+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Craig Conway
    Paul Brayson
    Kevin Evans
    Craig Bryson
    Jimmy Gardner
    Jason Fowler

Re: Players you rated but seemed to divide opinion?

Stephen McPhail

Aron Gunnarsson

The one and only midfield duo of Willie Boland and mark Bonner

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Stephen McPhail
    Scott Mc Cormack, was never really slagged off by City fans but i always thought that he was a better player than Chopra, which caused a bit of friction with one or two on here.

In fairness, we've not really had many players that have split opinion with the fanbase. If we have then they've usually been creative and had a bit of vision, Whitts, Mc Phail etc... plenty of our lot thrive on effort and work rate and seem to think that a thirty yard defence splitting pass doesn't take plenty of effort and work rate to master......Whittingham just woke up one morning and was able to do some of the most fantastic things i've ever seen while watching the City, the rest of the week he smoked cigars and watched re-runs of Friends..

Gavin Rae

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Gavin Rae
    A bit like Paul Brayson. I liked Brayson, he did a very good job for us and in my opinion wasn't given the recognition that he deserved. I'd have him down as one of the fittest players i've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by blueblade View Post
    Craig Conway
    Paul Brayson
    Kevin Evans
    Craig Bryson
    Jimmy Gardner
    Jason Fowler
    Surely Kevin Evans didnt divide opinion.?? 😂😂

Paul Bodin, at the time I thought he was good and every one I spoke to thought he was crap .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Paul Bodin, at the time I thought he was good and every one I spoke to thought he was crap .
    Bodin played during my first season watching City, i can't say that i was that astute over the ability of players back then so couldn't really make a judgement, although he did have a good career via Bath City i believe.

Ethan Ampadu!

Chris Pike. He scored 67 League goals for Cardiff yet fans picked on him because he was a big guy who was not very physical. But the same people seemed to forget that he was excellent on the floor for a big centre forward and could certainly put the ball in the net. His partnership with car Dale was good, and in 92/93 when we went up he was top League goalscorer despite playing in half the games. And we had Dale, Black, Griffiths and Stant too. He was released at the end of the season. I really liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ethan Ampadu!
    I don't think he's played enough top level football to have an opinion.

Stephen McPhail
    I thought he was a class midfield player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In fairness, we've not really had many players that have split opinion with the fanbase. If we have then they've usually been creative and had a bit of vision, Whitts, Mc Phail etc... plenty of our lot thrive on effort and work rate and seem to think that a thirty yard defence splitting pass doesn't take plenty of effort and work rate to master......Whittingham just woke up one morning and was able to do some of the most fantastic things i've ever seen while watching the City, the rest of the week he smoked cigars and watched re-runs of Friends..
    I always found it crazy that Whitts divided opinion. At his best no one could compare and because of that I could forgive any quiet game he had.

There used to be a poster on here “Daehli’s gonna skin you”... or something like that (perhaps he’s still here under a different name) who was vicious with his anti-Whitt’s stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I always found it crazy that Whitts divided opinion. At his best no one could compare and because of that I could forgive any quiet game he had.

There used to be a poster on here “Daehli’s gonna skin you”... or something like that (perhaps he’s still here under a different name) who was vicious with his anti-Whitt’s stuff.
    Agreed. He was loyal as well, seemed very happy at the club. He's responsible for some of the best bits of individual skill i've ever witnessed supporting City.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I thought he was a class midfield player.
    I agree. But others didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Scott Mc Cormack, was never really slagged off by City fans but i always thought that he was a better player than Chopra, which caused a bit of friction with one or two on here.
    Was that the name he gave to the police after his drunken car escapades?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Was that the name he gave to the police after his drunken car escapades?
    Oh yeah, It was Ross, wasn't it? I'm getting bloody terrible remembering names as i get older, i called my son Peggy the other day which is a bit of a worry as it's the dogs name!

Whittingham was one of the best Cardiff players I have seen in 50 years of supporting City - that season where he scored 20 plus goals playing wide midfield included some incredible efforts. I think he was mostly very appreciated in his time here, it was for 10 years so there were bound to be some dips over that period of time

Chris Pike is a good shout, he seemed to contribute very little to a game but somehow scored a lot of goals!

Andy Keogh, didn’t score a lot but I appreciated his constant running and didn’t think he did too bad here.

Whitts shouldnt divide opinion. Class. His record speaks for itself. Goals assists. Did what a creative attacking was supposed to do with interest.

Stephen McPhail
    Yep that for me was the worse , followed by Whitt's and Gunnerson , spot the connection.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yep that for me was the worse , followed by Whitt's and Gunnerson , spot the connection.
    We got promoted when Mcphail was axed and Gunner and Whitts put in the middle??