Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
I keep reading on this this thread about other clubs that have failed etc but if you look at the failings of those clubs it's because they didn't have any sort of plan or vision that they sunk.

You've only got to watch the Netflix documentary to see the amateurism behind Sunderland's demise and there have been similar grave errors at Portsmouth, Bolton and even Stoke.

Swansea were the model club when it came to a small club with a vision who were able to punch far above their weight and achieve good things, but as soon as they departed from that model they demise begun.

Where do we go when the parachute payments expire?

We have to find a more connected way of running our club or we'll end up where we were with Slade and it was only through Neil Warnock's genius at this level in getting every last drop out of his players that gave us a lifeline.

I fear that lifeline is now being wasted and we are tumbling back to where we were. I'm not asking to spend buckets of money, on the contrary I'm asking that our transfer policy becomes far more strategic and we don't employ a scatter gun approach like we're currently doing and signing players like Will Vaulks then discarding them after 2 games!

The only way we can become sustainable is to number one become more savvy in the transfer market by identifying now players that could become available and fit our club ethos even 2 or 3 years down the line and number two creating a pathway where even one or two youngsters have an opportunity to break in the first team.

Surely everyone can see that our club is not in line with how other successful clubs are run in 2019?

Surely everyone can see that our "transfer committee" is not fit for purpose?

Surely everyone can see that the way to successfully run a championship/premier league club is not the same in 2019 as it was in 1992?

If (and surely these things are a given) these things are true, I don't understand the opposition to those of us who'd like to see our club modernise in order to enhance our chances of future success!
Good post Gringo - trouble is that there are those who see any calls for improvement or discussion of weaknesses at City as, somehow, being disloyal.