Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    aiden flint doing star jumps to put off their keeper what a giant shithouse
    Was like ten yards offside anyway..

Re: CARDIFF CITY v SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY: Match thread

Absolute crap.
    Play tomlin/white instead of ralls.
    Worst game since reading

That other lot are top of the league. Awful. How did they let us get back into that? We could have actually won that despite being absolutely horrible.

Tomlin made us look half-OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Tomlin made us look half-OK.
    He would be a brilliant player if he could last 90 minutes.

I'm away for the weekend and only managed to see the last 10 minutes or so. I'm guessing that wasn't a reflection of the game as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm away for the weekend and only managed to see the last 10 minutes or so. I'm guessing that wasn't a reflection of the game as a whole?
    Not exactly.

No.😂

Nope, we were absolutely rubbish. Awful.

And boring to watch with it 🙈

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmother View Post
    Was like ten yards offside anyway..
    He was in an offside POSITION, true, but he stopped jumping and crouched down as the kick was taken, so couldn't be said to be going for the ball, so not offside. (under the current rules, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    He was in an offside POSITION, true, but he stopped jumping and crouched down as the kick was taken, so couldn't be said to be going for the ball, so not offside. (under the current rules, anyway)
    I think it’s the line of sight rule that’s in dispute.

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 1 SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY: Match thread

The rules are an ass.

I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday fans will be saying that should have won. And they'd be right. But they didn't. Was it down to them? Or us? Flint and particularly Morrison had some good defensive moments. But our general play was just awful. Is that really what Warnock wants from them? I don't understand what he's trying to do anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I think it’s the line of sight rule that’s in dispute.
    thing is, he was twelve yards or more away, how much line of sight does he want, and if you say to the ball then surely morrison was in the way as well as the rest of the defensive wall.

Monk actually came across as decent in the interview after!?!?! Never thought I'd say that

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm sure Sheffield Wednesday fans will be saying that should have won. And they'd be right. But they didn't. Was it down to them? Or us? Flint and particularly Morrison had some good defensive moments. But our general play was just awful. Is that really what Warnock wants from them? I don't understand what he's trying to do anymore.
    Not convinced. The second half was 95% Cardiff and they missed 3-4 chances for a second goal.
    Monks comments
    ”We didn't allow them to turn the game into a physical scrap, which is what they wanted.”

Wednesday had 3 yellow cards to our none and 22 fouls to our 11.
    In the second half, when they were under the cosh, I thought they were a very cynical team.

Anyway, based on last night’s showing, I am amazed they are a top 6 team.
    Either the championship is of poor quality or the top 3-4 teams will all draw away from the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    thing is, he was twelve yards or more away, how much line of sight does he want, and if you say to the ball then surely morrison was in the way as well as the rest of the defensive wall.
    The line of sight rule only applies to the player standing in the offiside position.

If Flint want trying to interfere why do you think he was doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Part of the current offside law reads as follows:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play if interfering with an opponent by preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.

You don't reckon 6' 6" Aden Flint doing star jumps in front of the keeper could be considered to obstruct an opponent's line of vision?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Part of the current offside law reads as follows:

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play if interfering with an opponent by preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision.

You don't reckon 6' 6" Aden Flint doing star jumps in front of the keeper could be considered to obstruct an opponent's line of vision?

At the moment the ball was played Flint had his hands down by his sides.

But he was very close to the keepers line of sight of the ball if not directly blocking it - so very lucky decision to let it stand.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    “They don’t get credit, my lads, they play some lovely stuff they do”