+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Longstaff brothers

Longstaff brothers

Hell of a pair today for Newcastle.

When if ever have brothers turned out together for Cardiff?

Re: Longstaff brothers

Dave and Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Dave and Gary

Was just thinking about them.

Question: It has been for some time quite obvious that Solskjaer needs to be fired. When are they going to do it? We're talking about a billion-dollar football club. Why did they hire him? Why did they pay $100 for Harry Maguire. Madness.

Richie & Peter Morgan, John & Mel Charles

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post

Was just thinking about them.

Question: It has been for some time quite obvious that Solskjaer needs to be fired. When are they going to do it? We're talking about a billion-dollar football club. Why did they hire him? Why did they pay $100 for Harry Maguire. Madness.
    Bargain!
    OGS got signed based in his reputation as a played at the club and his work at Molde. Any City fan (especially those who went away to Man U😁) knows he's not up to big time management. It will be a suprise if he sees in 2020. Give Warnock a go!

Ole's at the wheel.

What a chant.

Hope we get them in the FA Cup.

His Relegation experience with us will see him get them in the drop zone.
    Liverpool next. Hilarious.

Great a young lad like that scoring a winner on his full debut against man united. Seemed like a proper down to earth working class lad in his interview too.

Liverpool should blow this united side away.

David & Paul Giles just a guess

Kevin & Andy Campbell

Lee & Fortune West🤔

Gareth Bale and Chris Pike

Mel and John Charles...
    oh and Clive

Ron, Albert and Bob Stitfall. bob was reserve goalkeeper, Bert was a winger/full back who played 9 times and Ron played over 400 games for us from 1947-64 and played for Wales.

Dog and Jim Blair were father and son, and weren't Len and Brian Attley grandfather /grandson? Reg and Albert keating were brothers who played for us before WW2. David Yorath played for us and his brother Terry managed us.

We also have a father and son in John and Cameron Toshack. Although, obviously they weren't in the same team. Off the top of my head I can only thibk of Frank Lampard senior and junior playing for West Ham. I'm sure there are many more.

We also have a father and son in John and Cameron Toshack. Although, obviously they weren't in the same team. Off the top of my head I can only thibk of Frank Lampard senior and junior playing for West Ham. I'm sure there are many more.
    Gudjohnsen was subbed on for his dad for his international debut. They never got to play on the same pitch.

Heisenberg

Johan and Jordi Cruyff - Barca.

Dave Hollins, Welsh international & brother John an English international ( I know there’s other similar situations but it was a rarity in the 60s for brothers to represent different nations)

Roy Race managed his son, Rocky, at Melchester Rovers.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Roy Race managed his son, Rocky, at Melchester Rovers.
    Roy, Blackie Grey, Charlie "the cat" Carter and latterly the great Johnny Dexter. What a team!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Ron, Albert and Bob Stitfall. bob was reserve goalkeeper, Bert was a winger/full back who played 9 times and Ron played over 400 games for us from 1947-64 and played for Wales.
    Ah yeah, I remember them now ........

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Hell of a pair today for Newcastle.

When if ever have brothers turned out together for Cardiff?
    Their dad is a very very good ice hockey player . Too much talent for one family by far.

Roy, Blackie Grey, Charlie "the cat" Carter and latterly the great Johnny Dexter. What a team!
    Tubby Morton was challenging Yashin in the early 60s for the top ‘keeper in the world spot!!!