+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Queue Jumpers

Re: Traffic Queue Jumpers

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    People who dont use their indicators, pisses me.off because there's literally nothing that can be done

I quite like the idea in America at turning left on a red light if clear to do so.

People who cant understand bus lanes that are only in use during peak hours.

I love how angry people get when dont let them in.

The twats who lane hop in congested traffic on dual carriage ways and motorways are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Joining the A48 from the roundabout by blooms in st Mellon's is the same, 2 lanes going down to 1 at the end, but one lane is completely empty, whereas the other lane is queued back around the roundabout, blocking the flow of traffic in 4 other directions.
    If everyone just used both lanes until the end, the whole thing would flow a lot more smoothly.

You get some idiots who take it upon themselves to sit across 2 lanes to stop anyone from "pushing in"
    I come off the M4 nr Llantrisant to drop a boy up the Rhondda before, we drove past talbot green etc and came to a roundabout, I used the right lane to pass about 15 cars all queued in the left lane, perfectly ok to do so but got some right looks as I turned off

People must sit there like that every day. **** that after 2 hours of driving on a Thursday with the pub calling.

Driving in the middle lane of the motorway not over taking anybody. There must be so many people who pull onto the motorway and just head for the middle lane ( or worse outside lane) and stay there for the whole journey, no matter whether there’s space to drive in the inside lane! Winds me up a treat

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Driving in the middle lane of the motorway not over taking anybody. There must be so many people who pull onto the motorway and just head for the middle lane ( or worse outside lane) and stay there for the whole journey, no matter whether there’s space to drive in the inside lane! Winds me up a treat
    Someone on this website, probably about 10 years ago posted something about having to go from the inside lane to the outside lane then back to the inside lane to overtake middle lane hoggers, and complained that having to do so added "literally thousands" of additional miles driven per year.

I spent the next 30 minutes calculating how many times you would have to do that for it to add up to 2000 miles and worked out he would need to be performing this manoeuvre about once every 2 seconds.
    I then realized how sad I was being, screwed up my workings and never posted it.

Someone on this website, probably about 10 years ago posted something about having to go from the inside lane to the outside lane then back to the inside lane to overtake middle lane hoggers, and complained that having to do so added "literally thousands" of additional miles driven per year.

I spent the next 30 minutes calculating how many times you would have to do that for it to add up to 2000 miles and worked out he would need to be performing this manoeuvre about once every 2 seconds.
    I then realized how sad I was being, screwed up my workings and never posted it.
    I have written out big posts before to try and win an argument or make a point, sometimes hundreds of words long, then normally towards the end after I have vented most of what I wanted to say, I look at it think what the **** am I doing and delete it. It is a habit I am pretty happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I have written out big posts before to try and win an argument or make a point, sometimes hundreds of words long, then normally towards the end after I have vented most of what I wanted to say, I look at it think what the **** am I doing and delete it. It is a habit I am pretty happy with.
    Yeah it's probably a monthly occurrence for me .

Yeah by sitting on it and then bringing it back up 10 years later you come across as a real cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah by sitting on it and then bringing it back up 10 years later you come across as a real cool guy
    Good, that's what I was going for.

People moaning about other drivers are usually the worst drivers themselves...too fast, too confident and angry all the time.
    That's why i walk ...but those feckers that try to go past me on the escalator....feck them

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Doesn't matter if you feel a prat or not, the road is usable until you approach the cones. If people are beeping and not letting you in, then they're the ones who are prats for being illogical.
    This. Also, using both lanes until you reach the cones helps avoid traffic congestion further back.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    People moaning about other drivers are usually the worst drivers themselves...too fast, too confident and angry all the time.
    That's why i walk ...but those feckers that try to go past me on the escalator....feck them
    They're usually the drivers who've got dashcams aswell. Why they'd want to film themselves driving like dicks and potentially causing accidents is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why are they always men?
    It's got to be done, makes up the time from having to wait for the outside lane to clear because of all the middle lane winkers that won't use the inside lane.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post

I drive on the motorway regularly, generally going to and from the South East and the South West of England.
    I have to say the worst I see for “not keeping left” is on the M4 East and West between Cardiff and the bridge.
    It’s almost as if people are scared about getting caught in the the lanes which will eventually be designated for a junction miles ahead.

Spot on absolute winkers the lot of em!!!

Drivers who don’t put their lights on these dismal early mornings or late afternoon, do they think that they’re wasting electricity? Very dodgy if you’re parked and waiting to pull out, difficult to spot an approaching dark vehicle without lights on in your wing mirror.

Where can you buy ‘um ????

Ford Focus drivers looking down at people, yeah fair enough they've got a hell of a machine but the air of superiority is a bit wearing

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Where can you buy ‘um ????
    Matalan, next to the car...............digans

That and wankers that don’t indicate are right up there.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Braking for absolutely no apparent reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How am I supposed to indicate when I've got one hand on the wheel and my phone in the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If we're going to do stereotypes then what is it about BMW drivers and aggression? closely followed by Audi drivers.
    amen to that ,its called arrogance ego car man

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How am I supposed to indicate when I've got one hand on the wheel and my phone in the other?
    use your knee