Thread: Traffic Queue Jumpers

Traffic Queue Jumpers

Why are they always men?

Re: Traffic Queue Jumpers

They aren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why are they always men?
    If we're going to do stereotypes then what is it about BMW drivers and aggression? closely followed by Audi drivers.

I've had an Audi for a couple of years, and I love it. But after reading more than once that Audi drivers are thoughtless, and that they never let anyone in (or out), I've tried to put right this misapprehension, by letting people out of side turnings, and generally being nice on the road. Does it do me any good? Nope. People are so convinced that I'm one of those nasty Audi drivers, that I don't get let out (or in, or whatever). So I have to edge in, edge out.... and we're back to where we started.

Queue jumping how?
    Are we talking two lanes merging into one?

Banned

Why are they always men?
    How is it possible to jump a traffic queue? I'm guessing there are two lanes merging into one, and you're one of the prats that ignores 500m of usable road and makes the queue longer in doing so by getting into the left lane 1000m before you need to.

Is this the M4 westbound?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Queue jumping how?
    One of those situations you feel shit whatever lane you are in. If I'm in a "why is everyone queuing 800m out in one lane when there are two for another 800m" then I feel a twat as I try to find a space from a good samatitan who isn't beeping at me. Then when I'm the mug on the inside I feel a twat for not just going in the outside lane.

The slip road to get the bypass by pontptennau going into town is the best example, people will queue sometimes onto the roundabout when there is a perfectly good 2nd lane designed for the purpose of easing that congestion off the roundabout.

The worst ones both male and female, are the cretins who try and pull into the Coryton junction east bound at the last minute and junction 33 in the morning westbound. Death waiting to happen

As we're on the subject of traffic: I cant stand it when people have pulled over at night with their headlights on.

Also, people who shoot out of junctions causing me to brake suddenly and then go 25mph for the next few miles.

One more, kids on the back of school buses waving at me innocently and harmlessly at first - I reciprocate and then they vick me!

Why are they always men?
    Because the women are driving at 10 mph

Only joking Auntie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    One of those situations you feel shit whatever lane you are in. If I'm in a "why is everyone queuing 800m out in one lane when there are two for another 800m" then I feel a twat as I try to find a space from a good samatitan who isn't beeping at me. Then when I'm the mug on the inside I feel a twat for not just going in the outside lane.

The slip road to get the bypass by pontptennau going into town is the best example, people will queue sometimes onto the roundabout when there is a perfectly good 2nd lane designed for the purpose of easing that congestion off the roundabout.
    Doesn't matter if you feel a prat or not, the road is usable until you approach the cones. If people are beeping and not letting you in, then they're the ones who are prats for being illogical.

Top of Nantgarw Hill in Caerphilly is the worst for this. Numpties queuing halfway down the hill and then refusing to let anyone in using the merge lane. Half of this country doesn’t know how to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Top of Nantgarw Hill in Caerphilly is the worst for this. Numpties queuing halfway down the hill and then refusing to let anyone in using the merge lane. Half of this country doesn’t know how to drive.
    Absolutely no need to merge there though. The traffic flows without 2 lanes going into 1

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    As we're on the subject of traffic: I cant stand it when people have pulled over at night with their headlights on.

Also, people who shoot out of junctions causing me to brake suddenly and then go 25mph for the next few miles.

One more, kids on the back of school buses waving at me innocently and harmlessly at first - I reciprocate and then they vick me!
    The stupid c unt who had his main beam on when stationary caused me to have the only accident , touchwood, that was deemed to be my fault. I hate it when people are parked on the road with their headlights on.

Not saying anything
    but in before the delete.

Banned

Absolutely no need to merge there though. The traffic flows without 2 lanes going into 1

So what is the merge lane for?

Get Boris on the job. Simple law change to zipper merge as they have in Europe.

My whinge, the lane 2 hogs who have moved across to lane 3 on the new 4 lane motorways leaving 2 inside lanes empty

People who dont use their indicators, pisses me.off because there's literally nothing that can be done

I quite like the idea in America at turning left on a red light if clear to do so.

People who cant understand bus lanes that are only in use during peak hours.

I love how angry people get when dont let them in.

Also anybody encountered chavy kids doing wheelies on their bikes through red lights.

This a video of a similar scene in Brighton.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post

I quite like the idea in America at turning left on a red light if clear to do so.

Woah. Don’t do that. Turn right not left

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Woah. Don’t do that. Turn right not left
    Ive flipped it so it would.work.over here

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Joining the A48 from the roundabout by blooms in st Mellon's is the same, 2 lanes going down to 1 at the end, but one lane is completely empty, whereas the other lane is queued back around the roundabout, blocking the flow of traffic in 4 other directions.
    If everyone just used both lanes until the end, the whole thing would flow a lot more smoothly.

You get some idiots who take it upon themselves to sit across 2 lanes to stop anyone from "pushing in"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Queue jumping how?
    Failing to merge and then butting in at the last minute?

Driving up the hard shoulder?