+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsavoury goings on in Bulgaria

Re: Unsavoury goings on in Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we must stop the anti english stuff as soon as possible. It's pathetic and an embaressment to the club. Please stop otherwise we are no better than the hooded racists
    Most of our players are English aren’t they? Or not welsh at least.....its very embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    we must stop the anti english stuff as soon as possible. It's pathetic and an embaressment to the club. Please stop otherwise we are no better than the hooded racists
    According to British law the anti-English stuff has been illegal and racist for over 20 years because people's nationalities are protected due to the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 - and under that English, Welsh, Scottish and Irish people are different, just as Somalians and Nicaraguans, etc, etc, are. This article sums it up quite well: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...lum-macdonald/

Here's a paragraph from it: Nevertheless, a whole new group of people have been branded racists in the eyes of the law, from the councillor in Lanarkshire who called a Welsh constituent "boyo" to the Frenchman in Argyll who said a business rival was a "fat, f***ing English c***".

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Most of our players are English aren’t they? Or not welsh at least.....its very embarrassing
    I always wonder what the players and our management team think ,.over the years its usually a non welsh make up .

I find the anti English stuff ,very childlike ,we need to grow up .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Borislav Mihaylov, the president of the Bulgarian Football Union, has resigned.

More than 20 police officers swept into the BFU’s headquarters in Sofia. Sources close to the issue told Reuters that officers had been searching for documents related to some Bulgarian referees.

Bulgaria goalkeeper Plamen Iliev has said home fans “behaved well” during the game, suggesting that Gareth Southgate’s players “overreacted a bit”.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...islav-mihaylov

From other online reports I have read most of the Bulgarian press, along with the country's President and the team captain have condemned the racist abuse and described last night as shameful. Quite a few positives out of a disgusting situation.

(Not sure if the raid on the football federation HQ was in any way related to last night or is just about alleged corruption in the organisation - and contributed to the resignation of the president - who I read was a former Reading FC goalkeeper).

Bloody hell , football is a corrupt old nasty beast ,I do wonder why I like it , morally it can be so bankrupt at times , lol

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    And in fairness that goes both ways.
    Doesn’t alter the fact that it’s pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I always wonder what the players and our management team think ,.over the years its usually a non welsh make up .

I find the anti English stuff ,very childlike ,we need to grow up .
    It would make it a better atmosphere at the CCS if anti-English stuff was dropped and replaced by pro-Welsh stuff. Predominantly in terms of Cardiff City, I think songs about hooliganism and child abuse should also be dropped from our song sheets sharpish.

The one thing I would pick you up on is wondering what our team thinks about it. If they spent any amount of time in Wales I would they would be open enough to engaging with local culture and get some understanding of the frustration that sparks those sort of childish songs. For example there was a question asked of Stephen Barclay (Brexit Secretary) today at the Brexit Committee where asked why Senedd and Holyrood aren't involved in discussions considering DUP and ERG get updates straight from current UK government to which the response was summed up as "not bothered". There is a relationship which could be improved upon, dropping childish songs being something we can do quick, but things can happen at much higher level too and players/staff hopefully recognise that.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Doesn’t alter the fact that it’s pathetic.
    I assumed that my comment implied that? Yes - it is very pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I assumed that my comment implied that? Yes - it is very pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post