+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: When is Bamba back?

When is Bamba back?

Just looking on the flashscores app and it has him as “questionable” where he has been under “will not play” for a while..

Is he close to a return?

Re: When is Bamba back?

Warnock saying in his latest interview that they are trying to get a game for him (practice match) for his match fitness otherwise he's ready to play.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Warnock saying in his latest interview that they are trying to get a game for him (practice match) for his match fitness otherwise he's ready to play.
    That is good to hear.

Big questions for me are will Joe Ralls start and who drops out if he does? I'd go for yes and Callum Paterson - also think Etheridge might play.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Big questions for me are will Joe Ralls start and who drops out if he does? I'd go for yes and Callum Paterson - also think Etheridge might play.
    If he’s fit enough he plays, although there’s the argument of bringing players back too soon as well. Maybe another week will be the difference between him lasting the season or getting injured again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    If he’s fit enough he plays, although there’s the argument of bringing players back too soon as well. Maybe another week will be the difference between him lasting the season or getting injured again soon!
    Thats the sensible approach, bench perhaps , more importantly as TOBW asks does Ralls play , that's a yes for me instead of Paterson.

And I'd like Etheridge back , however his international travel arrangements may stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Thats the sensible approach, bench perhaps , more importantly as TOBW asks does Ralls play , that's a yes for me instead of Paterson.

And I'd like Etheridge back , however his international travel arrangements may stop that.
    Probably best not to have Etheridge play any Damietta of role really. He’s probably fooked.

Warnock has been talking up Bamba's return for weeks now, but I don't see how he gets back in the team unless there is an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Warnock has been talking up Bamba's return for weeks now, but I don't see how he gets back in the team unless there is an injury.
    I honestly don’t recall the last interview of his I read.

The latest on Sol Bamba

“He’s telling me he’s ready,” said Warnock.

“We thought he was ready a couple of weeks ago but we understood the medical department.

“They originally said it would be the first week of November, behind closed doors. He’s such an important injury, at his age it would be career-threatening if he had another injury.“

Neil Warnock

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-17097920

That's a bit of a garbled summary of what Warnock said this morning. He did say that if there had been injuries to one of the other CBs (and maybe Nelson) he would have played Sol a few weeks ago. However, the medical team have advised caution and a longer rehab period, including an u23 or friendly game before he starts again in the league. Old lad you see - take no chances.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The latest on Sol Bamba

“He’s telling me he’s ready,” said Warnock.

“We thought he was ready a couple of weeks ago but we understood the medical department.

“They originally said it would be the first week of November, behind closed doors. He’s such an important injury, at his age it would be career-threatening if he had another injury.“

Neil Warnock

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-17097920

That's a bit of a garbled summary of what Warnock said this morning. He did say that if there had been injuries to one of the other CBs (and maybe Nelson) he would have played Sol a few weeks ago. However, the medical team have advised caution and a longer rehab period, including an u23 or friendly game before he starts again in the league. Old lad you see - take no chances.
    Nelsons not gonna get a look in is he.

Nelsons not gonna get a look in is he.
    Doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Doubt it.
    Makes you wonder with all his talk in the summer about him that he should have been playing at a higher level etc, I’m convinced he’s had to go out and buy in cheap, he’s just talked them all up.

Makes you wonder with all his talk in the summer about him that he should have been playing at a higher level etc, I’m convinced he’s had to go out and buy in cheap, he’s just talked them all up.
    Nelson has been the regular bench cover for the defence, with Brown and Coxe getting an occasional slot (sometimes just to achieve the 'home grown' quota) but I don't see much enthusiasm from the manager for any of them getting on the pitch. He does talk them up but that doesn't translate to trust. Not yet anyway.

Even with spell check and European translator I still have no clue as to what or who is Damietta?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Even with spell check and European translator I still have no clue as to what or who is Damietta?
    No idea what happened there.

Although its quite obvious if you read the full sentence isn’t it.

City probably understood the Sala payments and played it financially cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    City probably understood the Sala payments and played it financially cautious.
    They would have known that when they said we were going to give it a right go as well.

I’m not sure how the Sala money factors into it, if he joined successfully we would have had to pay it, due to tragic events he never and it is sensible to keep that money aside, granted.
    But what had one season’s budget got to do with the other?