Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
Leicester have done very well. They do have more of a history of being a top flight team though than the others I mentioned.
I just think posters on here should appreciate what you have. A nice stadium, decent gates, a chairman who despite his faults has stuck it out, a manager who has you highly competitive at this level, two recent promotions to the top flight, a League Cup Final in recent times etc

I understand the frustration at the playing style and lack of Academy boys coming through but overall surely the positives outweigh the negatives.
Seems to be only one acceptable way to run a club these days.

Sometimes it’s just as good to be able to adapt and take opportunities when they arrive as it is to have a tightly structured plan.

I’ve seen businesses ( and that’s what a football club is) thrive and fail through both.

There is still a lot going on behind the scenes at City with the new training ground being the biggest thing.

Leicester have spent huge amounts of money and were also allowed to do so with a clean slate after going bust.
They have been a massive success story, but there’s also plenty have failed, many of whom thought they had a master plan.

Our club has got where it is over the past few seasons despite crippling debts left from previous owners and our current owners early mistakes.

I dont think there was ever the chance to look long term and even now we need to get promoted in the next 2 seasons or end up as one of the poor men of the league again.

A change of direction imho is more likely in the short term to lead to us going down than up.

A price I’m sure plenty on here will accept, but the majority of ordinary fans won’t be happy with that.