+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guardiola vs Warnock - Different Philosophies, Same Inspiration

Guardiola vs Warnock - Different Philosophies, Same Inspiration

Re: Guardiola vs Warnock - Different Philosophies, Same Inspiration

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Even given the dubious equivalence, I'm sure that in 20 years, Guardiola might look old school against the coaches of the day

There's no doubting eithers inspiration and commitment to the game .

I admire Warnock , he has survived to a ripe old age and manahed through huge changes in the game , probaly more than Pepe is more born into the modern game .

I wonder if Pepe makes it to 70 still mangaing and competing as the game moves on and beyond him .

I hope he has a Sharon to guide him.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

I admire Warnock , he has survived to a ripe old age and manahed through huge changes in the game , probaly more than Pepe is more born into the modern game .

I wonder if Pepe makes it to 70 still mangaing and competing as the game moves on and beyond him .

If he doesn't have a Sharon I guess all he will have to fall back on is his two storey cabinet of Europe's top trophies

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    If he doesn't have a Sharon I guess all he will have to fall back on is his two storey cabinet of Europe's top trophies
    I would guess that a player who say had been with Warnock for 10 years would end his time having had a better laugh, than a player who had done 10 years with Guardiola, wouldn't be so rich in monetary wealth or trophies in the bedside cabinet, but would be far more entertaining in the pub on a Sunday afternoon after a sesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I would guess that a player who say had been with Warnock for 10 years would end his time having had a better laugh, than a player who had done 10 years with Guardiola, wouldn't be so rich in monetary wealth or trophies in the bedside cabinet, but would be far more entertaining in the pub on a Sunday afternoon after a sesh.
    I guess on the basis of the OP that the argument is that Warnock can bring the equivalent level of inspiration to Pep forthe players that they had at their disposal. Fair enough.

The idea that if you swapped those managers for their teams and Warnock would have made Pep's team better than Pep would have made Warnock's is basically laughable!

Born into the modern game??

His legacy is he, more than any other manager, helped shape and create the modern game.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Born into the modern game??

His legacy is he, more than any other manager, helped shape and create the modern game.
    He didnt invent it though he grew with it alongside like minded experts and managers, along with a shit load of money to buy the very best , so he was on a win win .

Love to see Pepe's output if he was at Bury , bet Warnock would deliver a better result if both were given 6 months each to turn it around .

He didnt invent it though he grew with it alongside like minded experts and managers, along with a shit load of money to buy the very best , so he was on a win win .

Love to see Pepe's output if he was at Bury , bet Warnock would deliver a better result if both were given 6 months each to turn it around .
    Name me a manager more responsible for the way the modern game is played.?

He’s the most successful manager of the modern era for a reason and it’s not just down to money. His first job as Barca was to get rid of the 3 big name players.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pep-gu...ation_id=28649

You don’t have to manage teams like Torquay to glory to prove you are the best though.

The same way that Messi or Ronaldo don’t have to win the premier league with Stoke to prove they are the best players in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Even given the dubious equivalence, I'm sure that in 20 years, Guardiola might look old school against the coaches of the day
    Didn’t pep just take the cruyff idea of total football to a slightly new level? It was the man himself who brought his ideology to the non camp in the 80’s was it not?

Similarly it would be hilarious to see Warnock at Barcelona or Man City

I think I'd take the risk and hire Pep if I were in charge of Bury.

It is just down to money. Pep couldn’t win the champions league with Glasgow Rangers or Celtic, no more than Neil Lennon or Stevie G could.
    He can’t even win it with Man City, and they’ve got billions.
    Horses for courses,

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    It is just down to money. Pep couldn’t win the champions league with Glasgow Rangers or Celtic, no more than Neil Lennon or Stevie G could.
    Horses for courses,
    Yes, all down to money, nothing to do with Peps coaching. Thats why Man U are back to the top of the tree because of the money theyve spent.

Oh, wait a minute.....

Horses for courses,
    You think Neil Lennon could win the league with Man City? With the record number of points and style that Pep has done it?

The Celtic point is a bit silly really. It’s an achievement for them to get into the groups and an outstanding one to get them out of it.

You think Neil Lennon could win the league with Man City? With the record number of points and style that Pep has done it?
    The way he's going he's struggling to win the SPL with Celtic.

I’d say Neil Lennon would have a much better chance of winning the premiership with Man City than Pep would have winning the champions league with either Celtic or Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The Celtic point is a bit silly really. It’s an achievement for them to get into the groups and an outstanding one to get them out of it.
    Because they’ve not got the money that Man City have.

I’d say Neil Lennon would have a much better chance of winning the premiership with Man City than Pep would have winning the champions league with either Celtic or Rangers.
    Leighton James has more chance of winning the Premier League with Citeh than Guardiola has of winning the CL with a Scottish team.

Because they’ve not got the money that Man City have.
    I reckon pep would get them further than they’ve been in the CL before Lennon won the PL with Man City.

I would happily bet everything I’ve got on that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I reckon pep would get them further than they’ve been in the CL before Lennon won the PL with Man City.

I would happily bet everything I’ve got on that.
    You can only polish a turd so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Leighton James has more chance of winning the Premier League with Citeh than Guardiola has of winning the CL with a Scottish team.
    As I said above. Horses for courses.