+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on this?

Any thoughts on this?

Re: Any thoughts on this?

Bit over the top but a silly to wear the shirt as all you need is one or two fans taking exception and you’re getting chucked out to keep the peace.

Sounds like a bunch of jobsworth stewards. Why not let him cover it up?

I suppose they were worried if he celebreated a goal and everyone kicked off but it seems a bit heavy handed to me.

In a statement to WalesOnline, West Brom said: "We are aware of a number of ejections from home areas of Cardiff City supporters who were wearing Cardiff football kits.
    Surely this isn't true

Has he been to a football match before? Everyone knows that you don't make yourself conspicuous if you're an away supporter in the home end.

International

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Has he been to a football match before? Everyone knows that you don't make yourself conspicuous if you're an away supporter in the home end.
    clearly not!! Maybe he normally supports rugby, they mix quite happily.

“Being treated like a criminal”

“Thought we’d seen it on crime watch”

“Wife was sick to her stomach couldn’t eat her chinese”

Turn it down mate ffs.

Although over the top, they’re definitely naive for doing what they’ve done, what did he expect with his shirt on full view? People to join in their anniversary celebrations?

Shocking , absolutely shocking.
    Why anyone would keep a suitcase behind their tele is beyond me .

At least he wasn't thrown over a balcony by the home fans.

He's sat in the family stand, next to his wife in a WBA shirt. Ridiculous to kick him out just for wearing a Cardiff shirt

It's a sad reflection that some grown men at a sporting occasions feel the need to be abusive and violent to fans of opposing teams.
    It's pathetic really.

Should’ve put his Wolves hoodie on to cover it up.

It's ridiculous but considering we've chased fans out of the stadium as recently as last season, I don't think we can take the moral high ground .

He's obviously not a thug but he does lack basic common sense. What part of 'HOME END' does he not understand.

No sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    He's obviously not a thug but he does lack basic common sense. What part of 'HOME END' does he not understand.

No sympathy.
    As a broader point surely in this day and age all grounds should have a small section allocated for opposition fans to sit together. This is an example of a couple who support opposing teams and why shouldn’t they be able to watch it together? Ok perhaps naively he wore his colours and should have been a bit more sensible... but there has to be an allowance for families or friends of opposing teams to sit together and enjoy it including giving a bit of banter.

I was tempted to get tickets in the home end for the West Brom game. My sister lives close by and getting tickets wouldn't have been a problem. However, the thought of my young boy shouting something out if we scored or they scored etc filled me with dread. It only takes one idiot. As much as we can all preach that there shouldn't be a problem, far better to know there's a small chance there will be one and not put yourself in that position .

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    As a broader point surely in this day and age all grounds should have a small section allocated for opposition fans to sit together. This is an example of a couple who support opposing teams and why shouldn’t they be able to watch it together? Ok perhaps naively he wore his colours and should have been a bit more sensible... but there has to be an allowance for families or friends of opposing teams to sit together and enjoy it including giving a bit of banter.
    I completely agree with you but it's just not the world we live in. This guy has flaunted the rules by wearing colours.

Ridiculous overreaction

Part time fan perhaps, done more to create ‘banter’ with his in-laws. Any seasoned fans know the sitting in the home end etiquette, blend in, sit on your hands, cheer madly inside your head whilst keeping dead pan. The fans around you may seem decent enough but it only takes one to stir things up, also you have to leave the ground amongst home fans from less tolerant parts of the stadium. As for wearing the away team’s colours, it’s a definite no-no.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Can’t be serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    At least he wasn't thrown over a balcony by the home fans.
    Special treated only reserved for South Wales plastics.....think they got off lightly

Absolute naivety, may have got away with it if he wasn't wearing City colours and kept a low profile, no sympathy.

One of the West Brom fans quoted in this said he advised the man to cover his Cardiff shirt before he went through the turnstiles, but he ignored him. It was a stupid thing to do - even in the WBA Family Stand, which I assume would be less hostile than other parts of the ground (or maybe not)?

https://readwestbrom.com/2019/10/08/...poll-results=1

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    One of the West Brom fans quoted in this said he advised the man to cover his Cardiff shirt before he went through the turnstiles, but he ignored him. It was a stupid thing to do - even in the WBA Family Stand, which I assume would be less hostile than other parts of the ground (or maybe not)?

https://readwestbrom.com/2019/10/08/...poll-results=1
    It sounded stupid to me before I read that he was advised to cover his shirt up.

Yet again another case of one side screaming their story like they’ve been wronged.

The "He shouldn't have worn colours" argument would have more strength if there weren't City fans walking around outside the stadium pre-match wearing Cardiff shirts, as well as on the trams from the ground to Birmingham, all mingling with the home fans

He was in the family end ffs, hardly like anything's going to happen. Ridiculous overreaction from WBA to kick him out and their official statement leaves a lot to be desired, very poor from them. If it was such an issue, how come he was allowed in the ground in the first place?