+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you take Kevin Blackwell as boss?

Re: Would you take Kevin Blackwell as boss?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Let’s go for Phil Brown. He got a promotion to the PL around a decade ago.

Or what about John Gregory? He was an ok manager 20 years ago.
    Good shout. Is Ron Atkinson still alive? Ronniebird would be delighted.

I know the right person isn’t necessarily going to be easy to find, but surely the club can start putting in place something now to recruit someone to come in and take on a technical director role?
    Start selling the club to ambitious people with big ideas? Why do we HAVE to just wait until may to hear we’ve got a lazy appointment or even just promoted the rest of Warnocks gang?

Why can’t we for once try and move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I know the right person isn’t necessarily going to be easy to find, but surely the club can start putting in place something now to recruit someone to come in and take on a technical director role?
    Start selling the club to ambitious people with big ideas? Why do we HAVE to just wait until may to hear we’ve got a lazy appointment or even just promoted the rest of Warnocks gang?

Why can’t we for once try and move forward.
    - new stadium
    - proposals for new training ground
    - debt being reduced.

I mean, there are areas where the owner doesn't seem to want to take the risks the fans want or where progression is happening at a much slower pace but we're definitely trying to move forward in most areas. Successfully or otherwise.

Dave Jones lived season to season.
    The club had a medium to long term plan in Malky's first year.
    The club had a very different, horrible, medium to long term plan in Malky's second year.
    Everything was a bit of a mess.
    Warnock arrived.

Basically, the club is 3 years old and in its first year of relative stability where can plan (should be planning?) what happens next. Compare that to Brighton who have been on a 10 year journey and their goal is still to stabilise themselves in the premier league.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    - new stadium
    - proposals for new training ground
    - debt being reduced.

I mean, there are areas where the owner doesn't seem to want to take the risks the fans want or where progression is happening at a much slower pace but we're definitely trying to move forward in most areas. Successfully or otherwise.

Dave Jones lived season to season.
    The club had a medium to long term plan in Malky's first year.
    The club had a very different, horrible, medium to long term plan in Malky's second year.
    Everything was a bit of a mess.
    Warnock arrived.

Basically, the club is 3 years old and in its first year of relative stability where can plan (should be planning?) what happens next. Compare that to Brighton who have been on a 10 year journey and their goal is still to stabilise themselves in the premier league.
    On the pitch, management and staff I was referring to really.

Nope

No!

...new broom and all that.

Warnock’s taken us as far as he can.
    It’s so glaringly obvious that we need to modernise.

No thanks, let’s move with the times.

As an aside, this thread has reminded me of a few championship managers who’ve gained promotion.
    Whatever happened to the love child of Moggis and Dai Hunt, Brian McDermott?
    Old shiny head has seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    No thanks, let’s move with the times.

As an aside, this thread has reminded me of a few championship managers who’ve gained promotion.
    Whatever happened to the love child of Moggis and Dai Hunt, Brian McDermott?
    Old shiny head has seemingly disappeared off the face of the earth.
    Went to Leeds after reading and was sacked by Celino then went to arsenal as a scout then back to reading until he was sacked in16.. **** knows after that