+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Prison Justice served ? ? ? return of the death sentence ? ? ?

Re: Prison Justice served ? ? ? return of the death sentence ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    For those in favour, what crimes should be punished by the death penalty then? Where do we draw the line?
    Serial killers and child rapists for a start. They are not human beings, they are vile rabid animals that need to be treated as such. Sexual predators caught grooming on line should have life imprisonment.

I'd be all for the option of keeping them locked up in a small cell with gruel, bread and water. If they were there until they die.

The sentences handed out are appalling (Child offenders). These animals will never be rehabilitated and they're let back out to re-offend.

I don't care if they go in, get stabbed/beat to death, die of old age or die via death penalty, when they go into prison they should never come back out.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Who’s mentioned torture?
    In the very next post:

"I'd be all for the option of keeping them locked up in a small cell with gruel, bread and water. If they were there until they die."

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    I can't believe we have moved from "shall we kill them?" to "shall we torture them?". The latter will inevitably lead to the former because it's already showing a complete lack of humanity, which is actually what you're saying should be punished in the first place.

It seems to be a conversation that it heading towards asking if the prison system is tough enough. It's certainly tough enough for people who don't want to commit crime and wouldn't be able to escape the consequences which leaves you with the people making the case for tougher sentences (at the moment it seems like this group are breaking rules/laws but can escape the consequences) because of those who are willing to commit crime (who have factored in the consequences already).
    The individual in the OP, and the sort of individuals further being discussed,don’t deserve to be called human and certainly don’t deserve to be treated with any sort of humanity.

We’re not talking about killing off or mistreating some petty criminal who turned to shoplifting or sells drugs to make a few quid and may have a chance of rehabilitation.

In the very next post:

"I'd be all for the option of keeping them locked up in a small cell with gruel, bread and water. If they were there until they die."
    You think serial killers and child rapists deserve better?

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Whether murderers deserve death is a separate question to how do we know if someone is guilty of murder. We don't have a good legal system and we don't know for certain if anyone is really guilty of any crime. But we still have to arrest and punish people.

We don't have perfect knowledge. I was once accused of something I didn't do. It wasn't anything to do with the police but if it had gone before a judge and a jury they would never have believed me. If I just had the facts of the incident I would never have believed my explanation. It was ridiculous but it was also true. It caused me some trouble at the time but it is all long ago and forgotten by everyone except myself. If the accusation had been murder I would have gone to gallows laughing at the bizarreness of it. I would have accepted that the judge and the jury had made the correct decision given the facts. We live in a world where injustice is bound to happen. The best we can do is find the wisest judges and juries. Maybe we should have IQ restrictions on who can sit in judge of us.
    But fundamentally you are pro the death penalty and would like to see it brought back. I think that if you brought it back, by the law of averages there would inevitably at some point be a misscarriage of justice and that even just one of those is too many.

In the very next post:

You made your remark before that post (obviously) so I’m guessing you were referring to being locked up 23 hours/ minimum food water/ no books and no visitors?

An ex of mine opened up to me about her Dad, who was a horrible bastard of a “man”. Saw her a few days ago, we still get along because I’m the only person she’s ever opened up to completely, and trust me she is still visibly tortured by it.

So if feeding them and sheltering them is “torture” then **** them.

I said no to the death penalty for a few reasons, one being that we don’t know what crimes/where does it all end. So people that support these monsters human rights, where do they end? How good are they allowed to have it?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The individual in the OP, and the sort of individuals further being discussed,don’t deserve to be called human and certainly don’t deserve to be treated with any sort of humanity.

We’re not talking about killing off or mistreating some petty criminal who turned to shoplifting or sells drugs to make a few quid and may have a chance of rehabilitation.
    Honestly, some people.

No wonder there are people out there defending these monsters human rights. **** sake.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s because it was like living in a hotel.
    4 walls to stare at for 24 hrs, only bread and water, and a shitter that only gets cleaned once a week.
    Think he might consider doing himself in then.
    jesus, this thread is like a Harry Enfield sketch, You and a few others are giving the details a little to much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Honestly, some people.

No wonder there are people out there defending these monsters human rights. **** sake.
    Lock em up Count of Monte Cristo style I say. Without the happy ending.

Then I’ll agree to it being a better alternative than the death sentence.

Lock em up Count of Monte Cristo style I say. Without the happy ending.

Then I’ll agree to it being a better alternative than the death sentence.
    Had to google that then. Not seen it..

Maybe to some I was over board with the no letters/visitors/books but I stand by it.

How nice do people want us to be to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    jesus, this thread is like a Harry Enfield sketch, You and a few others are giving the details a little to much thought.
    And your point is caller?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Had to google that then. Not seen it..

Maybe to some I was over board with the no letters/visitors/books but I stand by it.

How nice do people want us to be to them?
    Good film. Watch it when you have a few hours to spare.

People just try be to so liberal they lose sight of the real issue.

Even better book though I guess the debate about crime and punishment have moved on since the 1850's!

Try to make allowances for Dai Vincent 'cause he's as old as the hills. He's off his cake most of the time as staff at his care home will confirm. Poor sod wets himself more times per day than Liz and Phil the Greek combined do.

Will give it a go over the weekend, cheers.

Easy one , death penalty for child murders serious abuses , serial killers, mass terrorists like the Manchester arena,.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Try to make allowances for Dai Vincent 'cause he's as old as the hills. He's off his cake most of the time as staff at his care home will confirm. Poor sod wets himself more times per day than Liz and Phil the Greek combined do.
    Can we stick murders in care homes? They seem worse than prisons.

Can we stick murders in care homes? They seem worse than prisons.
    Thats all thanks to you and your ilk

We don't have perfect knowledge. I was once accused of something I didn't do. It wasn't anything to do with the police but if it had gone before a judge and a jury they would never have believed me. If I just had the facts of the incident I would never have believed my explanation. It was ridiculous but it was also true. It caused me some trouble at the time but it is all long ago and forgotten by everyone except myself. If the accusation had been murder I would have gone to gallows laughing at the bizarreness of it. I would have accepted that the judge and the jury had made the correct decision given the facts. We live in a world where injustice is bound to happen. The best we can do is find the wisest judges and juries. Maybe we should have IQ restrictions on who can sit in judge of us.
    And that is getting to that stage of arrest and investigation! It is well known that the upper echelons of the rich and powerful are crawling with rapist, murders and especially child abusers. Whether it be, police, politicians, church and the royal families. Yet all these raging frothing at the mouth knee jerks on here won't lift a finger to help remove this protective layer. Just sneer from the sidelines and throw rotten fruit.

Prison. The rich never enter, the poor never leave.

I agree, it's definitely his fault

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Who the hell opened your crypt?

Organ, I don’t think this thread is a safe space for you. The hardliners on here are talking about torturing people. Given your unnatural sexual proclivities I think you could be on their list. Especially as some of them are animal lovers but not in your sense of the phrase.

Yeah my book keeping for all the old people's homes has fallen behind in fairness

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    And that is getting to that stage of arrest and investigation! It is well known that the upper echelons of the rich and powerful are crawling with rapist, murders and especially child abusers. Whether it be, police, politicians, church and the royal families. Yet all these raging frothing at the mouth knee jerks on here won't lift a finger to help remove this protective layer. Just sneer from the sidelines and throw rotten fruit.

Prison. The rich never enter, the poor never leave.
    I don’t think there is evidence of rampant rape, murder or child abuse by the upper classes. In fact, I don’t even think that Jimmy Savile did any more groping than the average dj or pop star in the 1960s or 70s. Nearly everything you read in the papers is either a lie, an exaggeration or a misunderstanding.

I don’t think there is evidence of rampant rape, murder or child abuse by the upper classes. In fact, I don’t even think that Jimmy Savile did any more groping than the average dj or pop star in the 1960s or 70s. Nearly everything you read in the papers is either a lie, an exaggeration or a misunderstanding.
    You have to be on a wind up

You have to be on a wind up
    Probably another nut job that subscribes to Q anon or whatever his name is on YouTube