+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Washing Machine Repair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Washing Machine Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    We deserve it, it's not unusual to go to a house and find that they've got 4 washing machines, all with the same problem at the same time-Good work if you can get it
    What sort of pervert has 4 washing machines?!

I did once view a house with a family with something like 6 kids living there. They had a huge utility room with 2 machines and 2 driers (all toploaders too) which I thought was excessive. They also had a stripper pole in one of the bedrooms. It's not right.

In related news, my tumble dryer has broken. Someone is coming out tomorrow to look at it. I'll report back on cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

I did once view a house with a family with something like 6 kids living there. They had a huge utility room with 2 machines and 2 driers (all toploaders too) which I thought was excessive. They also had a stripper pole in one of the bedrooms. It's not right.

In related news, my tumble dryer has broken. Someone is coming out tomorrow to look at it. I'll report back on cost.
    I worked on a house with one of those stripper poles. Two women who both living there who both worked at a lap dancing club-Guess what i was doing when they left for work?

I worked on a house with one of those stripper poles. Two women who both living there who both worked at a lap dancing club-Guess what i was doing when they left for work?
    Polishing up around the bell drip area perhaps

We deserve it, it's not unusual to go to a house and find that they've got 4 washing machines, all with the same problem at the same time-Good work if you can get it

We can make this a music thread now

"It's not usual" Tom Jones

"Good work if you can get it" George and Ira Gershwin ( It's actually Nice not Good but near enough!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    We can make this a music thread now

"It's not usual" Tom Jones

"Good work if you can get it" George and Ira Gershwin ( It's actually Nice not Good but near enough!)
    Fair play (Soul 2 Soul) you're a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

And time, don't forget time.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve swerved the sites for years and concentrate on private work, you work very hard on sites to make a lot of money for somebody else. And, although I’m all for sensible h & s, the safety rules have gone overboard from what I’ve heard. The restrictive gear that operatives are required to wear is prohibitive to production, ok if every one is on say £25 per hour with all the benefits but if, as is the norm, it’s price work it’s just not fair, bugger the sites!!
    Clever people have invented cameras with facial recognition that can tell if you are not wearing the appropriate gear in certain areas; identify you; and send off an automated bollocking. Lovely. Pity the train companies cannot use it to automatically issue refunds for delays.

Anyways, tumble dryer man came around. He replaced some electrical stuff and it’s now working fine. He also showed me how to clean the filter properly so that was a bonus. It took him about 20mins. It would have cost £100 but instead we signed up for a care plan at £8 a month for 12 months which covered the repair and any others. Prudently therefore, let’s say we paid £96 for it.

How is this a 5-pager?

[QUOTE=Kitman;5014133]How is this a 5-pager?
    I know, it’s working out at £19.80 a page so far, scandalous!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    How is this a 5-pager?
    Because some fannies had a go at OP for trying to rip off poor self employed workers by asking for the 15 minute job to be done for less than £99 he was quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Because some fannies had a go at OP for trying to rip off poor self employed workers by asking for the 15 minute job to be done for less than £99 he was quoted.
    But it's worked out well, I even apologised and offered to help out if I could, and nick got a cracking care plan on his tumble dryer, that's not to be sniffed at.

But it's worked out well, I even apologised and offered to help out if I could, and nick got a cracking care plan on his tumble dryer, that's not to be sniffed at.
    You mentioned wet work AND you solve problems

You're Winston Wolf aren't you?

Of course it’s worked out nicely, but it is how it started and got to five pages I’ve just answered the question asked :D

Of course it’s worked out nicely, but it is how it started and got to five pages I’ve just answered the question asked :D
    Elwood's fault, he mentioned the cheap word, me and splotty get a bit upset when that happens! Anyway, I fancy us tonight, solid 2-0 win with goals from flint and ralls.

Elwood's fault, he mentioned the cheap word, me and splotty get a bit upset when that happens! Anyway, I fancy us tonight, solid 2-0 win with goals from flint and ralls.
    No goals and an absolute shower of shit performance off two really shite to watch teams.

No goals and an absolute shower of shit performance off two really shite to watch teams.
    It's likely.

It's likely.
    I hope my IPTV plays up so I don’t have to endure it.

9 days and 136 posts since this thread started and my washing machine has now broken down. I don't think I'll be consulting any of the posts to figure out what I need to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    9 days and 136 posts since this thread started and my washing machine has now broken down. I don't think I'll be consulting any of the posts to figure out what I need to do next.
    You have my sympathy.

Despite all those posts no one ever recommended a good repair man!

You have my sympathy.

None out there mate, people just don't want to pay the going rate

You have my sympathy.

Dear God EB, you wants it all 😂😂😂

I got my washing machine from a charity shop 3 years ago, works great

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I got my washing machine from a charity shop 3 years ago, works great
    Delmi,Delmi,Delmi why the hell didn’t you pass this information on 5 pages ago

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Delmi,Delmi,Delmi why the hell didn’t you pass this information on 5 pages ago
    Because what if mine breaks and I need a new one? Got to look after #1