+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: This is how Cardiff City should be run

Re: This is how Cardiff City should be run

Fecking unbelievable to read people moaning about Warnock and Cardiff city in general after the shite we have had to endure for generations

We are now an established championship side and with a couple of wins will be right back in the mix

It would be funny if the posters were joking

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fecking unbelievable to read people moaning about Warnock and Cardiff city in general after the shite we have had to endure for generations

We are now an established championship side and with a couple of wins will be right back in the mix

It would be funny if the posters were joking
    Why can't people be happy that the club have come a long way while also pointing out the club don't seem to have a long term plan?

Our academy isn't producing any players and we've got at best a hit and miss approach to transfers. Are we not allowed to talk about this because we were really shit 20 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why can't people be happy that the club have come a long way while also pointing out the club don't seem to have a long term plan?

Our academy isn't producing any players and we've got at best a hit and miss approach to transfers. Are we not allowed to talk about this because we were really shit 20 years ago?
    How the feck do we know what sort of plan the club has ?

It wasn't that long ago we shelled out money big time on a striker who probably would have kept us up but he sadly died in terrible circumstances

Now it's ten games in and turned into have a go at Warnock and the club time

Cardiff fans are a breed apart

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    It’s not meant that way. I have always followed Cardiff admittedly from a distance and remember some very dark days for the club especially in the 90’s when the club really had no money and were playing in the old fourth division. By comparison the club is in a much better place these days.
    It's perfectly possible that City have supporters that first saw us play when they were less than ten years old and are now taking their children to matches who have never seen us play at a lower level than the Championship though Pearcey - things have moved on an awful lot since the nineties and the way football is now, you need to be constantly progressing to maintain your position. Neil Warnock and the money men deserve so much credit for getting us a promotion against all odds in 17/18, but in the eighteen months since then, we've just drifted in my opinion and this means that, in effect, we've gone backwards. There was no disgrace in being relegated last season, but we played like we did not believe we could stay up for the first couple of months of the season and that's what cost us.

It's as if those in charge on the playing side are happy to see us as "plucky little Cardiff City" when we've earned the right to be more than that. This is the time when plans should be put in place for the club to go forward, be ambitious and do what they can to ensure those younger supporters don't have to see lower league football for the first time, because if we keep on pottering about in mid table playing boring football, we are going to sell an awful lot less season tickets come the spring and our parachute payments will soon run out.

Where your club differs from ours is that you actually have an Academy which produces first team footballers - we stopped doing that almost a decade ago and our lack of any discernible plan or philosophy is not just about our chances of getting back in the Premier League being affected, it's about us not being in a position to cope better if we have to go back to being a mid to lower end Championship side where money is tight and there's a realistic chance of going back where we were twenty odd years ago.

It’s not meant that way. I have always followed Cardiff admittedly from a distance and remember some very dark days for the club especially in the 90’s when the club really had no money and were playing in the old fourth division. By comparison the club is in a much better place these days.
    I find this sort of thing astonishing. What possible relevance does what happened in the 1990's have to how the football club is today? You might as well quote the 1920's. It makes about as much sense.

It wasn't that long ago we shelled out money big time on a striker who probably would have kept us up but he sadly died in terrible circumstances

I don't think anyone is having a go, just saying it would be good if the club had a clear path to the first team for youth team players and didn't buy players like tomlin, cunningham etc who don't fit into the side.

I like Warnock and happy that he's still here. That doesn't mean I think the club are getting everything 100% right. And just because people are talking about areas the club could improve doesn't mean they think the club are 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I find this sort of thing astonishing. What possible relevance does what happened in the 1990's have to how the football club is today? You might as well quote the 1920's. It makes about as much sense.
    To provide a sense of perspective. Things could be a lot worse than they are right now. They have been in my lifetime. They improved during the turn of the century and the club have been on an upward path since. The club had gone down a bit following relegation but nothing too severe.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's perfectly possible that City have supporters that first saw us play when they were less than ten years old and are now taking their children to matches who have never seen us play at a lower level than the Championship though Pearcey - things have moved on an awful lot since the nineties and the way football is now, you need to be constantly progressing to maintain your position. Neil Warnock and the money men deserve so much credit for getting us a promotion against all odds in 17/18, but in the eighteen months since then, we've just drifted in my opinion and this means that, in effect, we've gone backwards. There was no disgrace in being relegated last season, but we played like we did not believe we could stay up for the first couple of months of the season and that's what cost us.

It's as if those in charge on the playing side are happy to see us as "plucky little Cardiff City" when we've earned the right to be more than that. This is the time when plans should be put in place for the club to go forward, be ambitious and do what they can to ensure those younger supporters don't have to see lower league football for the first time, because if we keep on pottering about in mid table playing boring football, we are going to sell an awful lot less season tickets come the spring and our parachute payments will soon run out.

Where your club differs from ours is that you actually have an Academy which produces first team footballers - we stopped doing that almost a decade ago and our lack of any discernible plan or philosophy is not just about our chances of getting back in the Premier League being affected, it's about us not being in a position to cope better if we have to go back to being a mid to lower end Championship side where money is tight and there's a realistic chance of going back where we were twenty odd years ago.
    I fully understand that Paul but look where we are currently in the table. We are embarking on yet another relegation battle.

To provide a sense of perspective. Things could be a lot worse than they are right now. They have been in my lifetime. They improved during the turn of the century and the club have been on an upward path since. The club had gone down a bit following relegation but nothing too severe.
    To put things in perspective, the club was very well-established in the Championship, in a brand new stadium and averaging crowds of 20,000+ when it's current billionaire owner took control. The Nineties were a total irrelevance then and they are now.

To put things in perspective, the club was very well-established in the Championship, in a brand new stadium and averaging crowds of 20,000+ when it's current billionaire owner took control. The Nineties were a total irrelevance then and they are now.
    Yes and you had a shedload of debt too. You are financially far more stable as a club now than pre Tan.

Yes and you had a shedload of debt too. You are financially far more stable as a club now than pre Tan.
    That's a matter for debate.....

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that the club has been in either the Championship or the Premier League for the last 17 seasons. Indeed, the last time it finished in the bottom half of the Championship was 2006/07! Nevertheless, people still talk about the 1980's and 1990's in an attempt to deflect attention from the club's current situation. I just don't understand it.

Ah, the old, you used to be shit so you should be grateful regardless bollocks. What a load of codswallop.

Regardless, the fact of the matter is that the club has been in either the Championship or the Premier League for the last 17 seasons. Indeed, the last time it finished in the bottom half of the Championship was 2006/07! Nevertheless, people still talk about the 1980's and 1990's in an attempt to deflect attention from the club's current situation. I just don't understand it.

Ok. So you are saying the club are under-achieving?

I'd say it's too early in the season to be sure that's the case, but it looks that way at the moment.

What gets me is this continual desire people have to look back to a period that is now a total irrelevance in the same way that the 1970's and the 1960's are a total irrelevance. In a post about Warnock's abysmal brand of football last week, one contributor started wittering on about FA Cup tries against Enfield and Hayes! He was talking about a club that ended last season with a Premier League victory at Old Trafford!

You don't understand it because unlike me , you are dull

I'd say we aren't building on a very good opportunity. We are standing still in terms of youth development, player acquisition and planning for the next manager.

You only have to look at the manager, the academy, the suits that all happy clap in public etc to see the club has **** all plan.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ah, the old, you used to be shit so you should be grateful regardless bollocks. What a load of codswallop.
    Would be funny if he was joking.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Give over mate, you were attributing to me stuff I never even said. I explained what I was saying yet you still fired the same nonsense back at me. Don't pretend to be the victim
    I'm not a victim, it just can't be good for you to be so aggressive. Got to think about your heart.

Reality is you have no proof any of what they have done will work. Before Leicester won the league nobody thought that kind of football could ever win anything again. Sometimes you have to be opportunistic in sport and play to your own strengths at that point in time.

When Cardiff got relegated last season Dalman said the club should have begun to plan for the Premier League much earlier than they did. Given the potential rewards on offer for maintaining Premier League status this admission was a poor reflection on him and those running the club.

But we’re told there’s still no need for a Technical Director / Director of Football or anyone at board level who knows what they’re doing regarding football decisions. Then there’s the manager who’s looking to retire in 7 months. So we’ll go forward with VT in Malaysia, Dalman in Monaco and Ken sparing us what time he has when not running H R Owen. Sadly our potential will never be realised if we carry on like this.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I'd put it more like this ; A couple of months ago we were a Premier League club in a new stadium, a 'vibrant' capital city, averaging 31,000 fans. And we have an academy, and transfer policy of a 4th tier club. We have a thin veneer of success with little of substance beneath...

The problem as i see it is that as a club we lack skills in every department. We don't promote youth, we are shit in the transfer market, play a brand of football that is based on getting the ball up front as quickly as possible because that's where the goal is, and a manager whose plucky billy brit, roll up yer sleeves ignorance is wearing very thin. He should have gone at the end of last season. I can guarantee that the club hasn't put anything in place for his successor.

Surely, the answer to that question is to compare our current league position with where most pundits had us finishing when the predictions were being made back in August? As Dave says, it is too early to say we are definitely destined for a mid table finish, but we are past the ten game phase that it is generally held to be the time when the table starts to take shape and the worrying thing for me is that we certainly haven't resembled a potential top two side in any of our games so far and I would argue we haven't looked like a likely top six outfit yet either, so, yes, I would say we're under achieving.

Well it looks like we have sacked Jose Gomes so will be on our seventh manager inside five years. Be careful what you wish for.

Well it looks like we have sacked Jose Gomes so will be on our seventh manager inside five years. Be careful what you wish for.
    Indeed

If a play off place is out of our reach , so be it