
    All major roads open....

Like everybody does it for the sheer fun of it and cause disruption for the hell of things.

No charities benefit, detrimental to participant's and volunteers', of which there are many, well being mental and physical...

Events such as this should be embraced, showing Cardiff in this light benefits the city and we should be proud.

A couple of hours disruption in a calendar year.
    Some people wanna get a life

Forgot the tens maybe hundreds of thousands of £'s raised for charities

As opposed to the other 360 days of the year when the amount of traffic causes gridlock around the city.
    Hope the 27k runners and £m's raised for charity didn't cause you too much inconvenience.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49953010
    Very sad news again this year with another runner losing his/her life. I’ve run the last 8 Cardiff Halfs, I’m always struck by how well it’s stewarded and there are medical staff all around the route. It’s a great event and shows our city in a great light, but it’s shocking that a runner has died.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Forgot the tens maybe hundreds of thousands of £'s raised for charities
    Or two and a half MILLION, if I heard correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Or two and a half MILLION, if I heard correctly.
    Wow really?
    That's excellent.

I thought I would err on the conservative side as I've been told billions of times not to exagerrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49953010
    Very sad news again this year with another runner losing his/her life. I’ve run the last 8 Cardiff Halfs, I’m always struck by how well it’s stewarded and there are medical staff all around the route. It’s a great event and shows our city in a great light, but it’s shocking that a runner has died.
    That really is sad news.

8 halfs is some effort mate, congratulations and kudos to you

Ran it today for the first time. Great experience but thoughts are with the person that lost their life. Sad news.

Why don't they impose a no car day on these event days.

A total green day, competitors could cycle or jog in, or use public transport .

2 runners suffered a cardiac arrest within minutes of each other at the finish line. Very sad..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    2 runners suffered a cardiac arrest within minutes of each other at the finish line. Very sad..
    I think that was last year that two passed away.