+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    As can be seen in other parts of this forum, you have this habit of picking your favourites and then, after that, it doesn't matter what they do, you defend them no matter what. I'm not going to get too involved in this discussion except to say that the second photo Heisenberg posted looks terrible from a defensive point of view - it's criminal that there are six Welsh players in the penalty area and yet we have two Croatian players completely unmarked in shooting positions around fifteen to twenty yards from goal and I'm sure questions were asked in the Welsh camp after the amtch as to why Ampadu and Allen allowed such a situation to come about.
    They analysed it at half time, not sure of the pundit, but they said that it was fair enough for Allen to go across in that situation, but having seen that Allen had gone to the ball, Ampadu really should have held his position.

But he's still very young.

Re: FT: WALES 1 - 1 CROATIA. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They analysed it at half time, not sure of the pundit, but they said that it was fair enough for Allen to go across in that situation, but having seen that Allen had gone to the ball, Ampadu really should have held his position.

But he's still very young.
    Allen was yards behind Brekalu and effectively out of the game, as was the second defender who risked giving away a penalty if he tackled from behind. Ampadu is the only player who could have cut Brekalu off from goal if he had gone past the remaining defender. He did the similar thing in the Slovakia game. I still maintain that the CH should have stepped forward, but he is also young and inexperienced. Once the ball was played inside the CH was stuck in no mans land and their striker had a free shot at goal.