+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cornelius

Cornelius

Started for Denmark last night in their win over The Swiss, and dragged a defender out of position for their winner.

https://twitter.com/lastrowview/stat...004023808?s=19

Re: Cornelius

Sign him up

One for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    One for the future.

FIVE years to late

He’s still crap

He was shit when he was here

Well said Tony

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    FIVE years to late

He’s still crap
    8 goals in 25 appearances for Denmark. How many of our present crop of strikers would do similar at international level?

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    He was shit when he was here
    He was injured after his first month here and didn't play for the next five months due to that injury. He was then sold without playing again. FACT.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    He was injured after his first month here and didn't play for the next five months due to that injury. He was then sold without playing again. FACT.

StT.
    <><
    8 games for us, 0 goals.

Averaging about 1 goal in 6 for the last 2 seasons too.

Quote Originally Posted by bezooo View Post
    8 games for us, 0 goals.

He played 105 minutes for us!

8 games for us, 0 goals.

In serie A he scores about 1 goal per 3x 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    <><
    Exactly my sentiments. He was never fit - and couldn't be properly judged.

I heard Warnock wanted to bring him back - until Vincent's face turned purple......

Andreas Cornelius didn't start a league game for City before being sold back to Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee.

Meanwhile, Gary Madine's league stats for Cardiff are as follows:

6 (+13) appearances, 0 goals.

This season he's made a grand total of one appearance in the Championship (in the first game) and hasn't been seen since. He can't even get on the bench.

Madine reportedly cost £6 million. Somehow, I can't see anyone buying him any time soon. Cornelius is regularly described as the worst transfer in City's history, but surely Madine will represent worse value for money unless he somehow works his way into the team and starts scoring goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Andreas Cornelius didn't start a league game for City before being sold back to Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee.

This season he's made a grand total of one appearance in the Championship (in the first game) and hasn't been seen since. He can't even get on the bench.

Madine reportedly cost £6 million. Somehow, I can't see anyone buying him any time soon. Cornelius is regularly described as the worst transfer in City's history, but surely Madine will represent worse value for money unless he somehow works his way into the team and starts scoring goals.
    There can't be many strikers in our history to have made as many appearances as Madine and not scored a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

We received a reported seven figure loan fee for Madine from Sheffield United last season plus a seven figure bonus for him when Sheffield Utd got promotion. Our net outlay on him is therefore considerably reduced and not bad value considering we got promotion with him in the squad and he contributed a number of assists, including to the equaliser at Sheffield United, without which we would not have gone up automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We received a reported seven figure loan fee for Madine from Sheffield United last season plus a seven figure bonus for him when Sheffield Utd got promotion. Our net outlay on him is therefore considerably reduced and not bad value considering we got promotion with him in the squad and he contributed a number of assists, including to the equaliser at Sheffield United, without which we would not have gone up automatically.
    I'm praying for the day we sell Madine. Although I've not been a fan of his since he signed for us, that's not the reason why I'm so desperate for him to go - it's to read what you start saying about him when he's no longer our player.

Heisenberg

Where were these figures reported? I find it hard to believe that Sheffield United agreed to pay at least a million pounds for a short-term loan deal... Never mind the inclusion of another million pounds on top of that for promotion.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm praying for the day we sell Madine. Although I've not been a fan of his since he signed for us, that's not the reason why I'm so desperate for him to go - it's to read what you start saying about him when he's no longer our player.
    I was thinking the same thing.

Any links to these reports you've read?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Where were these figures reported? I find it hard to believe that Sheffield United agreed to pay at least a million pounds for a short-term loan deal... Never mind the inclusion of another million pounds on top of that for promotion.
    A promotion payment due on a loan player is a new one for me

Two seven figure payments, at least £2 million Utter shite are the only two words I can use to describe these ‘reported’ figures!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There can't be many strikers in our history to have made as many appearances as Madine and not scored a goal.
    Feeney comes to mind.
    Even Eddie scored a couple and even an own goal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Feeney comes to mind.
    Even Eddie scored a couple and even an own goal.
    Good shout. I'd forgotten about him. He managed 7 starts and 15 substitute appearances for us in all competitions without a goal. Madine is 1 sub appearance from that record. Feeney didn't cost up to £6m though!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Good shout. I'd forgotten about him. He managed 7 starts and 15 substitute appearances for us in all competitions without a goal. Madine is 1 sub appearance from that record. Feeney didn't cost up to £6m though!
    That Doncaster game is one of my favourite city memories though, when he scored his first the bob bank went apeshit

8 games for us, 0 goals.
    Rubbish! Your facts are incorrect. He did not play 8 games for us! Eight games would make 720 mins. He actually played 107 mins for us in 8 substitute appearances. That's the equivalent of playing 1 game and 17 mins.

If you are interested he played:

Aug 25th 2013 … Man C (h) … 1 min
    *Nov 24th 2013 … Man U (h) … 6 mins
    Nov 30th 2013 … Arsenal (h) … 3 mins
    Dec 7th 2013 … C Pal (a) … 22 mins
    Dec 21st 2013 ...Liverpool (a) … 10 mins
    Dec 26th 2013 … Southampton (h) … 45 mins
    Dec 28th 2013 … Sunderland (h) … 8 mins
    Jan 11th 2014 … WHU (h) … 12 mins

* He suffered a very bad ankle injury in a cup game which meant he was out injured for 3 months before this game.

StT.
    <><