+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FT: SLOVAKIA 1 - 1 WALES - Match Thread

Re: SLOVAKIA v WALES - Match Thread

should have won that, Bale was pretty poor

James could, possibly should, have won it last kick.
    Decent point though.

The last 10 Minutes was embarrassing, this mentality that a draw will do out here is a joke. We are competing directly against Slovakia for 2nd place and with a red card we couldn't even be bothered to press them outside our own half, ****ing pathetic.

Re: FT: SLOVAKIA 1 - 1 WALES - Match Thread

Happy with that. We are right back in the mix now. If we finish level on points with Slovakia we will be above them on head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    James could, possibly should, have won it last kick.
    Decent point though.

Yes it was a great chance which we did not make the most of but we are right back in this group now.

Could be worse I guess , could be Scottish
    What on earth has happened to Scottish football?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    The last 10 Minutes was embarrassing, this mentality that a draw will do out here is a joke. We are competing directly against Slovakia for 2nd place and with a red card we couldn't even be bothered to press them outside our own half, ****ing pathetic.
    I think that’s harsh. Slovakia are a decent side and we looked knackered. We have quite a few players who are not playing every week.

Giggs inspires absolutely nothing. Average result, but after the 30th minute it was a fairly poor performance.

However, despite Giggs' ineptitude it's about time people starting calling Bale out, the bloke hasn't played well, or consistently well for us for years now. He's not a leader, and at a time where with some many youngsters we actually need one. He seems to genuinely play down to the standard of all the other players, where he used to elevate them, prior too and during the Euros.

Fact of the matter that no Rambo on sunday, then it's no Euro 2020 for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think that’s harsh. Slovakia are a decent side and we looked knackered. We have quite a few players who are not playing every week.
    They are a decent enough side, and in parts it was a decent enough performance and result overall with players missing. Our defence was makeshift and it showed badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Giggs inspires absolutely nothing. Average result, but after the 30th minute it was a fairly poor performance.

However, despite Giggs' ineptitude it's about time people starting calling Bale out, the bloke hasn't played well, or consistently well for us for years now. He's not a leader, and at a time where with some many youngsters we actually need one. He seems to genuinely play down to the standard of all the other players, where he used to elevate them, prior too and during the Euros.

If we lose on Sunday and Hungary win we are five points behind them but if we win in Azerbaijan and beat them that is very likely to be enough for second place. It will be enough for us to finish above Hungary and Slovakia would have to get something away in Croatia and win against Azerbaijan

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

Bale is not the player he was,his club troubles are following through to his international games.

A thrilling game to watch but just a shame that we faded so much in the second half and let them come back into it. Frustrating too that the ref was very card happy for Wales but sent their player off about 20mins too late. We have to give it a good go on Sunday now as it's go for broke time.

We had one more sub available. Not sure why some fresh legs weren’t thrown on late doors to try to capitalise on the extra man.

I thought Bale was lucky not to be sent off near the end. Moore did well

I thought Bale was lucky not to be sent off near the end. Moore did well
    Moore put himself about and did not look out of place

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Moore put himself about and did not look out of place
    Agreed Jeeps. This was also a young side so overall a point won than two points lost for me.

Happy with that. We are right back in the mix now. If we finish level on points with Slovakia we will be above them on head to head.
    Feeling of deja vu.
    Isn't that twice you've got the head to head rule in today Pearcey?

Very valid point put forward though

Agreed Jeeps. This was also a young side so overall a point won than two points lost for me.
    We can only get better.I like to some of them have an attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Feeling of deja vu.
    Isn't that twice you've got the head to head rule in today Pearcey?

Very valid point put forward though
    In different sports too,

In different sports too,
    Very impressive :)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    We can only get better.I like to some of them have an attitude.

Moore gives us another option too. Got Brooks to come back in as well as Ramsey. I’m sure we will still screw it up from here but we will have a full house on Sunday night. Looking forward to it.

A real positive tonight was seeing Jonny Williams back to his best, really pleased to see him back in the team. If only referees gave him some protection though as he can't breathe without getting clattered every 30 seconds.

In different sports too,
    I was pretty down looking at the table at the end, thinking Slovakia's better goal difference could come into play. But it's head to head before goal difference? Anything against Croatia though would be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    I was pretty down looking at the table at the end, thinking Slovakia's better goal difference could come into play. But it's head to head before goal difference? Anything against Croatia though would be huge.
    It’s head to head so if Slovakia lose in Croatia then they are likely to finish on 13 points. If we beat Hungary and Azerbaijan we really should be there. Defeat v Croatia is by no means the end of it.

Just to add if we finish level on points with both Hungary and Slovakia then the points each side has got against each other will decide who finishes second. This becomes more tricky as Slovakia would have 7 points from the four games and so would we if we beat Hungary who would only have 3 points.