+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Washing Machine Repair

Re: Washing Machine Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I recieved a written warning for not wearing my hard hat while skimming ceilings on a Mc Alpine site.
    I’ve swerved the sites for years and concentrate on private work, you work very hard on sites to make a lot of money for somebody else. And, although I’m all for sensible h & s, the safety rules have gone overboard from what I’ve heard. The restrictive gear that operatives are required to wear is prohibitive to production, ok if every one is on say £25 per hour with all the benefits but if, as is the norm, it’s price work it’s just not fair, bugger the sites!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve swerved the sites for years and concentrate on private work, you work very hard on sites to make a lot of money for somebody else. And, although I’m all for sensible h & s, the safety rules have gone overboard from what I’ve heard. The restrictive gear that operatives are required to wear is prohibitive to production, ok if every one is on say £25 per hour with all the benefits but if, as is the norm, it’s price work it’s just not fair, bugger the sites!!
    Clever people have invented cameras with facial recognition that can tell if you are not wearing the appropriate gear in certain areas; identify you; and send off an automated bollocking. Lovely. Pity the train companies cannot use it to automatically issue refunds for delays.

Anyways, tumble dryer man came around. He replaced some electrical stuff and it’s now working fine. He also showed me how to clean the filter properly so that was a bonus. It took him about 20mins. It would have cost £100 but instead we signed up for a care plan at £8 a month for 12 months which covered the repair and any others. Prudently therefore, let’s say we paid £96 for it.

How is this a 5-pager?

[QUOTE=Kitman;5014133]How is this a 5-pager?
    I know, it’s working out at £19.80 a page so far, scandalous!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    How is this a 5-pager?
    Because some fannies had a go at OP for trying to rip off poor self employed workers by asking for the 15 minute job to be done for less than £99 he was quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because some fannies had a go at OP for trying to rip off poor self employed workers by asking for the 15 minute job to be done for less than £99 he was quoted.
    But it's worked out well, I even apologised and offered to help out if I could, and nick got a cracking care plan on his tumble dryer, that's not to be sniffed at.

But it's worked out well, I even apologised and offered to help out if I could, and nick got a cracking care plan on his tumble dryer, that's not to be sniffed at.
    You mentioned wet work AND you solve problems

You're Winston Wolf aren't you?

Of course it’s worked out nicely, but it is how it started and got to five pages I’ve just answered the question asked :D

Of course it’s worked out nicely, but it is how it started and got to five pages I’ve just answered the question asked :D
    Elwood's fault, he mentioned the cheap word, me and splotty get a bit upset when that happens! Anyway, I fancy us tonight, solid 2-0 win with goals from flint and ralls.

Elwood's fault, he mentioned the cheap word, me and splotty get a bit upset when that happens! Anyway, I fancy us tonight, solid 2-0 win with goals from flint and ralls.
    No goals and an absolute shower of shit performance off two really shite to watch teams.

No goals and an absolute shower of shit performance off two really shite to watch teams.
    It's likely.

It's likely.
    I hope my IPTV plays up so I don’t have to endure it.

9 days and 136 posts since this thread started and my washing machine has now broken down. I don't think I'll be consulting any of the posts to figure out what I need to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    9 days and 136 posts since this thread started and my washing machine has now broken down. I don't think I'll be consulting any of the posts to figure out what I need to do next.
    You have my sympathy.

Despite all those posts no one ever recommended a good repair man!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You have my sympathy.

None out there mate, people just don't want to pay the going rate

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    You have my sympathy.

Dear God EB, you wants it all 😂😂😂

I got my washing machine from a charity shop 3 years ago, works great

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I got my washing machine from a charity shop 3 years ago, works great
    Delmi,Delmi,Delmi why the hell didn’t you pass this information on 5 pages ago

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Delmi,Delmi,Delmi why the hell didn’t you pass this information on 5 pages ago
    Because what if mine breaks and I need a new one? Got to look after #1

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Because what if mine breaks and I need a new one? Got to look after #1
    Very true, I reckon I could maintain a Beijing laundrette after devouring the five pages