+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Barnsley sack manager Daniel Stendel

Barnsley sack manager Daniel Stendel

https://www.theguardian.com/football...daniel-stendel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49966021

We play them at home on 7 December - time for the new manager bounce (whoever it is) to have faded!

Re: Barnsley sack manager Daniel Stendel

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...daniel-stendel

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49966021

We play them at home on 7 December - time for the new manager bounce (whoever it is) to have faded!
    Also rumours that Reading have sacked Jose Gomes this evening with Mark Hughes linked as his possible replacement.

Outside of our division Sunderland sacked Jack Ross today and AC Milan ditched their boss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Also rumours that Reading have sacked Jose Gomes this evening with Mark Hughes linked as his possible replacement.

Outside of our division Sunderland sacked Jack Ross today and AC Milan ditched their boss as well.
    I’d take Hughes here post Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

With Mark Bowen already at Reading I suspect we will end up with Hughes. I am disgusted the club appear to have sacked Gomes after just 11 games. It’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Grow up

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    With Mark Bowen already at Reading I suspect we will end up with Hughes. I am disgusted the club appear to have sacked Gomes after just 11 games. It’s pathetic.
    What happened since you thrashed us? I thought you looked very good that day and capable of a top 6 charge.

Not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What happened since you thrashed us? I thought you looked very good that day and capable of a top 6 charge.
    Puscas hasn’t scored a single goal since the Cardiff game missing sitter after sitter.
    Our defence has been letting in soft goals. Our tactics have gone back to the bad old days of laboured passing. We play suicidal balls across our penalty box. We don’t close down the opposition. Our wing backs push so far forward there are acres of space behind them.We operate zonal marking which means three centre backs leave the opposing striker unmarked in our box.

Apart from that it’s going quite well.

Puscas hasn’t scored a single goal since the Cardiff game missing sitter after sitter.
    Our defence has been letting in soft goals. Our tactics have gone back to the bad old days of laboured passing. We play suicidal balls across our penalty box. We don’t close down the opposition. Our wing backs push so far forward there are acres of space behind them.We operate zonal marking which means three centre backs leave the opposing striker unmarked in our box.

Apart from that it’s going quite well.
    Then why couldn't you have been that shit against us?

It was our best performance in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Then why couldn't you have been that shit against us?
    We were complete sh!t that day.

While we still cant pass the ball we are now difficult to play against.

It was our best performance in years.
    Congratulations

Thanks. I should have said ..”It was our only performance in years”.

We are Capital of Wales, we do not employ Welshman especially ones with years of Premier League experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    We are Capital of Wales, we do not employ Welshman especially ones with years of Premier League experience!
    When was the last time he did a good job?

Shite at Stoke, shite at Southampton, Shite at QPR. Always goes on about never being relegated even though he's just been sacked months before his team get relegated

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

Shite at Stoke, shite at Southampton, Shite at QPR. Always goes on about never being relegated even though he's just been sacked months before his team get relegated
    I can't say that I was too impressed with him in the Welsh job, either. We had a good few months where we managed a few decent friendly results, beat Italy and spent the rest of the qualification campaign playing poorly. When we needed an equaliser against Russia and he put Earnshaw on the wing I knew the game had gone.

Based on what? His goal against Spain?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We were complete sh!t that day.

While we still cant pass the ball we are now difficult to play against.
    West Brom wouldnt agree

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Based on what? His goal against Spain?
    He'S wELsH

11 games really is pathetic to sack a new manager. Especially since he spent a bit too didn’t he? So now someone is stuck with his players (they may like them but how often does a new manager come in and bench the 8 mill player and out someone else in)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    11 games really is pathetic to sack a new manager. Especially since he spent a bit too didn’t he? So now someone is stuck with his players (they may like them but how often does a new manager come in and bench the 8 mill player and out someone else in)
    This will be our seventh manager inside five years, It’s a shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post

3 consecutive years finishing top 10 in the premier league? His final season at Stoke was woeful but arguably their best, premier league era, manager.

This will be our seventh manager inside five years, It’s a shambles.
    I did notice your other comment after about your performances since our game, but yeah it really is a shambles and the one downside to trying these fancy managers.