Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
What is the deal with our trust? I am 25 so do not know the full history that well, but our trust seems significantly small and weak for a club such as our self's, they were practically non existent during the re brand years and membership uptake seems small?
My experiences while working to get the Trust set up, serving on its board and helping to get the Fred Keenor statue built were soul-destroying. Most City fans were totally indifferent to the idea of an organisation that represented the fans, while a surprisingly significant percentage were openly hostile. The number of supporters that were enthusiastic about the Trust was small. There were some really great people among that number, but their support didn’t compensate for the disdain, abuse and threats of violence that came from a variety of sources at regular intervals.

Many football fans, at least in this city, seem happier to criticise the efforts of others than either make any effort themselves or support those who are attempting to do something positive. Working with the Trust was a sobering experience and anyone who attempts to do so in future has my sympathy, as it’s a genuinely thankless task.