Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
Alot of people who are self employed end up doiIng so because there isn't much alternative. I was for 25 years, in the building trade. We don't charge more, if you end up on site then the contractor usually sets the price, or the market if you like, and the market isn't really set up for those who actually put the work in. If you've been self employed then you'll know how much work you have to put in for free, like pricing up jobs, paperwork etc. when all taken into account you can end up working 80-90 hours a week. I'm sure that Elwood will find someone cheaper, there's always somebody cheaper, although that doesn't always constitute value for money in the same way as paying top dollar always doesn't. He's got a problem that he can't fix, he doesn't have the knowledge or the skills, i'd say that £99 is reasonable enough.
I do have the knowledge, I do probably have(or did have the skills)but if you had bothered reading my response above I have problems getting down to the work due to my legs Oh and my hands are getting a bit stiff as well.

All I am trying to do is make my pension stretch a bit further by putting a bit of work in the way of a decent local tradesman

And perhaps I should have said cheaper rather than cheap.

When I have seen similar threads before usually people have provided a name some helpful advice

I get people who seem to think I am trying to fleece the working and should.think I should be grateful for paying a hundred quid for a 15 to 20 minute job with no parts needed.

That doesn't apply to all of you of course.