+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Man C 0-2 Wolves

Man C 0-2 Wolves

Not many saw that coming.
    Tactically a master stroke from Nuno.

Have Man City been found out, or they just cannot perform without their talisman KDB?

Even at this stage of the season, the premiership title looks like Liverpool's to lose. The head to heads will be pivotal.

Re: Man C 0-2 Wolves

Traore is a much better player than he was last season.

Only today when they moved him from the wing into the center forward position, on the wing he flatters to deceive. Wolves today fully deserved their win matched Man city, who only really stepped up their game the last 10/15 minutes

City got 98 points last season without KDB.

Wolves set up so well against the "big 6" sides

It's a schoolboy error not refreshing a successful team. They should have moved a few players players on, and brought in some new faces to keep the others on their toes. Alex Ferguson must be pissing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's a schoolboy error not refreshing a successful team. They should have moved a few players players on, and brought in some new faces to keep the others on their toes. Alex Ferguson must be pissing himself.
    And who have Liverpool refreshed with? I imagine Pep will be on the phone to you for advice shortly if he hasn’t already called 😂

Let me guess, Liverpool didn’t need to be kept on their toes because they are the hunter and need no motivation. Give your jaw a rest !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    And who have Liverpool refreshed with? I imagine Pep will be on the phone to you for advice shortly if he hasn’t already called ��

Let me guess, Liverpool didn’t need to be kept on their toes because they are the hunter and need no motivation. Give your jaw a rest !!!
    Yep, Liverpool haven't won the league title since 89/90, and these players are as hungry as a dog without a bone. The club and the fans have been waiting 30 years for this, and every Liverpool player knows exactly what they have to do.

They spent well over a £100 million on players in the summer.

Plus got rid of 4 or 5 first team players.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Not good enough, it's still the same old faces week after week. Pep wont even give Foden a go.

Yep, Liverpool haven't won the league title since 89/90, and these players are as hungry as a dog without a bone. The club and the fans have been waiting 30 years for this, and every Liverpool player knows exactly what they have to do.
    You’ve nailed it clearly. The City players are now resting on laurels under one of the most demanding managers in the game. Piece of cake this football isn’t it? If only the executives shared your insight every top team would win the league each season. Are you being lined up to replace Ryan? Should we aim for the World Cup final or be content with last 4 under your guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dargavel View Post
    You’ve nailed it clearly. The City players are now resting on laurels under one of the most demanding managers in the game. Piece of cake this football isn’t it? If only the executives shared your insight every top team would win the league each season. Are you being lined up to replace Ryan? Should we aim for the World Cup final or be content with last 4 under your guidance?
    Pep doesn't stay too long at one club, he'll be off in the next year or two.

I bet he is .
    Another great weekend for Man United.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I bet he is .
    Another great weekend for Man United.
    And Chelsea too, their three youngster up top took Southampton apart.

Funny old game though isn't it. Solskaer and Guardiola under huge pressure for very different reasons, the latter more from himself than his owners, though I doubt they'll be best pleased at the moment.
    The money MU have spent in comparison with the other top sides is staggering when you see how poor they are.

It is also funny that WB's suggestion to freshen things up is probably right (in a way). They don't seem to be coping with the loss of Kompany, Stones hasn't stepped up) and when Kevin De Breuyne is absent (this season anyway), they seem quite ordinary at times.

I suspect Alex Ferguson wont give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Funny old game though isn't it. Solskaer and Guardiola under huge pressure for very different reasons, the latter more from himself than his owners, though I doubt they'll be best pleased at the moment.
    The money MU have spent in comparison with the other top sides is staggering when you see how poor they are.

It is also funny that WB's suggestion to freshen things up is probably right (in a way). They don't seem to be coping with the loss of Kompany, Stones hasn't stepped up) and when Kevin De Breuyne is absent (this season anyway), they seem quite ordinary at times.
    Peak Man City was last season, and it was a privilege to watch. Judging by his previous actions, I'm guessing his next challenge will be in Italy, possibly attempting to restore one of the Milan clubs to their former greatness. The USA may also be a longshot, as previously took a year out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

They brought in Rodri as a long term replacement for Fernandinho, who is approaching 35 years of age, and they bought and sold a full-back. It's hardly revolutionary stuff mate. In fact, I'd say it's more akin to tinkering than changing things around a bit

Not many saw that coming.
    Tactically a master stroke from Nuno.

Have Man City been found out, or they just cannot perform without their talisman KDB?

Even at this stage of the season, the premiership title looks like Liverpool's to lose. The head to heads will be pivotal.
    Liverpool's next game will be a giggle, they could dump Man U into a relegation spot.

Stones and Laporte are injured.

Stones can’t “step up” when he’s had one league game to “step up” since Kompany retired.

They’ve had Otamendi and Fernandinho there.

Pep Guardiola may need a Sir Alex Ferguson-like purge to rebuild another great side

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...pep-guardiola/