+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Was Giggs very "streetwise" in his comments re Dan James head injury

Was Giggs very "streetwise" in his comments re Dan James head injury

We have had a few people, myself included, on the Wales v Croatia match thread mentioning the Croats "strong arm tactics" on Sunday but that is not what is making the news..

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...-in-wales-draw

We all know that in modern day football you have to 'play the game' in order to get decisions but should a manager blatantly spell it out for the media?

I stand by what was said regarding some awful challenges by Croatia and I wonder if this would be reported the same had England been kicked off the park.
    That said, Giggs has an awful lot to learn about being a manager, not just on the park.

Re: Was Giggs very "streetwise" in his comments re Dan James head injury

No. It was a daft thing to say. Especially for someone with his experience and being managed by that wily old fox Fergie for so long.

I'm glad it's not just me who thought that they kicked us off the park. Dreadful display.

Terrible thing to say.

Basically admitting that one of his players faked being unconscious to gain an advantage could be seen as bringing the game into disrepute. Wont do Dan James any favours in the future either.

It’s made the news ahead of their cynical and sometimes dirty tactics because that’s what Giggs probably said in his interview the ****ing trolley.

I’ve not rewatched it but I think James was unconscious, albeit very briefly and I think as we ignored the concussion protocols Giggs thought saying this was the lesser of the evils...f3cking twat that he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wont do Dan James any favours in the future either.
    Yup. He's already got a rep for diving highlighted by the media and followed through by some refs.

I'd be a little bit peeved with my boss's comments if I was DJ.

I think he was just playing down the fact that it was a head injury and that Wales didn't follow the proper protocols. (the co-commentator over he was freaking the **** out that he wasn't taken off the field immediately) I think Giggs has done OK with this one. Didn't even look like a head injury to me.