Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
What is the deal with our trust? I am 25 so do not know the full history that well, but our trust seems significantly small and weak for a club such as our self's, they were practically non existent during the re brand years and membership uptake seems small?
It's unfair to say the Trust was practically non existent during the rebrand dispute. As someone who, initially, could see both sides of the argument and so felt differently to most of them, I can tell you that the large majority of the Committee (in fact it may have been all of them) at the time felt differently to me and were completely against it. However, being a democratic organisation, it had to represent its members views and the fact of the matter is that the first consultation with members after the decision to change colours had been announced showed that there was not the same degree of opposition to it as there was among the Committee members.

Subsequent surveys of membership opinion showed a gradual hardening among the membership against the rebrand and so the Trust's viewpoint shifted accordingly. They played a full part in the organisation of the march against the rebrand that was held before we played Liverpool in March 2014 and produced a replica of the fans favourite blue shirt with a white and yellow stripe from the 70s (which, from personal experience, I can tell you is of far better quality than the ones the club sells every season and a fair bit cheaper as well) which was marketed as being part of the protest against us playing in red.

Membership numbers aren't great currently, but the Trust still has regular meetings with the likes of Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman and their website should be the go to place for an informed assessment of any new financial developments at the club. However, although I don't agree with this myself, it seems that Cardiff City's Trust becomes more of a success, in membership terms at least, when there is some sort of crisis at the club.