+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Former City keeper scores against Holland

Former City keeper scores against Holland

Josh Magennis. Think he played a game or two for us in the Championship early in his career. His career has certainly improved with time.

Re: Former City keeper scores against Holland

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Josh Magennis. Think he played a game or two for us in the Championship early in his career. His career has certainly improved with time.
    He did start to look promising but then had an injury never had a look in after that.

Suffered a leg break and wanted to rejoin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Didn't score for Hull when we played them the other day. He had a chance to turn and shoot but didn't. Once a Bluebird.....?

He was a striker in a team that contained Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack (Lets not forget the mighty Warren Feeney either).
    He didn’t really have much of a chance, but when he did he did look a handful. I remember a home game against Blackpool where he did look good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He was a striker in a team that contained Bothroyd, Chopra and McCormack (Lets not forget the mighty Warren Feeney either).
    He didn’t really have much of a chance, but when he did he did look a handful. I remember a home game against Blackpool where he did look good.
    I was going to say that 45 minutes he got against Blackpool I thought he looked great. I think that was the game where he broke his ankle too?

On the other hand I remember him trying to take a throw in, in the middle of the pitch against Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I was going to say that 45 minutes he got against Blackpool I thought he looked great. I think that was the game where he broke his ankle too?

On the other hand I remember him trying to take a throw in, in the middle of the pitch against Derby.
    Robbie Savage was pissing himself laughing at that

One of the funniest moments ever watching football

I felt a bit for him, he just did not click what the ref was asking him to do.

Definitely one of the funniest things I've seen on a football pitch

Remember him scoring for us in a league cup game. Possibly against Dagenham or Bristol Rovers??

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He was a goalie at Cardiff, reverted to outfield after he left didn't he ?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Na, he converted whilst he was here.

Played centre forward in the Derby away game mentioned above

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Yep, Cardiff have some weird tactics. Keepers taking throw ins on the half way line being one of them :)