+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guardiola vs Warnock - Different Philosophies, Same Inspiration

Re: Guardiola vs Warnock - Different Philosophies, Same Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    If they wanted a guaranteed champions league win, man city should have got....Who exactly?
    Neil Lennon?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    It’s a bit stupid to think you can just throw money at the CL and win it when you’ve got Barca, Real, PSG, Bayern, Juve, Liverpool etc all capable of winning it.

He’s hardly done shit has he because he hasn’t won it.

Look at how much better Man City are on the pitch for starters

And it’s not about 8 promotions is it, it was about Lennon and Celtic earlier.
    You’ve moved the goal posts about 50 times in this thread and still won’t give up.
    You can always rely on the flower man to throw in some pointless hypothetical comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Neil Lennon?
    Well obviously not Pep!

Tag bitching?

I’ve posted on my own accord, I’m hardly in cahoots.

I also don’t care you’ve got a different opinion on Pep, you’ve not bothered me one bit, I’ve countered some points you’ve made that I just don’t think are really good.

I forgot you get all pouty on here.

I’ll be stalking you next.

Tag bitching?

I’ve posted on my own accord, I’m hardly in cahoots.

I also don’t care you’ve got a different opinion on Pep, you’ve not bothered me one bit, I’ve countered some points you’ve made that I just don’t think are really good.

I forgot you get all pouty on here.

I’ll be stalking you next.
    Have you remembered to tag Lardy and Hartley?
    Mind you, Hartleys probably staring at his poster of Pep on his bedroom wall and firing one off at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m talking about a record of 8 promotions.
    A lot of posters on this thread seem to be belittling Warnocks achievements.
    Peps trophy haul is about as impressive as you can get, But he’s had the luxury of coaching the best players in the world.
    He’s so far failed to win the champions league with Bayern, and he’s not won it with Man City.
    Do you not think that the reason managers, like Warnock, win 8 promotions and managers, like Pep, Fergie, Mourinho and other successful managers at the top end of the game, haven't won all those promotions is that Warnock isn't quite good enough for the top division? Pep is not going to win 8 promotions as he's not going to spend all that time in lower divisions. Warnock has had to because top flight teams have not fancied giving him a go.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I wouldn't even compare Warnock to Graham Taylor.

Have you remembered to tag Lardy and Hartley?
    Mind you, Hartleys probably staring at his poster of Pep on his bedroom wall and firing one off at the moment
    Dont cry mate

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you not think that the reason managers, like Warnock, win 8 promotions and managers, like Pep, Fergie, Mourinho and other successful managers at the top end of the game, haven't won all those promotions is that Warnock isn't quite good enough for the top division? Pep is not going to win 8 promotions as he's not going to spend all that time in lower divisions. Warnock has had to because top flight teams have not fancied giving him a go.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I wouldn't even compare Warnock to Graham Taylor.
    Youd swear Warnock only has to manage in the championship and he will get a side promoted. Far from it.

Hes got 8 promotions (Not all to the top tier I may add) in 30+ attempts. A decent strike rate no doubt but Sean Dyche has got 2 in 4. Steve Bruce must have a decent strike rate too.

Fu*k sake it’s like tag bitching on here.
    Sorry to be having a pop at Pep guys.
    I know some of you hold him in such high regard, but going back to the gist of the post, when it comes to football management, certain jobs suit certain managers. Always has done, always will. Warnocks your man for getting out of the championship, peps your man to introduce scintillating football.
    One of the best pieces of football management has to be Jock Stein winning the European cup with 11 players who all bar one, were born within a 30 mile radius of Parkhead, or Clough getting promoted to the old 1st División with Forest and winning it the next season, and the European cup twice,or Shankley and Paisley sweeping all before them with Liverpool, or Fergie and his youngsters sweeping all before them.
    For all Peps style and panache, and all the dough at his disposal, he’s 8 points behind his biggest rivals already, and still hasn't won the big one with them.
    By the way, some of the football Arsenal played under Wenger was every bit as good as Peps Man City.
    Only a half of Warnock's eight promotions have been from the second tier to the first, so, in essence, he's got a side promoted to the First Division/Premier League once a decade over the period of his time in management - a good record considering that a lot of the seasons he has spent in the job were in the lower divisions, but not as good as suggested by falling back on the eight promotions line.

As I implied in my previous message in this thread, you're making the assumption that Guardiola would not be a success at a lower level then the Premier League or its equivalent in other countries, but there is no evidence out there that this would be the case. In fact, as J R Hartley says, he has a 100 per cent promotion record in the lower divisions in Spain as he guided Barcelona B to the third tier of football in that country to the fourth in his one season with them. So, there is a small amount of evidence that he could manage effectively at a lower level.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only a half of Warnock's eight promotions have been from the second tier to the first, so, in essence, he's got a side promoted to the First Division/Premier League once a decade over the period of his time in management - a good record considering that a lot of the seasons he has spent in the job were in the lower divisions, but not as good as suggested by falling back on the eight promotions line.

As I implied in my previous message in this thread, you're making the assumption that Guardiola would not be a success at a lower level then the Premier League or its equivalent in other countries, but there is no evidence out there that this would be the case. In fact, as J R Hartley says, he has a 100 per cent promotion record in the lower divisions in Spain as he guided Barcelona B to the third tier of football in that country to the fourth in his one season with them. So, there is a small amount of evidence that he could manage effectively at a lower level.
    Well soon find out when he comes to us 😂

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

How many millions did he spend at Barca B to get promoted?

Youd swear Warnock only has to manage in the championship and he will get a side promoted. Far from it.
    That was the flawed logic used by many in keeping him on - it was as if he would almost guarantee promotion.

That was the flawed logic used by many in keeping him on - it was as if he would almost guarantee promotion.
    What’s the chances percentage wise? (I do t know how many seasons he’s managed for his 4 promotions)

How many millions did he spend at Barca B to get promoted?
    He promoted players from that B wide with him and got rid of some big name players to accomodate them, but dont let that get in the way of the narrative he bought success at Barcelona.

Now let’s hang on a minute here. I’ve been one of Warnocks biggest critics since our first game back in the Premiership last season.
    He’s not cut out for that league, and it showed from day one.
    This thread though was a bit of a piss take, showing NW as the rough diamond he is, and Pep getting all cosy with his mob.
    It appears that Warnock is past his best now, but he was treated like a god 2 seasons ago when he took over and got us up.
    His joint world record of 8 promotions is to be admired, just as much as Pep stepping into an easy job and making Man City even better is.

Some of our fans hang off his every word so its no surprising they think like that really as theres no-one who likes to talk about Neil Warnocks 8 promotions than Neil Warnock himself. Modest chap as he is.

Now let’s hang on a minute here. I’ve been one of Warnocks biggest critics since our first game back in the Premiership last season.
    He’s not cut out for that league, and it showed from day one.
    This thread though was a bit of a piss take, showing NW as the rough diamond he is, and Pep getting all cosy with his mob.
    It appears that Warnock is past his best now, but he was treated like a god 2 seasons ago when he took over and got us up.
    His joint world record of 8 promotions is to be admired, just as much as Pep stepping into an easy job and making Man City even better is.
    Easy job

They had to get 98 points out of a possible 114 to win the league last season.

Youre making it sound like the Celtic job ffs.

Easy job

They had to get 98 points out of a possible 114 to win the league last season.

Youre making it sound like the Celtic job ffs.
    It is with the squad they’ve got. Don’t kid yourself. Liverpool and Man City are miles ahead of the others and spur each other on.
    Not so this season it appears.

People don’t give up on this board do they.

Rather argue on and on rather than admit they’re wrong

People don’t give up on this board do they.

Rather argue on and on rather than admit they’re wrong
    Yes. I’ve noticed that about you 😁

Yes. I’ve noticed that about you 😁
    Aiiii

It is with the squad they’ve got. Don’t kid yourself. Liverpool and Man City are miles ahead of the others and spur each other on.
    Not so this season it appears.
    They are miles ahead of the others because they have the two best managers in the world.

They are miles ahead of the others because they have the two best managers in the world.
    Don’t be daft put Lennon and Warnock there with a few quid each and they’d both still be as good.

Don’t be daft put Lennon and Warnock there with a few quid each and they’d both still be as good.
    You 2 are on acid. Warnock and Lennon in charge of Man City and Liverpool would consistently finish above Pep and Clipperty in charge of Norwich and Brighton..

You 2 are on acid. Warnock and Lennon in charge of Man City and Liverpool would consistently finish above Pep and Clipperty in charge of Norwich and Brighton..
    Eh?