+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Spam mail

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T Spam mail

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Some people do fall for it.

I had a call from one of my clients last week having received a very similar mail. They had started to panic.

There's one like it as well that quotes an actual password of yours, usually an older one from a database that was compromised at some point in the past. It can be quite alarming.

I have had to reformat a number of computers where people have allowed remote access to these nefarious conmen and they have even paid hundreds of pounds through fear after being bullied down the phone line. Most victims are vulnerable elderly people.

I even cut off one connection with the guys browser on his bank account sign in page after remote access software had been installed to be permanently transmitting his screen to some randowm location. He thought the people that called him were quite polite and very trustworthy as they were trying to steal his life savings.
    why would you panic unless youd been visiting dodgy sites?

Quote Originally Posted by lazbian View Post
    why would you panic unless youd been visiting dodgy sites?
    You could have clicked on a fake link sent to you in an email, or installed an app that had dodgy popups. Lots of ways to get in

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You could have clicked on a fake link sent to you in an email, or installed an app that had dodgy popups. Lots of ways to get in
    that old chestnut.....

you know that wont stand up in court delm...