+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking like a near on fully fit Wales squad for Thursday..

Looking like a near on fully fit Wales squad for Thursday..

...let's do this

Re: Looking like a near on fully fit Wales squad for Thursday..

It's a pity that Brooks is out, as he offers something different, being the clever player that he is. In his absence, Ramsey needs to step up and put in a shift. We've got a trio of runners who have pace to burn, but somebody has to take control of the build-up play, otherwise we will be out of sorts like in the recent games against Croatia and Hungary.

Croatia drew against Azer..they're vunerable..shame we have Giggs in charge

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Croatia drew against Azer..they're vunerable..shame we have Giggs in charge
    I'm with you here. Best squad of players that we have ever had, in the 50 years that I have been going to watch Wales games, and we have a useless incompetent manger. The sooner Giggs goes the better, as we aren't likely to ever qualify for anything under his 'leadership'.

No Brooks, Chester or Mepham. So we do have a few out. Not convinced we will see Chester play again for Wales.
    Slovakia is a huge game. We must avoid defeat in that game to have any chance of finishing top two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    I'm with you here. Best squad of players that we have ever had, in the 50 years that I have been going to watch Wales games, and we have a useless incompetent manger. The sooner Giggs goes the better, as we aren't likely to ever qualify for anything under his 'leadership'.
    Honestly??

I still think we over hype this squad. Looking at the next 2 games we got 3 good players in Bale, Davies, and Ramsey. A few with potential (4 or 5) and a lot of lower league dross.

Just to add I can see Ramsey withdrawing from the squad as he felt a twinge in the warm up for Juve last night.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Honestly??

I still think we over hype this squad. Looking at the next 2 games we got 3 good players in Bale, Davies, and Ramsey. A few with potential (4 or 5) and a lot of lower league dross.
    That's all Wales has ever had isn't it?

I'd definitely say on paper this is the squad we've had with the best potential.

Bale
    Ramsey
    Brookes
    Wilson
    Mepham
    Davies
    Allen
    James
    Ampadu
    Roberts
    Matondo

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Honestly??

I agree with the over hyping, we have thrown around a lot of caps based on the players club and an attempt to also tie down dual nationals.

I think it's an exciting squad, some great potential but it's not there yet. No. 9 is a massive problem as is the depth of cover in the defence. Where we are seemingly abundant is that technical no 10 type player, could field an 11 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    No way our strongest ever squad, remember when we had three Premier League strikers, Rush,Hughes and Saunders as well as Southall, Radcliffe,Speed,and of course the best player in the Prem, your favourite Mr Giggs?
    However it is much easier to qualify these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That's all Wales has ever had isn't it?

I'd definitely say on paper this is the squad we've had with the best potential.

Bale
    Ramsey
    Brookes
    Wilson
    Mepham
    Davies
    Allen
    James
    Ampadu
    Roberts
    Matondo
    Exactly so don't understand why some people think this is the best. Our best was the one that got to a semi-final in the Euros. Almost all were playing regularly for their clubs and most at a much higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...let's do this
    Ramsey has a niggle

Yep almost on cue with Ramsey. I can see him withdrawing from the squad yet again. It’s been nearly a year since he played for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep almost on cue with Ramsey. I can see him withdrawing from the squad yet again. It’s been nearly a year since he played for Wales.
    It's hard to argue with him as well, he would have come on for Juve if he was fit. I hope they can manage him at he can play a part in the Croatia game.

ffs.. think we should forget about him..worse hamstrings than giggs

Not sure Juve will let Rambo play if he didn’t play for them on the weekend, hope I’m wrong.