+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Washing Machine Repair

Re: Washing Machine Repair

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    indeed, i bet you are right about the lad

but £400 isnt enough for a SE'ed person to earn a week imho, his fuel and van costs might cost him £50, then add tools and time off, its just not enough
    Agreed, I did say something along the lines of it not being great my point was it wasn’t terrible as such.

Maybe he was off the books too..

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm in birchgrove, i don't mind popping up after work to do it for you if I don't mind helping out a fellow city fan. Didn't realise that you had problems with your knees. Let me know, dan.
    Sorry only just seen this.

Thanks for the offer much appreciated

I'd forgotten my Bosch warrant was two years. Thought I'd better get it done with them in that case, but still expected I would have to pay because I though they would regard a stuck and probably blocked filter as my fault.

However they say there will be no charge.

Only downside is that they can't come until next Monday 21st.

Couple of launderette trips this week then.

Thats the machine sorted.

Now when can you fix my knees...........!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Sorry only just seen this.

Thanks for the offer much appreciated

I'd forgotten my Bosch warrant was two years. Thought I'd better get it done with them in that case, but still expected I would have to pay because I though they would regard a stuck and probably blocked filter as my fault.

However they say there will be no charge.

Only downside is that they can't come until next Monday 21st.

Couple of launderette trips this week then.

Thats the machine sorted.

Now when can you fix my knees...........!
    Worked out well then. I'll apologise for my initial response, was a bit curt. As for the knees? I've got a hammer, bolster and a tube of Mastic in the van-i'm up for it if you are

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Don’t charge a bit more than expected or it’ll be you having trouble with your knees, trying to get up after an hour or two on them begging
    Don't start I can tell you've worked in the building game, the bitterness is squeezing through my keyboard

Don't start I can tell you've worked in the building game, the bitterness is squeezing through my keyboard
    Still battling on in the game, although I may have to miss a few days soon, I’m running out of dry clothes!!! Worst spell of rain that I can remember, I’m toying with the idea of getting permanent indoor work.............................................. .....something along the lines of a washing machine repair man

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Wow. A City fan that does knee replacements on home visits.
    Brilliant

Also, nice one Tuerto, nice to see a bit of kindness on here

Still battling on in the game, although I may have to miss a few days soon, I’m running out of dry clothes!!! Worst spell of rain that I can remember, I’m toying with the idea of getting permanent indoor work.............................................. .....something along the lines of a washing machine repair man
    I remember doing a fine down detached house summer 2012, it rained every other day for two months, job took forever.

I remember doing a fine down detached house summer 2012, it rained every other day for two months, job took forever.
    And we come the full circle........good job you never charged £99

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I agree.

And we come the full circle........good job you never charged £99
    Are you a wet trade? I'm a Plasterer so i'm lucky in respect that i can work inside, i feel sorry for brickies. The worst is when you make a call on the weather first thing and the bloody sun comes out at 11am!

Are you a wet trade? I'm a Plasterer so i'm lucky in respect that i can work inside, i feel sorry for brickies. The worst is when you make a call on the weather first thing and the bloody sun comes out at 11am!

I have a extension on the go, 2 storey and complete rear of a house, end of last month they had to start to pay weekly for the scaffold, still just upto 1st floor lift, customer isnt happy

I have a extension on the go, 2 storey and complete rear of a house, end of last month they had to start to pay weekly for the scaffold, still just upto 1st floor lift, customer isnt happy
    How long can you have the scaffold at a fixed price? is it 6 weeks?

How long can you have the scaffold at a fixed price? is it 6 weeks?
    6 or 8 weeks though i have in the past had it for 12 weeks on a fixed price

6 or 8 weeks though i have in the past had it for 12 weeks on a fixed price
    There's scaffolding everywhere in NYC. It's not uncommon for it to be up for years. Some buildings have had it up for 10 years or more.

First washing machines, now scaffolding.

Best thread ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Best thread ever.
    I’m waiting for the fork lift to come into the equation to lift the washing machine to save his knees😂

I’m waiting for the fork lift to come into the equation to lift the washing machine to save his knees😂
    Fork handles?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

Best thread ever.
    At least we haven"t mentioned Brexi......

Oops nearly!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Fork handles?
    four candles.jpg

Talking of washing machines, what about that advert with the cross country runners in white t shirts, they get absolutely plastered in mud, bang ‘em in the machine & they come out sparkling. They’re 50p a t shirt in Primark for Christ’s sake, why bother? ...........I’ve been waiting to get this off my chest for weeks, very useful thread this👍

Talking of washing machines, what about that advert with the cross country runners in white t shirts, they get absolutely plastered in mud, bang ‘em in the machine & they come out sparkling. They’re 50p a t shirt in Primark for Christ’s sake, why bother? ...........I’ve been waiting to get this off my chest for weeks, very useful thread this👍
    This thread could run and run (no pun intended!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    This thread could run and run (no pun intended!)
    A cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle should stop that - according to those fine folks on the interweb!

I've been watching washing powder adverts for over 40 years and each time they talk about the clothes being whiter than white.

My angst is that how many shades of white has each improvement gotten over the years? Surely at some point white can get no whiter and the powder we buy today isn't much different to how it was years ago.

We could now open up a tangent on the environmental cost of a throwaway society but I'd rather keep it on tangible subjects like the ones already discussed. So other alternative talking points raised by this post include: quality of discount sports gear in Aldi/Lidl; the horror of Primark; Danny baker adverts.

Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to

'Washing machine repairs, life,the universe and everything'

Thats probably killed it now!