+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harry Winks or Declan Rice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harry Winks or Declan Rice?

We call Jonny Williams Joniesta and Joe Allen the Welsh Xavi

Xavi and Iniesta were not big names at Winks' age, and Barca at that time were probably as good as Tottenham. Now i'm not saying he will become the players they did, but on the whole I've never felt Winks gets much recognition from pundits or the media, and keeps churning out solid mature performances. Rice on the other hand is clearly being overhyped..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We call Jonny Williams Joniesta and Joe Allen the Welsh Xavi

Xavi and Iniesta were not big names at Winks' age, and Barca at that time were probably as good as Tottenham. Now i'm not saying he will become the players they did, but on the whole I've never felt Winks gets much recognition from pundits or the media, and keeps churning out solid mature performances. Rice on the other hand is clearly being overhyped..
    "Barca at that time were probably as good as Tottenham" WTF?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    "Barca at that time were probably as good as Tottenham" WTF?!?!?
    That's Tottenham who were just in the champions league final xavi and iniesta broke through in the late 90s didn't they? Barcelona won the champions League in 2006, but I don't think they were the same force back then

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    That's Tottenham who were just in the champions league final xavi and iniesta broke through in the late 90s didn't they? Barcelona won the champions League in 2006, but I don't think they were the same force back then
    So they got to a final of a cup competition. Big deal. When was the last time Spurs won something? The league cup a decade ago?

Barcelona were winning their league before, during and after Xavi and Iniesta broke through. They also broke through a lot younger than Winks has.

Hes not even a regular fixture in the Spurs side and hes nearly 24.