+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Prison Justice served ? ? ? return of the death sentence ? ? ?

Re: Prison Justice served ? ? ? return of the death sentence ? ? ?

So the vast majority on here are dead against (excuse the pun) the death penalty.
    I am among that no. as well.
    What I am for though in these cases like Sutcliffe, Huntley, Hindley, Brady etc is life in a small cell, with a toilet in it, and basic food like bread and water., with absolutely no privileges.
    Anyone disagree with this?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    So the vast majority on here are dead against (excuse the pun) the death penalty.
    What I am for though in these cases like Sutcliffe, Huntley, Hindley, Brady etc is life in a small cell, with a toilet in it, and basic food like bread and water., with absolutely no privileges.
    Nope, I agree.
    I believe that’s a fate worse than death. Death is an easy way out for those sickos.

Heisenberg

I totally agree.

Going to prison is supposed to be a punishment and be part of a criminal's rehabilitation. It's my opinion that some people simply cannot be rehabilitated (like the one's that you've named) and then rejoin society. They shouldn't face the death penalty, but made to live with the consequences of their actions every minute of every day instead.

That is a soft punishment compared to taking someone's life away. It is wrong not to kill them.

There are three main groups in the world – bad people, good people who think bad people are not really bad and good people who know bad people are bad. Society is now under the control of the first two groups. The bad people are being protected by the do-gooders. Christianity is a big part of the problem. Every clear thinking person knows that The Parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard is nonsense. Richard in that great film Dead Man’s Shoes summed it up perfectly : “God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.”

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    That is a soft punishment compared to taking someone's life away. It is wrong not to kill them.

There are three main groups in the world – bad people, good people who think bad people are not really bad and good people who know bad people are bad. Society is now under the control of the first two groups. The bad people are being protected by the do-gooders. Christianity is a big part of the problem. Every clear thinking person knows that The Parable of the Labourers in the Vineyard is nonsense. Richard in that great film Dead Man’s Shoes summed it up perfectly : “God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that.”
    I had this bizarre idea in my head that Christianity in all it's forms has a greater foothold in the death penalty friendly US than in the UK but don't let that stand in the way of your theory.

Killing them isn’t a punishment for some of these sickos though. Once they’re dead, they can’t feel anything, done. Who will it benefit?
    Being in prison for 40/50/60 years, looking at the same 4 walls for the rest of your life is a far bigger punishment I find and they would probably prefer death.

No hope of rehabilitation, I would probably make it a tad more hospitable but I am basically on board.

I would have it back.

It wont ever happen though.

One of the issues you have is if you are capable of this stuff you surely have mental problems. Its then having to work out to what cappacity.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over criminals being killed

Unless you believe in a literal hell how is being killed worse than being kept locked up for your whole life? For me the death penalty isn't really a bad punishment because you can't experience it.

I'm all for the very worst being locked up in a cell with no comforts as WT has stated. That for me is a much worse punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Unless you believe in a literal hell how is being killed worse than being kept locked up for your whole life? For me the death penalty isn't really a bad punishment because you can't experience it.

I'm all for the very worst being locked up in a cell with no comforts as WT has stated. That for me is a much worse punishment.
    If life in prison was worse than death then most lifers would kill themselves. The fact that they don't is proof that death is a worse punishment.

There is an interesting case going on at the moment which exposes the hypocrisy of our government. They are blaming Trump for not extraditing the American base car driver and yet we are protecting two Indian/British people from being tried for murder in India. The crime they are accused of is not uncommon in some parts of the world. Evil people are adopting orphans for the sole purpose of insuring them and then killing them for the insurance payout. Anyone who thinks these murderers do not deserve death is mentally unbalanced. Yes, I'm looking at some of you nutjobs on here. Imagine doing this to poor orphans who have already suffered so much.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/india-extr...121219294.html

If life in prison was worse than death then most lifers would kill themselves. The fact that they don't is proof that death is a worse punishment.

There is an interesting case going on at the moment which exposes the hypocrisy of our government. They are blaming Trump for not extraditing the American base car driver and yet we are protecting two Indian/British people from being tried for murder in India. The crime they are accused of is not uncommon in some parts of the world. Evil people are adopting orphans for the sole purpose of insuring them and then killing them for the insurance payout. Anyone who thinks these murderers do not deserve death is mentally unbalanced. Yes, I'm looking at some of you nutjobs on here. Imagine doing this to poor orphans who have already suffered so much.

Not heard of that one. Pack them off.

We must have some Americans we can trade for the Dunn killer. Or is it a case of they say send them back here and we listen to them straight away. India not so much.

You calling someonelse a 'nutjob' is quite astounding.

Over 140 countries in the world don't have the death penalty and India has executed 4 people in the last 20 years. There seem to be an awful lot of unbalanced nutjobs out there!

For those in favour, what crimes should be punished by the death penalty then? Where do we draw the line?

The fixation by some to make the worst possible punishment, is strange to me.
    Surely what everyone wants is the safest possible country, and there is a lot of evidence that this isn't achieved by the death penalty.
    I certainly wouldn't want a government who were as fixated on vengeance

For those in favour, what crimes should be punished by the death penalty then? Where do we draw the line?
    It is easy. To have justice the punishment must be as great as the crime. You wouldn't kill people for theft because that punishment is far greater than the crime.

It is easy. To have justice the punishment must be as great as the crime. You wouldn't kill people for theft because that punishment is far greater than the crime.
    So only killing people then?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The fixation by some to make the worst possible punishment, is strange to me.
    Surely what everyone wants is the safest possible country, and there is a lot of evidence that this isn't achieved by the death penalty.
    I certainly wouldn't want a government who were as fixated on vengeance
    What you call vengeance many people call justice. I suppose you are one of those forgive and forget types. That's easy when you are not a victim yourself.

Thats far too general.

What if you get into an altercation with someone and you feel a bit threatened and lash out and they fall and hit their head on the ground and die, do you get a death sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Thats far too general.
    That's the point, what if someone is fighting and kills someone by accident? What if someone is speeding and kills someone? Does he want all rape included? Or just when kids are involved?

And who's drawing this line? The current Government? Would you trust them to select the "right" crimes?

That's the point, what if someone is fighting and kills someone by accident? What if someone is speeding and kills someone? Does he want all rape included? Or just when kids are involved?

And who's drawing this line? The current Government? Would you trust them to select the "right" crimes?
    Then you have to look at it as an individual case. The same crimes are not punishable by the same sentences at the moment are they? Theres not set punishments for set crimes. There's guidelines and the judge decides.

So you'd be happy for a judge to decide if something is worth killing someone for?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    What if you get into an altercation with someone and you feel a bit threatened and lash out and they fall and hit their head on the ground and die, do you get a death sentence?
    The courts and the police know what is murder and what is manslaughter or killing in self-defence.

So you'd be happy for a judge to decide if something is worth killing someone for?
    Someone has got to make a decision about everything.