+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cornelius

Re: Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There can't be many strikers in our history to have made as many appearances as Madine and not scored a goal.
    Frederic Guonongbe made 14 appearances (per Wiki - or 15 per WalesOnline) over 2 years and didn't score. Free transfer though.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-city-16758127

There can't be many strikers in our history to have made as many appearances as Madine and not scored a goal.
    Derek Showers?

edit:
    just looked it up. According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Showers, 10 goals from 83

good grief. just realised madine could go through a "purple patch" of a goal every 5 games and easily beat 10 goals from 83

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Andreas Cornelius didn't start a league game for City before being sold back to Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee.

Meanwhile, Gary Madine's league stats for Cardiff are as follows:

6 (+13) appearances, 0 goals.

This season he's made a grand total of one appearance in the Championship (in the first game) and hasn't been seen since. He can't even get on the bench.

Madine reportedly cost £6 million. Somehow, I can't see anyone buying him any time soon. Cornelius is regularly described as the worst transfer in City's history, but surely Madine will represent worse value for money unless he somehow works his way into the team and starts scoring goals.
    My point entirely, TLG. There is far too much revisionism in some quarters which is obviously devoid of true facts. I've posted elsewhere a breakdown of Cornelius' 8 substitute appearances either side of a bad ankle injury that sidelined him for over half of the time he was at the Club.

The facts are beyond question. League games only.

Games Started/Substitute: Cornelius ... 0/8 Madine ... 5/14
    Minutes Played: Cornelius ... 107 Madine
    ... 603
    Full Games Equivalent: Cornelius ... 1g17mins Madine ... 6g63mins

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    That Doncaster game is one of my favourite city memories though, when he scored his first the bob bank went apeshit
    Which end😁 The Bob Bank going apeshit was an experience the younger generation will never experience. Happy days and glad to say "I was there"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    My point entirely, TLG. There is far too much revisionism in some quarters which is obviously devoid of true facts. I've posted elsewhere a breakdown of Cornelius' 8 substitute appearances either side of a bad ankle injury that sidelined him for over half of the time he was at the Club.

The facts are beyond question. League games only.

Games Started/Substitute: Cornelius ... 0/8 Madine ... 5/14
    Minutes Played: Cornelius ... 107 Madine
    ... 603
    Full Games Equivalent: Cornelius ... 1g17mins Madine ... 6g63mins

StT.
    <><
    Glatzel, interestingly, who the media and fans hold in high regard, has played 551 mins (6g11mins) before he scored his first goal in open play [and 426 mins (4g66mins) for his opening goal from the penalty spot.]

Yes, opinion sadly, shapes views more than facts where CCFC is concerned.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    We received a reported seven figure loan fee for Madine from Sheffield United last season plus a seven figure bonus for him when Sheffield Utd got promotion.
    Come on dml1954, aren't you going to tell us all the details of these loan fees and promotion bonuses? Surely you can provide some links to these 'reports' you've read?

8 goals in 25 appearances for Denmark. How many of our present crop of strikers would do similar at international level?

StT.
    <><
    4 goals isnt it?

That came in 3-0
    4-1
    5-0
    And 4-1 victories

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    4 goals isnt it?

That came in 3-0
    4-1
    5-0
    And 4-1 victories
    No he has scored 8, 3 in competitive matches and 5 in friendlies. Including a 1-1 draw in Mexico.

If he was Welsh he would probably have 50 caps by now

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    4 goals isnt it?

That came in 3-0
    4-1
    5-0
    And 4-1 victories
    I got the stat (8 goals) from Wiki.

StT.
    <><

Come on dml1954, aren't you going to tell us all the details of these loan fees and promotion bonuses? Surely you can provide some links to these 'reports' you've read?

I think it was word of mouth. One of the voices in head heard it from another voice who heard it from another voice who heard it in a dream.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Which end😁 The Bob Bank going apeshit was an experience the younger generation will never experience. Happy days and glad to say "I was there"
    I was in the middle of the terrace, there's a lot of positives about moving to a new stadium but "the surge" when we score a goal is something I do miss! If it was a biggie you'd end up miles away from where you started

Andreas Cornelius didn't start a league game for City before being sold back to Copenhagen for an undisclosed fee.

Meanwhile, Gary Madine's league stats for Cardiff are as follows:

6 (+13) appearances, 0 goals.

This season he's made a grand total of one appearance in the Championship (in the first game) and hasn't been seen since. He can't even get on the bench.

Madine reportedly cost £6 million. Somehow, I can't see anyone buying him any time soon. Cornelius is regularly described as the worst transfer in City's history, but surely Madine will represent worse value for money unless he somehow works his way into the team and starts scoring goals.

They were both terrible signings and a waste of a lot of money. Madine did contribute something in the promotion season but it was below de minimis; Cornelius contributed absolutely **** all. Not really sure there is any point in comparing inthem, both were awful transfers

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    They were both terrible signings and a waste of a lot of money. Madine did contribute something in the promotion season but it was below de minimis; Cornelius contributed absolutely **** all. Not really sure there is any point in comparing inthem, both were awful transfers
    Cornelius had a serious ankle injury that put him out of the game for 3 months. Either side of that he played the equivalent of 1 game 17 mins whilst at City. That seems a very short time to make your assessment. Its interesting to note that Glatzel played 6 games 11 mins before he scored his first goal from open play.

StT.
    <><

Cornelius had a serious ankle injury that put him out of the game for 3 months. Either side of that he played the equivalent of 1 game 17 mins whilst at City. That seems a very short time to make your assessment. Its interesting to note that Glatzel played 6 games 11 mins before he scored his first goal from open play.

StT.
    <><
    If he wasn't shite he would have played more. He didn't play more because he's shite. it was a car crash signing.

If he wasn't shite he would have played more. He didn't play more because he's shite. it was a car crash signing.
    He was injured for THREE of the five months he was at the Club.

StT.
    <><

That doesn’t seem very ‘optimistic’... 🤣

At the time Malky said he was a signing for the future.

At the time Malky said he was a signing for the future.
    Malky said that after it became obvious that he wasn't going to be a factor in helping us stay in the EPL.

Glatzel, interestingly, who the media and fans hold in high regard, has played 551 mins (6g11mins) before he scored his first goal in open play [and 426 mins (4g66mins) for his opening goal from the penalty spot.]

Yes, opinion sadly, shapes views more than facts where CCFC is concerned.

StT.
    <><
    Read the comments on here regarding Glatzel.

I like him, but he’s hardly held in good regard on here.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Read the comments on here regarding Glatzel.

I like him, but he’s hardly held in good regard on here.
    Are the comments on here representative of Cardiff City fans in general?

StT.
    <><

Are the comments on here representative of Cardiff City fans in general?

StT.
    <><
    No, thank god.

Just scored a Serie A hat trick...

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Can't be many former city players who have managed that!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Glatzel scored a hat trick against bayern.